Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Knight's Lore Card Packs are AWFULL

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 03, 2009
So between my friend and I we have spent about $30 between us on the Knight's Lore card packs. I have noticed a dramatic drop in rewards given in the packs. Other packs have much more furniture, more diverse pets, mounts, and more diverse weapons.

With the last couple of packs I see one look for the weapon - bow, armor that is inconsistently rare and not nearly as good as armor we are picking up in dungeons. I have several hats or boots but no armor.

Most of the furniture items are already in-game with only bobbleheads and a couple other furniture items being new whereas with other packs there were dozens of new furniture items.

There's only one pet look, the weasel. No mount.

Compared to the value and diversity of other packs, this one really should cost 200 crowns.

I could be wrong, it is a gamble. I wonder if other people have the same feeling toward their purchases. I will have to check on the fansites first from now on to see if any packs are even worth buying. Of all the cards packs, this latest one is the least rewarding. Half the packs just give me treasure cards that I dont use and are cheap to buy/sell on the auction, and a couple of 6 or 8 experience pet snacks. No furniture, nothing to show.

I liked card packs before they were stuffed with auction trash.

/rantoff

back to pet grinding!

Explorer
Dec 02, 2010
Personally, I'm neutral on the latest Pack (although I mostly agree with you with the unfairness of certain dropped items like sorely needed TCs if somebody wanted to craft the spells). The only reasons I'm interested is to get the Level 80 version of the Mercy's Trueflight Bow for my Myth and the Darkfire Longbow for my little brother's Fire. I agree with you about the furniture: unless you're trying to start a bobblehead collection, it's BORING (or "too common" being a better description).

The only reason I can think of as to why there are no mounts because KI figured since they just released the Hydra, Pagoda Gauntlet, and Majestic Packs with mounts that there was no need for any mounts to be in this one. And considering that info, I kinda have to agree. So in case of the Knight's Lore pack, the spells take the place of mounts.

In my experience, the Packs' gear sets aren't nearly as powerful compared to crafted or dropped gear for higher levels (levels 60 and over). I feel the only thing the clothes are good for is if you want to stitch it with gear with stronger stats for appearances sake. As far as I'm concerned the most worthwhile thing about all Packs (including the ones you get at Gamestop) are the wands bar none.

Defender
Jul 23, 2011
I was not real happy with any of the packs, past or present. I think younger players enjoy them more. I have always gotten more satisfaction from farming for free drops than spending my hard earned money on packs. Save your money if you're not happy.

Defender
May 19, 2012
You are reiterating exactly what I said about these packs in another post. The 'junk' in these packs is horrible, and make it well worth avoiding purchasing these packs. I know I won't be spending anymore crowns on them.

Survivor
Oct 30, 2011
I agree this new pack is awful i spent 21358 crowns on the Knights of Lore Pack and got no deer knight card (real card for death) its a waste if KI doesnt change the drop rating.

And i also spent 10000 crowns on the pack alone to again and got no deer knight and just way to much gear.

My suggestion is that they raise the drop rating in the pack for the cards.
Because it is hard enough for some people getting amber from plants.

Explorer
Dec 02, 2010
The main reason for you not getting the Deer Knight spell after spending all those crowns is because well...the spells are basically ranked 'Ultra-rare' or 'Epic', meaning that the most realistic chance you have of getting any of them would most likely be no more than 5% (and you'd be extremely lucky if you got one on your very first try or even spending $20 worth of crowns).

All in all, if you want Deer Knight that much, then you really have a better shot at gathering the needed reagents and buying the recipe to craft it I'm afraid :( Or you can do what me and others are doing in that we're waiting patiently for KI to break down and make them drops like they did with the Ninja's Lore spells.

Survivor
Sep 21, 2011
lyer i got a white stag mount from nights loar pack and weasel pets are AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
Lol Mickeym124.

Weasels are awesome. I agree!

But I think the mount issue is about permanent mounts, and not rentals. I believe the Stag is only a rental.

Survivor
Aug 27, 2010
Actually, You can still get mounts from either then Knights Lore pack or one of the others ones. I blew thru a bunch of Crowns on the packs(Not recommended) and ended up getting a Permanent Hydra mount. So even tho I blew thru those crowns, The Hydra Mount was worth it.

Survivor
Jun 02, 2012
mickeym124 wrote:
lyer i got a white stag mount from nights loar pack and weasel pets are AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

I also received the Stag mount about three packs into the new-pack-frenzy, but sadly Shiningfantasia is correctly. They are only one day rentals.

I've bought about four of the Knight's Lore packs and wasn't too thrilled with anything but my bow. Mostly, I found reagents, pet snacks (ones that I really have no use for) and a few book decorations for my house.

The only useful things I really found were: Longbow of Grave Justice, Death Seraph, and my White Stag Mount (1 day)

Emmaline Mythblade
Grandmaster Pyromancer

Survivor
Jun 20, 2009
This pack is very cool i got great armor and my family got a weapon.

Survivor
Apr 05, 2009
Man i am so pst i buyed about 120 something worth of the knight packs trying to get deer knight and i got catalan and handsome fomori and a bunch of random stuff Ki should make the ratio better i want that deer kngiht i spent a lor of money trying to get it if they can replace my catalan spell with a deer knight one i have no need for catalan! or handsome fomori its killing me here!

Survivor
Oct 30, 2011
liar123 on Dec 4, 2012 wrote:
Man i am so pst i buyed about 120 something worth of the knight packs trying to get deer knight and i got catalan and handsome fomori and a bunch of random stuff Ki should make the ratio better i want that deer kngiht i spent a lor of money trying to get it if they can replace my catalan spell with a deer knight one i have no need for catalan! or handsome fomori its killing me here!
You know if you have the other real spells as in famori giant and Catalan KI said if you tell them about it you can get the right spell for your school as in Deer knight... So ya just tell KI you got the wrong spell, if you got the real version of Catalan and famori, then just tell KI that you got the wrong spell for your school and they ( I think ) they will give you your school spell and for your case Deer Knight. Hope this helps took me almost a year to craft deer knight you can get a ton of amber from the Phoenix hoard hint hint.

Survivor
Jan 01, 2009
To me, I don't get into craze with them. I get about 5 packs then quit, and in those packs I have gotten many rank 7 and 8 pet snacks, and a Stag mount. The drop rate, to me, is the same for any pack and any item, even if it has EPIC on it! That just's shows how good the Item is.

Pretend I have a new pack called Conqueror's pack. If it gave a Medusa mount or a Rank 1 pet snack out of about 50 other Items.

Its 1/50
and 1/50
Not too much of a rate is it?
But you get about 7 in each pack so drop it down to
about 1/16.5326 or 1/17 Items to get it.( Correct me if I am wrong).
You may not get good stuff the first time. Or the second, but the drop rate is the same and it is MEDIUM.

Also a tip of advice, please try not to waste 30$ on a card pack :D.( maybe about 2 a week)

Survivor
Dec 22, 2009
it is terrible i have spent over 40,000 crowns on the pack and havent gotten the deer knight spell