Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mika Skarka

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jan 13, 2010
Defender
Apr 24, 2009
aditha12 wrote:
Is there someway to defeat Mika Skarka. He is so hard.

Depends on your school...and your gear. You need the waterworks gear. I know how to kill him if your fire.

Get efreet and helephant and a few heals and shields/blades. Buy tower shield from the library in Wizard City. Once you do that, make sure you also have gargantuan or colossal boost and a pet that gives you at least +8% resist. Use gargantuan/colossal boost on helephant and use fire blade, I can kill minion with just that. Then fully blade up and kill boss with 1 but maybe 2 efreets depending on your strength. For extra hits, add heck hound too so that efreet not the only thing you hitting with.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
aditha12 wrote:
Is there someway to defeat Mika Skarka. He is so hard.

If I recall correctly, you're a Balance wizard (like me, yay!). So stock up on treasure blades and spam Tower Shields while building up for a big hit~ my sorcerer took him down quite easily, though I had to rely a lot on off-school TCs to keep my strategy intact.

Add these to your sideboard:

Life shield (either trained or treasure)
Entangle (Life dispel)
Strangle (death dispel, to keep those shields off)
Spirit Defuse
Spirit Shield
Tower Shield
Steal Ward
Steal Charm
Cleanse charm
Shatter
Spirit Blade/Trap (trained and treasure)
Elemental blade/trap (trained and treasure).

Worth noting: Death, Fire, and Storm all boost against Life, so always enchant your spells for max damage.

Good luck!

El Veeb
the Archmage of Awesomeness

Explorer
Dec 02, 2010
One little correction: only Death and Fire magic is boosted against Life creatures. Against Storm creatures, it's Myth and Life magic that gets a boost. Other than that good, detailed advice!

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Yohko86 wrote:
One little correction: only Death and Fire magic is boosted against Life creatures. Against Storm creatures, it's Myth and Life magic that gets a boost. Other than that good, detailed advice!

No~ if you're in or past Celestia/level 48, Storm boosts against Life as well. I have 2 wizards there now~ Val, who is Death, gets a nice boost against Myth, Ice, and Life; Sestiva, my Storm wizard, boosts against Life and Fire enemies, as well as Myth. The original opposites are still accurate, but they've been added to.

"Sun" schools: Fire, Storm, Life all boost each other.
"Moon" schools: Ice, Myth, Death~ all of these boost each other as well.
"Star" is Balance, with astrals.

(I don't think they're actually called that in-game, but you've probably noticed that the tri-shields and blades, as well as the spells cast by enemies reflect this. If you've ever seen Mithraya's solar blade, for example, you'll know what I'm referring to.)

-

For Mika Skarka, I relied mostly on Hydra and Spec~ the Fire and Storm boosts were huge for me. But it was a chimera (9 blades, 9 traps, Amp, and Colossal, plus a well-timed critical, that dealt the death-blow.

/shameless plug for Balance.

Good luck!
-El Veeb