Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

is death have no chance at pvp?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 23, 2011
is there any chance for death to win at pvp? no. why? is there any spell that can make death win? people would say bone dragon but everytime i use that people would use triage so all your attack did nothing at all. people would say death take people's health away to heal them self but everybody in pvp shield so overtime spell is the best.
as i am posting this i am pvp a balance and he just used the new balance spell took my star spell away and did2000 damage i have no idea how but that's insane...
really bone dragon is the only spell make death win but people shield and triage and that new myth spell push overtime to you so that's worse...let's hope that the next death spell help death to warlord.
every time i am about to win they heal and you guys would say use bubble you know that bubble don't come to hand everytime you need it by the time it come is too late.

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
Yea I hear you death isn't the easiest school to play. I myself am a death commander I had to fight a lot to get to this rank. Sometimes death won't win a match. I don't recommend that you just rely on dragon. I like to use a mix of dragon poison wraith and vampire. Usually I infect a person and once they reach half health I put up gloom.

The problem with death is it doesnt have a really hard hitting spell. Dragon is good but it won't kill too fast. So we death use gloom to keep the enemy from healing. Gloom is easy to counter when you are going first which makes it harder for deaths to control the amount of healing an enemy does.

I fought an ice warlord going second and I lost because I couldn't control the bubble at all. He would cleanse charm and cast balefrost to counter my dooms. He then would heal off the damage I did.

Simply death will lose when your against tanks such as ice and life's who just shield and heal. Unless you can control the healing that goes on you will lose.

Survivor
Sep 05, 2009
ok so i used to have a warlord death person at the level 50 cap and then i down ranked for the arena tickets now i am struggling my way up what used to be a very easy climb for death wizards but the key remains in some pvp strategies i have found very useful for death wizards.
with life mastery amulet:use life dispels, and infections to keep people from healing. it takes a while to have enough experience to guess what your opponent might do. i would use stack these as soon as your opponent reaches around half health. Ok now for your attacks and defense. I suggest death blade and death spear and infalliable for a decent pierce and damage ratio it is also possible to use spirit blades but i perfer not to. While stacking up on blades and the all important Tower Shield watch your own health and be prepared to satyr if needed when you get one pip away from max pips it is time to unleash the fury. if your opponent hath shielded then blow a couple of poisons his way of course with colossal on them. After his shields are out and you have dealt some decent damage time to get your own health back with some colossaled vampires or wraiths. NOTE: keep an eye on your opponents health to know when to controll or contourt his healing, and keep an eye on your own health an occasional fairy or satyr will come in handy if the vampires and wraiths arent healing you well enough. Also i advise to watch out against the balance school and their " crush your star school spell" spell if you are against one simply do not use infalliable unless your experience tells you that he wont use that spell. Again this takes allot of practice and allot of guessing your opponents moves.

Explorer
Jul 10, 2009
I kind of agree, but you still have more than the death dragon itself. A great strategy/combo would be to poison first( to make sure there are no shields on the opponent) and then dragon. Really it's all luck, you really dont know who could have triage in their deck.

Survivor
Aug 19, 2011
I hear what your saying but you have to varietize how you attack. What I do for example is Poison twice so that way I can get time to blade and unleash a devastating bone dragon. Thats been winning it for me and I'm a lvl 78 death captain. So far my strategy only failed me 5x my record 17-5 :). But If I end up against a balance best thing I do is to avoid high cost spells like bone dragon. So I mostly use vampire, poison, and wraith. Hope this helps.