Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Game freezing and doorways not working?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 26, 2010
I've been noticing this a lot lately. While playing the game the doorways won't work, so I can't continue on to the next room. Also it's like the page isn't fully loaded. The bad guys aren't on the streets and it looks like everyone is frozen. At first, I thought it was just my laptop being slow, but then I mentioned it to my mom, sister, and brother (who all play on this as well, on their own laptops) and they were experiencing the same thing. We all tried to see if it was because we were all on the internet at our house, but when everyone disconnected, besides one, it still happened. Anyone else experiencing this? Is there something we can do about it? Any reply appreciated. :)

Administrator
Our support team can help you but you need to contact us at support@wizard101.com - and when you contact support, please ensure that you give us:
->the account name
->the character name
->your dxdiag file
->as much information about what you encountered as you can, including error messages or screenshots

NEVER send us:
->your password
->your full credit card information

The more information you give up front, the faster your issue can be resolved. It can take up to 48 hours before you receive a response.

A DxDiag is a utility designed to display the specifications of your computer hardware, as well as to test DirectX software, including sound and video. If you are asked for this information, it helps the support group relate your gaming issue to your personal computer.

To create a dxdiag.txt just go to Start -> Run (or Search in Vista) and enter dxdiag and click OK. Once the program has run its course, click "Save all Information" and it will output a txt file that you can attach to your email.

community@wizard101.com
Delver
Feb 16, 2010
I've been having this problem for over a year now, with no resolution. I even just recently changed my internet provider to see if that was part of the problem. Still not sure if that is going to work as there are some similar initial signs. And yes Professor, I've sent you all the files you've asked for on several occasions. I've tried everything you asked for and even some you haven't. The problem remained.
Signed
Frozo

Explorer
Jan 14, 2011
I'm not really sure, the fact that it happens to all of you sort of mixes things up, but I have this problem too. Basically, this happens when you are disconnected from the game, and your computer doesn't want to recognize it yet. One word, weirdness. But, if this is happening to all of you, well, I don't know.

... Here I am, finding the gray in a black and white problem... *sigh*

So anyways,
Peace, love, and rainbow pegasi,
Haley Fairygarden Level 48 Life
Vanessa Fairygarden Level 12 Balance

Mom: "You play this game way to much!"
Me: "You payed eighty bucks for this. I'm getting your money's worth out of it."

Defender
Jul 23, 2011
If you have an older computer, your video card may be lagging. Also, keep in mind that if the inside of your computer is dusty, or your hard drive is pretty full, you may see more lags too. The other problem may be the realm you're in. I have noticed that no matter how perfect they say they are, some realms are not as smooth as others. The last ditch solution is to uninstall, and then re-install the game. Sometimes the automatic updates from windows get too far ahead of the version of the game. Re-installing the game should definitely find the updates, ie direct x, etc., and fix the majority of the problems. If all else fails, contact tech support because they have more answers than people on these forums.

Defender
May 24, 2012
I followed Prof Greyrose' instructions and looked to see if my DirectX and other drivers are out of date. Hmmm.....yes. I was running DirectX 9 and the latest is 11. I downloaded 10 (free) and it helped, but I think part of the problem also is how many wizards are in one place at a time. It's summer. All the kids are out of school, so mid-afternoon in the Commons is much harder for the server to handle. I'm thinking that would contribute to jerkiness. If I want to play in the afternoon I stay away from common areas. But check your drivers. My PC is old so I know there's only so much I can do.

Survivor
Dec 03, 2011
KaylaBugInNeon wrote:
I've been noticing this a lot lately. While playing the game the doorways won't work, so I can't continue on to the next room. Also it's like the page isn't fully loaded. The bad guys aren't on the streets and it looks like everyone is frozen. At first, I thought it was just my laptop being slow, but then I mentioned it to my mom, sister, and brother (who all play on this as well, on their own laptops) and they were experiencing the same thing. We all tried to see if it was because we were all on the internet at our house, but when everyone disconnected, besides one, it still happened. Anyone else experiencing this? Is there something we can do about it? Any reply appreciated. :)

I've been experiencing this alot too. Maybe it's because of masses of people but i even get it when i'm hanging out with friends. It goes away after a long time though. I don't really experience it alot in battle but when i do it dosen't stay there for a while.
level 20 Myth Wizard-Lail MythRunner
Cyrus is a mean teacher