Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

first generation 48 vs 2nd or 3rd generation

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 04, 2012
Believe I understand about the level 48 pets being used to produce hybrids, but I was wondering about something and hope someone can help. (Sorry if it is long-winded.)

Let's say my goal is to hatch a Death Oni with a very good pedigree and high stats. I have my 48 level wraith, George, and I have a friend with a helephant (pedigree 53) who is willing to hatch with me. But George only has a pedigree of 53 and I really would like to have a Death Oni with a better pedigree than that.

So I decide to hatch George with a Sea Dragon (pedigree 72) and get a new wraith, Fred, who has a pedigree of 60 and the better stats to go with it. Ever the optimist, I then cross Fred with the Sea Dragon and again get a wraith, Sam ... this time with a pedigree of 65.

Now here's the question.

If I cross Sam (who basically is a 3rd generation wraith) with the helephant, will I be able to get a Death Oni with better pedigree? OR do I HAVE to use George in order to have any chance at all of producing the desired hybrid (Death Oni)?

Defender
Jun 14, 2010
Yes, you can use Sam - your 3rd gen 65 pet.

The game doesn't know the difference regarding what "generation" your pet is.
All it cares about is that both of your pets' forms are pure.

Even though your Wraith is 3rd gen, it is still considered a true wraith. It's not a hybrid.

So yes, Sam has the potential to produce your Oni.

Good luck!

Defender
Jun 14, 2010
Oh, one more thing.

Hybrid hatches can be a somewhat rare event, even when both parent can produce one.
Just keep trying and don't get discouraged. You'll get it eventually.

Good luck

Survivor
Mar 04, 2012