Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 7-20-12

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Another week down, and we're getting closer to being able to show you the latest awesomeness we've been working on lately! We're very excited! For now, however, we'll have to make do with a Feedback Friday as it's just not quite ready yet....

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

Let's talk Castles - which one is your favorite? What sold you on choosing this one to be your main abode? I have a fondness for the Fire House but our Artist and Designer Wizards have outdone themselves with the newest Tower of the Winter Winds...

Have a wonderful weekend, Wizards! ::grin::

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Explorer
Mar 25, 2009
my favorite house is definitely the Dragon's Fjord, because the outdoors is so well designed and very aesthetically pleasing! I also wanted to get it on my fire wizard since I was going to start Grizzleheim and Wintertusk soon! I can't wait to see what you've all been working on lately! (I've sadly had to take a break from wizard101 because of summer school, but I'm going back on soon!)

Mastermind
Oct 15, 2010
I really love the new Tower of the Winter Winds.
I also like the Ice and Myth houses.

I have the Ice, Dragon's Fjord, and Sultan's Palace.
Ice represents my school, and I love the snow. My favorite world is Wintertusk, and the Dragon's Fjord is closest to that, so I got it.

Edit: I forgot the Celestial Observatory! I'm not that great at crafting, so I don't have it. It's always been one of my goals though.

Survivor
Nov 24, 2010
I like the sultan place because it's awesome but I'm kinda sad that it doesn't a hidden place though :( :?

Explorer
Jan 20, 2010
Personally i love the Watchtower Hall...
it was fun to decorate, the scenery is beautiful without furniture, and it reminds me of home.
it was a not a big challenge to make, but it was fun to see the final result. with decorations in place, it turned out to be magical and my favorite home.
and i wish we get to see more crafted houses soon, and hopefully castle space elixirs with it... cause all houses are magical, and deserve a spot at my characters :)

short:
Watchtower Hall is my favorite
Would love to see more crafted houses
and HousingSpaceElixir in crown shop is my most wanted item

Defender
Sep 18, 2009
Each of my wizards has a different home. More than one actually. I don't have a single favorite. I like the large Marleybone house for the greenhouse. I like the Wysteria house for the layout and open feel. I like the Dragonspyre Fortress for the dragon that flies around it. I like the myth house, because who wouldn't want to live on the shoulder of a giant cyclops? I like the balance house for the 'secret underground base' feel of it. I like the serenity of the life house. I think the only gold priced house I have not bought was the death house. Just too dark, makes me feel like I have to squint at the screen not to get stuck on the corner of something I can't see. All the game card houses have been amazing so far. I have 3 of those and I really can't decide which I like best.

Survivor
Nov 08, 2010
Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
I really do like the new Tower of Winter Winds place, but it's not the one I own.

My house is the Massive Fantasy Palace that I got from a card at Gamestop. I bought it because I wanted a bigger house than either if the Wizard City ones were.

The size and it's gorgeous appearance are what sold me on it. I absolutely love standing on the special island and looking down at the castle. It's lovely. However I would like the ability to change the sky from day to night.

I was originally going to get a house from Marelybone because I loved the beautiful starry night sky. But the hosue itself was simply too small and bland on the inside. The outside almost had me sold, but the inside wasn't worth it.

So if I could change the time of day at my house, I could have the beautiful castle with a stunning night sky. Dream come true.

Survivor
May 28, 2009
i bought myth house but right afterwards the wisteria house came out i would say even though i dont own it my favorite would be the celestia beach house

Explorer
Jan 14, 2011
I own both the life house and the massive fantasy palace, but I always find myself in my old royal playhouse. The royal playhouse would have to be my favorite. It has plenty of room, there is a space for just about everything, the yard is simply beautiful, and the playhouse is an added bonus. It is a great house to just live in. (I leave my other houses for parties and hotels and stuff.) There is room for everything; a kitchen, a bedroom, a perfect little space for a study, not to mention little nooks for storing random stuff. Not to mention that the carpet glitch actually works in this house.

