Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Thing I wish i knew earlier.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 18, 2012
I'll Start.

1. You can pass your pets between your Wizards with your shared chest. Same with Mounts.

2. It is NOT a good thing to throw every card you get into your deck. Actually, you want to run as small of a deck as possible, and swap cards for different encounters.

3. if your mana is full, you only have to get to the diamonds on potion motion to completely fill a bottle. It is actually quicker to get to a diamond, quite that game, and start a new one if you have more than one bottle to fill.

4. When you get the call to Grizzle, GO! Krokotopia will be much easier if you take the sidequest.

5. New gear comes in every 5 levels. If you can afford it, hit the AH and separate by usable / price.

6. Speaking of AH, ALWAYS sell your items there. The money is better. If you have an item that won't go on AH, then sell to a normal vendor.

Survivor
Nov 26, 2011
Same. Just about everything. Except for a long time I didn't know that shared bank was for characters of the same account and I tried to trade stuff with other people with shared bank and they said it wouldn't work. When I look back into the stuff I didn't know it makes me look stupid. I didn't know what pips were and how to use cards. Now I know.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
pathelas69 wrote:

3. if your mana is full, you only have to get to the diamonds on potion motion to completely fill a bottle. It is actually quicker to get to a diamond, quite that game, and start a new one if you have more than one bottle to fill.

I found that if I just got to Level 3, my potion bottle would refill.

Survivor
Jan 10, 2012
I didn't realize that you could discard cards in your current hand and get new ones. I didn't figure this out until I was like level 10

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
That critical only made the attack twice more powerful instead of ten times more powerful.

Survivor
Mar 18, 2012
Anybody figured out how to know which side will get first attack? Some critters I don't care, but knowing you have to sit through 3 crabman attacks in Celestia might make me wait for help.

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
1. That buying 50k crowns worth of Evil Magma Peas and Couch Potatoes would keep me in mega snacks for the rest of my wizarding career. Buying mega snacks is a waste of crowns, and feeding pets anything less than a mega snack makes training pets way too tedious.

2. That only one of my six wizards really needs to bother with the crafting quests. Then that wizard can craft all wanted items for all my other wizards.

3. That you can make your own treasure attack cards using colossal, gargantuan, strong, etc. Or Unstoppable etc. This is particularly important if you plan to play PvP.

Survivor
Jul 01, 2009
The number one thing I wish I knew:
Save training points for your secondary school. Don't spend them at every single trainer you find.
Because now I'm stuck without a secondary school :(

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
pathelas69 wrote:
2. It is NOT a good thing to throw every card you get into your deck. Actually, you want to run as small of a deck as possible, and swap cards for different encounters.

Since this is my first (and only) MMO, I never understood deck setup until it was far too late for my poor Balance wizard. In fact, I'd gotten my second wizard (Death) to Nastrond before some nice person gave me some tips on how to make my deck more efficient. She told me exactly what to put in my deck for each battle and why, to make sure I was keeping pace with the rest of the group.

So I took that strategy on the road with me, and it's worked for ALL of my wizards so far. As for that Death wizard, Val is happily questing in Zafaria now, and his standard mob-deck is only 4 cards; for bosses, I pack around 12, just to be safe. ;)

-

Some other things I wish I'd known earlier:

- it takes a very-specific personality to play a Balance wizard well, and I don't have it. But I'm glad I didn't delete mine when I wanted to~ she's now an archmage, and a little beast in PvE. ;)

-don't be afraid to embrace the art of treasure-card spamming, especially if you're a Balance wizard.

-don't waste training points on a secondary school; had I known that, I could have saved myself a lot of money. Spending 12,000 crowns to buy your training points back at level 80 was painful... and so, so preventable!

(I did the math, and that's 31 hoard packs! See, if I hadn't bought my points back, I might have gotten my blood raven by now... lol).

-don't PvP, if you're only doing it for the pretty trophy in the furniture-shop. Not only will you make yourself look bad, but you'll feel pretty stupid, too... I know I do, and I still don't have the trophy! Cue darkness, despair!

-the report feature is there for a reason! I used to be afraid of reporting, because of how vicious some of these kids are, but KI's intended use of that little, red button makes me a very happy wizard. ;)

Laura Shadowsong, archmage sorceress
Val Deathwhisper, transcendent necromancer

& the rest of the El Veeb army ;)

Defender
Mar 10, 2012
I wish i knew earlier that i cant talk to npc

Connor Golden flame, anti Wcp member

Survivor
Mar 13, 2011
I was so silly when I first started playing the game

- Crafting quests are awesome! They give you xp and gold as well as badges.
- Side quests are amazing too! :D I could buy better gear and train my spells much earlier than I used to. People! Seriously! Side quests!
- Pets that gives you no cards aren't worthy They just look cute and nothing more!

I am glad I found out about all these soon enough!