Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What are your best class strategies?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 10, 2012
Hey Everyone,

I am looking for a new wizard and i decided to make this post to maybe help myself and a few other members. :D Here are my top classes :

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Main : Ice
Secondary : Storm/Life (to satyr)

Reason : One of the things that ice lacks is fire power, no offense to thaumaturges because i actually love ice. Thats why i matched it up with storm and threw in a little healing power from life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Main : Balance
Secondary : Death

Reason : I really like this combo because as a balance wizard you get decent spells and a lot of added boosts like cannot be easily shielded(tower shield)
and its variety of shields, blades, and traps. I believe this works well with death because if you used all of those blades, traps, and shields along with feint and then Wraith i usually get around 3-4 thousand damage while filling all my health.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Those are my class ideas. don't be afraid to post yours because i would love to hear what everyone thinks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Garrett ThunderBlade - Legendary Thaumaturge/Diviner - Level 78
Dylan DragonBlade - Grandmaster Sorcerer/Necromancer - Level 60
Blake TitanBlade - Master Thaumaturge/Theurgist - Level 43

Survivor
Jun 26, 2009
I believe that Death and Life is a great combination, as you can heal quite easily and do some damage at the same time.

Survivor
Oct 12, 2009
Reason : One of the things that ice lacks is fire power, no offense to thaumaturges because i actually love ice. Thats why i matched it up with storm and threw in a little healing power from life.

Ice are should lack fire power because they are supposed to be the "tank" in the game, having higher defense and lower attack. To keep the creatures on you by taunts and protecting yourself and teammates with tower shield and legion shield.

As for the class idea thing, I am currently working on to do, which is.. Have your main wizard class Life then secondary Death with a Myth Blade. That way I can use every Spirit Blade and Spirit Trap.

One combo I have thought of was Main Ice and secondary Death, but I am not sure how viable that would be. Reason I think these two might work is while keeping the targets on you, you could heal up and do damage with the death cards.

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
Main: Storm
Secondary: Life, Myth
Reason: If you can train up to Satyr in Life then get a mastery amulet as a drop (yes, they can be dropped but they are rare drops.) you will be set for healing. Then train Myth because I find the two attacks to be useful on Myth shields and not to mention Myth is Storm enemies' boosts.

Main: Ice
Secondary: Balance
Reason: I have an Ice wizard and as of now, her spells are really paying off. Not to mention, if there is a Balance enemy I don't have to worry about him resisting the attacks I throw at him.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Rulz99 wrote:
I believe that Death and Life is a great combination, as you can heal quite easily and do some damage at the same time.

I disagree. Having Life as a secondary is a waste. You don't need pixies and sprites when your own spells heal you.
I would go with Ice or Fire. And have. :)

Survivor
Mar 10, 2010
RavenLady777 wrote:
Rulz99 wrote:

I disagree. Having Life as a secondary is a waste. You don't need pixies and sprites when your own spells heal you.
I would go with Ice or Fire. And have. :)

Actually it's not a waste, and he never said life needed to be the secondary.

In situations when you need to do damage to the enemy and are low on health yourself, you can use death spells to raise some health and hurt the enemies as well as some life spells to heal you and your teammates.

Survivor
Dec 25, 2011
I don't use any secondary school for combat. It takes too much time saving up the pips to use a four or six pip secondary school attack, like wraith or storm kracken, that it just isn't worth it. In that time I could easly have attacked twice, used a prism, or hit with a even stronger spell. The only time I would even consider using a secondary school for offensive is if I have a mastery amulet in that school or I am a novice wizard in which case it wouldn't matter. I only use secondary school to get satyr for healing and ice for the tower shield pluse the astral schools to boost my attacks.

Mastermind
Oct 15, 2010
I have experimented with schools, mastery amulets, and quite a few combinations. Surprisingly, I chose quite a few that are listed here.

---Ice/Storm---
I have mastery amulet. Ice is great at defense, and storm adds that extra little kick. It worked great for me in Zafaria. In Avalon I didn't have quite enough resist, so I used just Ice. I tried out a Wintertusk hat that gives Tempest, and it was awesome. The only problem is the only buffs you have for storm are traps and treasures.

---Life/Death---
I have mastery amulet. This didn't work as great as I expected. Since you learn no AoEs from Dworgyn/Malorn, it's hard to use for anything other than bosses. I use crafted Celestia gear that gives damage/crit for life and death. Death turned out to be great for multitasking. I also really liked Feint.

---Storm/Death---
No mastery amulet. This works, but it might be because I'm a magus in Marleybone. I blade up for tempest, then heal with Vampire, and then temp, killing off the enemies with almost full health. I use Dragonrider's gear, and crafted Marleybone gear that gives damage/acc for storm and death. I might try out another school.

---Myth/Life---
No mastery amulet. I am surprised at how well this works, with no mastery amulet. Sprite and Spirit Armor have saved my life on many occasions. I sprite when I have taken a little damage, plus my minion can keep attacking while I heal. I might also try out Ice or Fire, to go more on the defense or more on the offense.

~That's all the characters I have right now, I'm going to try balance, fire, and death. Not necessarily in that order :-)~

Explorer
Aug 01, 2009
Matron has secondary of myth, which I plan to change when I get crowns later on as it's the worst secondary I could have for the way I fight with him XD

My death has fire secondary, which I barely use other than to maybe place a DOT spell to kill off one enemy while I save and kill te other, or for those annoying fights when all the enemies seem to be death XD
I might train life up to sprite on him though just for the healing over time for when I just want to get some killing in there and not worry about health much XD