So anyways,
Peace, love, and rainbow pegasi,
Haley Fairygarden Level 48 Life

Explorer
Apr 17, 2011
my favorite castle is probaly with gold marlybone house and with crowns myth house but it would be really cool if ki created a moon sun and star house that would be so awesome it would also be cool if they invented a room divider with doors i hope it happens!!!
level 60 myth wizard adam battleblade

Survivor
Mar 21, 2009
My personal favorite is the winter winds of course. but if you guys made a house that was like ancient ruins that got restored to beauty, that would be AMAZING. and my favorite area in the enture game was dragonspyre past. It was so beautiful, colorful and the feeling of it was awesome. If there was a house like that, I would get it to matter what.

Survivor
Jul 22, 2009
Prof. Falmea,

My house (as Austin Waterstone) is the one based on The Floating Land. I forgot the name, sorry! My favorite feature is definitely the built in defense system...the giant boulder. Once I earn the gold, It will be decorated with as many garden gnomes and tikis as i can afford, enhancing the tropical theme.

"My wizard should evolve with a Waterstone, too!"
~Austin Waterstone

Survivor
May 14, 2009
I like the Sun Palace and the Tower of Winter Winds the best. I like the separate rooms. They are the most like an actual house.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
Hard choice. I like my life house a lot, but I also love the massive fantasy palace and the massive sun palace.

Delver
Feb 16, 2010
I love all the bundle castles. My biggest problem with the bundle castles is that I can't move them to another wizard or shared bank of have some way for KI to move them for me, even at a fee. That is $40 down the drain if I need to delete the wizard. As yes, there are reasons to delete a wizard that are not frivolous. At least with the crown shop housing, if I need to restart a wizard, I can work towards getting the gold for another house through my own efforts. For those in the Crown Shop, the Life House is my all time favorite, guess I'm a Life Wizard at heart. The new Wysteria castle is awesome as well.

Community Leader
Although I have so many castles my all time favorite is still the Watchtower Hall. I love the feel and atmosphere of the house. I like so many different castles for different reasons. Any castle with hidden areas and or interactive things within the castle are always a plus for me. Bundle large castles have so much to look at and do. I just wish we could have more item space to decorate them.

The newest house the Winter Wind Castle is fantastic! so much to look at and to do.

Survivor
Aug 18, 2010
The celestial observatory because it has the awesome private dueling circle and costs in game gold in contrast to the epic castle and sultan's palace

Explorer
Apr 17, 2011
Professor Falmea wrote:
Another week down, and we're getting closer to being able to show you the latest awesomeness we've been working on lately! We're very excited! For now, however, we'll have to make do with a Feedback Friday as it's just not quite ready yet....

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

Let's talk Castles - which one is your favorite? What sold you on choosing this one to be your main abode? I have a fondness for the Fire House but our Artist and Designer Wizards have outdone themselves with the newest Tower of the Winter Winds...

Have a wonderful weekend, Wizards! ::grin::

my favorite house is probaly the myth house i bought it because of the big area space for inside,the rainbow ouside,the teleport panals,and the view

Survivor
Oct 09, 2009
My favorite catle is the Tower Of Winter winds because i love medevil stuff and i study about that stuff,two and the decor on the house is amazing. I think they should have a underground house and a house in the trees if i was the designer.

Defender
Feb 26, 2012
I have had many houses my favorites are the balance house because the inside is so big, and my current home the villa garden( wysteria house). i like this house because of the big outside and big inside also bacause of the upstairs portian with the dome i made this a mooshu room XD

-John Dragoncatcher Lvl 78 Balance-

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Technically, the two Wizard City Houses Wooded Cottage & Royal Play House, are my favorites and the only reason I have any houses at all is for pets and gardens.

But I wish there was one I could love – they are after all – virtual doll houses and they are fun to try to fix up and fiddle with.

