Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

a spell that can hurt your teamates

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 17, 2011
I want a spell that can do damage to your teammates because one of my teammates in mirror lake left me to die. I had about 500 health left and she healed one of her friends who had almost full health and not me.

Explorer
May 07, 2011
No. Just because someone didn't heal you doesn't mean you need to hurt them. Deal with it.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
I don't agree with this at all. Its your job to heal, you were given the choice to train saytr and you always have pixie.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
BlueHighwind wrote:
No. Just because someone didn't heal you doesn't mean you need to hurt them. Deal with it.

Agreed.

Survivor
Feb 15, 2010
May I ask WHAT use that spell would be if it were real? It would basically screw you up during battles. Let's have a little senario:

Let's say that two players are fighting a boss together.

Wizard #1: Hey, can you heal me? My health is really low and no healing spells are coming up.

Wizard #2: Okay, just a sec.

*Time passes and no healing spells come up for Wizard #2, and Wizard #1 eventually heals himself*

Wizard #1: Hey! I asked you to heal me! Jerk!

*uses "team hurting" spell and kills Wizard #2*

Wizard #1: I don't need you! I can beat this boss myself!

*Wizard #1 then gets overpowered and dies*

THE END

See what would happen? People get mad like that all the time, and if that spell was real, they would constantly use that when they are mad, and nobody would make ANY progress.

Courtney Starstone
Level 52
Grandmaster Theurgist

Explorer
May 02, 2011
Archon
Feb 07, 2011
xxPOWERjadeXX wrote:
I want a spell that can do damage to your teammates because one of my teammates in mirror lake left me to die. I had about 500 health left and she healed one of her friends who had almost full health and not me.

I like BlueHighwind's response, but I feel obligated to add to it.

In any group-combat situation, you are your own responsibility. It's never your teammates' job to heal you~ a lack of planning on your part doesn't constitute an emergency on mine, thank you very much.

(I, for one, am a Balance wizard, and do not like being spammed with "heal/shield/blade me" requests. I help people who are polite, but annoying me is the fastest way to get yourself defeated... so, if you like being a bobblehead, keep asking.)

The ability to hurt one's own teammates would would spell disaster, in the wrong hands. Look at that guy in Dragonspyre... if players went mad with power like that, it would ultimately ruin the game.

El Veeb
the Archmage of Awesomeness

Survivor
Sep 19, 2011
Jerks on unicorn way with the spell would start running into battle and start killing noobs. I will not stand for this!

Defender
Nov 21, 2010
So you want to start a new group of PK'ers?
I'm not sure if it's the right game to do so.

Defender
Jul 23, 2011
I don't know the exact scenario you were in, so I can only comment generally speaking. Yes, you were given healing spells to keep yourself alive in battle. You should always keep some in your deck. What happens if the other person dies, and you are alone until they can re-enter. Also, you can train pets to cast healing spells, which I have not accomplished yet. However, one of the main reasons I have been diligently been working my life wizard since my balance wiz maxed out, is that too many theurgists in the game don't seem to comprehend their main role. When I was working my balance wizard, I had more transcendent theurgists ask me for healing than I can even count on my fingers. I feel it is a bit selfish to only heal certain people and not others. However, if you were to cast a spell that hurt teammates, you would just die faster. How do you know they wouldn't have the spell also, and both cast it on you at the same time thus killing you and continuing to work without you.

Defender
Mar 10, 2012
azami104 wrote:
May I ask WHAT use that spell would be if it were real? It would basically screw you up during battles. Let's have a little senario:

Let's say that two players are fighting a boss together.

Wizard #1: Hey, can you heal me? My health is really low and no healing spells are coming up.

Wizard #2: Okay, just a sec.

*Time passes and no healing spells come up for Wizard #2, and Wizard #1 eventually heals himself*

Wizard #1: Hey! I asked you to heal me! Jerk!

*uses "team hurting" spell and kills Wizard #2*

Wizard #1: I don't need you! I can beat this boss myself!

*Wizard #1 then gets overpowered and dies*

THE END

See what would happen? People get mad like that all the time, and if that spell was real, they would constantly use that when they are mad, and nobody would make ANY progress.

Courtney Starstone
Level 52
Grandmaster Theurgist
Lol that cracked me up.