Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Best Secondary School for Life Wizards?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 15, 2009
My wizard is a level 55 life wizard who is currently in Celestia. Battling is pretty difficult. Sure, i can heal myself whenever i need to, but attacking is close to impossible. Currently, my secondary school is fire. It's a nice school with strong spells, but i still can hardly finish a battle without help from friends. Switching secondary schools is quite expensive, so i only have one shot at it. I was considering storm school, but it fizzles quite often. I then considered myth, because myth and life are in the same balance trap and blades sets. I have one astral spell, i havent looked into them much. Well, point being, what school do you think makes the best secondary school for life wizards? Life wizards have plenty of health and healing, bu our attacks lack greatly.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
By level 55 you should be getting damage and pips boost in your gear and I choose the Sun Spells Giant though Colossus to boost all my life spells. Unless you have the amulet for a secondary school they become to long to wait for past mid Mooshu around level 45. You don't have to take the accuracy spells to get the boost ones, you start at the Base Camp then Floating Land and then the last is in Drum Jungle.

Slim your deck down to include a few heals, I have 2 Fairy, 1 Satyr and one Rebirth which I discard if not in group, 2 Prisms in case you get in on a Life boss fight by accident, 2 traps, 3 blades, 1 Leprechaun, 1 Seprah and at least 3 Centaurs. Pack a few back up spells in your side board and keep it current. You only have 3 more levels to go for Forest Lord and level 58 gear which will improve your game play greatly so hang in there, for now you have to become a one hit wonder.

Defender
Nov 21, 2010
I would suggest to learn the damage enchantments spells from Sun school:
Strong -> Giant -> Monstrous -> Gargantuan -> Colossal.
Put as much copies you can of the strongest enchantment to your deck and you will notice how strong your damage spells become.

Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
I have many wizards, but my life is level 16 and I have the same question, but what I suggest from personal experience for questing is death, death and life are a GREAT combo. 8) But if you want a pvp character then you probably would want death for life stealing and it shares spirit blade and trap with life. Also ice might be good for a pvp char if you want to defend AND heal for drawn out battles. Hoped this helped!

Level 60 Myth Zachary Legendwalker
Level 54 Storm Isaiah Thundertamer
Level 38 Death Seth Drake
Level 19 Balance Valdus Windcaller
Level 18 Fire Evan Emeraldbreath
Level 16 Life Caleb Drake

"Time is true magic"

Survivor
Aug 11, 2011
I would not get a different secondary school. You are a couple of levels from Forest lord, and that will solve all of your problems. You don't want to attack with fire/storm since your blades/traps won't help much.

Defender
Jul 23, 2011
If you were going to buy back training points and choose a new second school, death would be your best choice. Death spells attack and heal you at the same time. However, if you don't have the death mastery amulet, you will use alot of pips unnecessarily. I haven't used secondary spells for a long time. The centaur is very powerful if used correctly. Also, Ice school has the best shields. If you shield up well, you won't take so much damage. I, too have a grandmaster theurgist. I really enjoy life school after maxing out my balance wizard. If possible, though, get feint from the death school. It is very helpful in boss battles.

Defender
May 19, 2012
brwac wrote:
By level 55 you should be getting damage and pips boost in your gear and I choose the Sun Spells Giant though Colossus to boost all my life spells. Unless you have the amulet for a secondary school they become to long to wait for past mid Mooshu around level 45. You don't have to take the accuracy spells to get the boost ones, you start at the Base Camp then Floating Land and then the last is in Drum Jungle.

Slim your deck down to include a few heals, I have 2 Fairy, 1 Satyr and one Rebirth which I discard if not in group, 2 Prisms in case you get in on a Life boss fight by accident, 2 traps, 3 blades, 1 Leprechaun, 1 Seprah and at least 3 Centaurs. Pack a few back up spells in your side board and keep it current. You only have 3 more levels to go for Forest Lord and level 58 gear which will improve your game play greatly so hang in there, for now you have to become a one hit wonder.

Not sure if you just figured they would know to include it or not, but they should include at least one reshuffle in this deck, in case they happen to need it. Otherwise they could find themselves still facing a monster and be without damage spells. Even life fizzles sometimes. My life wizard has been fizzling a lot this week for some reason.

Defender
Jul 23, 2011
Unfortunately re-shuffle uses five pips, and if I remember correctly, it is a balance card. So, if you use it, it will cost five pips (possibly essential power pips.) I even stopped using it with my balance wizard. Sometimes the re-shuffle is no better, if not worse than the original shuffle.

Survivor
Mar 18, 2012
Yes I felt underpowered as a life wiz at the beginning after reaching archmage on my fire but now ilove it after getting forest lord at lvl 58 and so far i have trained up to gargantuan in sun school. Training those really helps. I did a critical forest lord the other day (with like 3 or 4 blades) that did 10 thou to each. I also suggest training amplify star school to add even more to your attack. Fire is not a good second school, I would suggest death or myth but you will find that once you get forest lord you wont be using your second school. If you want to do pvp go for myth imo but only if you have mastery amulet.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
fiziali wrote:
brwac wrote:

Not sure if you just figured they would know to include it or not, but they should include at least one reshuffle in this deck, in case they happen to need it. Otherwise they could find themselves still facing a monster and be without damage spells. Even life fizzles sometimes. My life wizard has been fizzling a lot this week for some reason.

I never use reshuffle, altho could of used it when I ran out of cards fighting Jade Oni - sad to see my little sprite minion only one left fighting and I finally had to flee, I had him down below 500. I didn't work my deck or treasure cards or even gear, as well back then tho. Now I usually depend on a few cards in my sideboard if I run low. Boss fights I add more in deck. I always wanted to set up 2 decks, one for mobs one for boss fights but never did. I have a pet with spritely that helps. Other wise I am more of a hit and run wizard. I started to figure out how much damage I had to have in my deck to defeat what I was facing and that is how I got a more usable deck going for mob fights.

As for fizzle all my wizards are on a skid with that too.