It’s just that every single one of the houses and castles, so far, have things I don’t like that really mess it up for me. But I keep trying :D

Between the two accounts I play - I have Life, Storm, Ice, Death, Dragons Fjord, Massive Fantasy Palace, Wizard City’s large & small houses, Marleybone’s large house and Moo Shu’s large & small houses. I wish there was a single perfect one though. I wish I could be aesthetically happy with one house that I could decorate, have my large gardens and keep my pets.

Item counts are a problem though and I do wish that if item counts preclude having 50-100 pets at one house + 31 pots +31 seeds + the likes + the landscaping items (like extra trees and fountains,) + interior furnishings and pets - that there were alternative houses. I’d like to buy just the yards to the ones already out, and use portals or have special Garden Houses, or special Pet Houses and I have a wish list for new character houses, too.

The new Tower of Winter Winds is beautiful …basically perfect, inside. But the exterior bothers me. And there are style and weirdness detractions for the houses that aren’t simply too small. (Like the Wooded Cottage & the Moo Shu houses are really nice but too small.) But, the skulls, dead gobblers, giant Cyclops statues, dragon claws everywhere and crazy wavy walls you can’t hang anything on ... are all too weird for me. Or the house is great like in Marleybone, but the yard isn’t – or vice versa – the yard is to die for, but the house – not so much… like the Storm & Life houses.

Professor Falmea, is there any chance the Staff would be open to a Feedback Friday for ideas on new Castles & Houses? *crosses fingers and wishes on star*

As always, thanks again for Feedback Friday ~ A

Survivor
Aug 07, 2009
I have lots of favorite houses, and its hard to choose. :-)
I am thinking of getting the Tower of Winter Winds, but my absolute favorites so far would be the Life house, Sun Palace, and Ice house. I love the Life house because it works for all my wizards, no matter what school they are! (surprisingly I am not life but I still love it )
I did have an idea that like the Ravenwood dorms that you can get into through Ravenwood as well as teleporting, there could be a small house that you can get into through the other worlds, like a small tent in the oasis camp that you can decorate, a warehouse in marleybone, a dojo thingy in mooshu, a tower in dragonspyre, an underwater cave in celestia, a cave or tent or maybe even tree in grizzelheim, one of those small zafarian houses in zafaria, and one of the houses in caer lyon in avalon. I was thinking you had to buy them for less gold or crowns than the bigger houses, maybe a fourth less because they are smaller, or they would come with a bundle, or they would be for free! :) You can use any of these ideas. I would not recommend all of them because I was thinking that it wouldnt take up a housing slot because the ravenwood dorms didnt. Feel free to use any ideas if you want to!:)

Survivor
Aug 07, 2009
GhostGirl14 wrote:
I really do like the new Tower of Winter Winds place, but it's not the one I own.

My house is the Massive Fantasy Palace that I got from a card at Gamestop. I bought it because I wanted a bigger house than either if the Wizard City ones were.

The size and it's gorgeous appearance are what sold me on it. I absolutely love standing on the special island and looking down at the castle. It's lovely. However I would like the ability to change the sky from day to night.

I was originally going to get a house from Marelybone because I loved the beautiful starry night sky. But the hosue itself was simply too small and bland on the inside. The outside almost had me sold, but the inside wasn't worth it.

So if I could change the time of day at my house, I could have the beautiful castle with a stunning night sky. Dream come true.

Great idea! maybe you could press x or something and then it could change from morning to afternoon to night!

Survivor
Aug 07, 2009
The only thing i hate about housing is that you can only place 250 items usually. outside, this is not a problem for me, but inside, i am quite miffed that two of my rooms in my sun palace are completely empty because my house is full, and i have stopped buying in the decoration section unless i have to because it takes up too much of the '250' limit. If there is only that many items that can be placed, the houses should be smaller!

Nice Ice Wizard