Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is Katz Lab hard?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 21, 2009
Defender
May 24, 2012
I solo-ed the lab with a level 34 Pyromancer, but it was close. I deployed my ring of fire +25%, then put a booster shield on him +35% then hit him with my big flame bird, can't remember his name looks like an eagle. After you get Katz down to size it's not so bad. One thing I've started noticing is that you have to strike them down pretty fast or they start to shield up. Then they come in with the rotting fodder that gives them more life. Just finish it as fast as you can.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Hermione512 wrote:
How many friends will i need with me? Should I bring 1, or more?

Atleast One other to help is best. I find the biggest thing with this instance is be patient and don't get caught in street fights, this wastes time and mana.

On your way into the last area visit all the chimneys on the way you pass, it saves going back to get them when you get to the gate.

Defender
May 24, 2012
Ooooo brwac. Now you tell me. I thought about touching the chimneys on my way to the door but was afraid that doing them before I was instructed to do so would screw things up. That has happened you know. I know, I know, you can't keep us informed of ALL the tricks. I do remember about the milk bottles though.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
quilteddawg63 wrote:
Ooooo brwac. Now you tell me. I thought about touching the chimneys on my way to the door but was afraid that doing them before I was instructed to do so would screw things up. That has happened you know. I know, I know, you can't keep us informed of ALL the tricks. I do remember about the milk bottles though.

After putting a few wizards though the spiral I tend to figure out a few short cuts to shorten it up a bit, mainly in parts where I just want to get past it. I don't even want to tell how I get though the Malistare fight, lol. Needless to say I thank the Professor for not totally disallowing my little spoilers here and there, what a good sport.

I agree some things can't be cut back on but others allow it - have had things back fire on me but good to know since I only make that boo boo once.

Yea, if you solo Big Ben "Don't Spill the Milk" - who needs an extra boss fight when all you are trying to do is get the hec out of Marleybone.

Survivor
Feb 04, 2010
i did this dungeon solo with 25lvl fire wiz
but am having problems after the dungeon cause quest sends me to meowiartys hideout and says location unknown and i cant go to big ben or counterweight east or west and watson says he will wait me in dungeon but i did it already