Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

change treasure cards

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 11, 2009
-this is not a get rid of treasure card post-

i have recently been playing a lot of low lvl pvp and seen way too much treasure card use. lots of people just wait till they have 6 pips and then play a Triton. as i see it there are only 2 real ways to counter this: 1 spam shields or 2 spam mana burn and since shield spamming is really lame and you cant have more than 1 mana burn card in your deck (worlds fool boots) unless you're high lvl balance. i think the only solution available is to change treasure cards.
i think that there needs to be some kind of lvl cap on treasure cards. example: Triton: wizards under lvl 26 cant use.
i don't think this should apply to item or pet cards, however because you can only get a couple cards from that and it wouldn't be in your hand whenever you wanted.
doing this would make it so wizards at low lvls actually had to use real strategy and the game would not be determined by whoever spent more money on treasure cards.
i don't want people saying 'well what about crown items, shouldn't you change that too' because i don't think crown items make as much a difference as treasure cards do

thanks for reading please post other ways treasure cards could be changed to work in pvp

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
ordalac wrote:
-this is not a get rid of treasure card post-

i have recently been playing a lot of low lvl pvp and seen way too much treasure card use. lots of people just wait till they have 6 pips and then play a Triton. as i see it there are only 2 real ways to counter this: 1 spam shields or 2 spam mana burn and since shield spamming is really lame and you cant have more than 1 mana burn card in your deck (worlds fool boots) unless you're high lvl balance. i think the only solution available is to change treasure cards.

You're missing many key things to set up defensively against these types of attacks.

First of all I'd like to point out to you and others that stacking shields in a ineffective strategy as shatter can easily strip away your wards leaving you defenseless, timing your shields with when you feel your opponent will strike is much more effective.

Secondly, the whole point is to use spells to counter damage and chop away at the damage value of the attack, using cards like plague and weakness can be great damage reducing spells from first position or second. Absorbs and dispels are also highly effective when used correctly and should not be overlooked.

A six pip triton at low level takes 5-6 rounds to set up at low level considering the low power pip chance, rounds you should be using to protect yourself or set up your own attack. I know from expierience that with the correct defensive deck set up, training pets for resist and gear selection these attacks are manageable at any level.

ordalac wrote:

i think that there needs to be some kind of lvl cap on treasure cards. example: Triton: wizards under lvl 26 cant use.

I don't know where you pulled this number from but IMO this wouldn't work and here's why..

If Trition TC had this random number restriction on it of 26 then a level 27 private would be able to cast it against a lvl 25 private who can't use it. What you have here is a relatively even match getting unbalanced because of the cap on the damage card.

You can't just draw lines between what damage TC's players can and can't use in this matching system according to level when the system pairs people together with big level differences, it only serves to punish the lower level player who is already at a big health disadvantage.

ordalac wrote:
doing this would make it so wizards at low lvls actually had to use real strategy and the game would not be determined by whoever spent more money on treasure cards.

You do not need money to buy and use treasure cards. TC's can be obtained from gold dropped in the main story line, from gardening and as drops in game. And I disagree with you, sideboards create a more diverse gaming expierience and TC's heighten the gaming expierience for serious duelists.
ordalac wrote:
thanks for reading please post other ways treasure cards could be changed.
I feel the game is fine the way it is. I play on very low level characters and survive these types of attacks everyday, IMO it is you strategy that has to change.