Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Shared Bank...

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 18, 2009
Professors,
Can someone explain the Shared Bank to me a bit better please? I have a subscription account and a non-subscription account for my son. Is this not considered a shared account? I made his account under mine. If it is a shared account, why is it the items that I have put in my shared bank in the dorms not showing up in his shared bank in his dorms?

Is there somewhere to get more information on how all of this is done and works? I read what was in the bogus "Guide Book" but that doesn't tell me anything other than to put it in the Shared bank. Been there, done that, nothing in his account. I'm obviously missing something or doing something wrong.

Please help!!!!

Hunter SilverHeart

Administrator
Players can now share most items between characters on their own account. Simply go to your Bank in your Dorm room and you will see a new tab for the Shared Bank.

This only allows players to exchange items between characters on their account, and not between characters on two different accounts.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Defender
Feb 18, 2009
OKaaaayyyy, so again I ask, is there MORE information on this matter somewhere? I have two accounts under my subscription account. One is a subscription and the other is not. Is this why they are not working under the Shared Banks? Or did I set up my son's account (non-subscriber) incorrectly somehow?

Please help,

Hunter SilverHeart

Just FYI on this whole matter, if I go and try to add another account, the second account for my son that I have been talking about is listed as a "Sub-account"

Administrator
They are two separate accounts, with two separate usernames and logins, therefore you cannot trade between them. The Shared Bank is only to share between characters on your own account.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Defender
Feb 18, 2009
So how do I make a shared account? I have him under my name in the "My Accounts" section, so I did something wrong obviously. How does one make other accounts under the same login?

Thanks for the help so far,

Hunter SilverHeart

Administrator
Hello again Hunter,

Your accounts are linked together on the website in a Family Plan only for billing purposes and to give you parental controls on his account.

Each game login (meaning the name and password you type into the Wizard101 game application) is its own separate account. You log in to your account, and he logs in to his, both with different usernames and passwords. This is the only way you can both play together at the same time.

The sharing doesn't occur between accounts, only between characters on one account. You can have up to 6 characters on your account and he can have up to 6 characters on his account. Your Shared Bank allows you to trade items between your 6 characters. His Shared Bank allows him to trade items between his 6 characters. He cannot trade items to you, and vice versa.

The only items we allow to be traded between accounts are Treasure Cards.

I can understand your confusion, but I hope this helps.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Defender
Feb 18, 2009
Professor,
I do appreciate what you have told me so far but I am still not understanding how I make more accounts/characters (as your calling them). You say I can have six characters to an account? How is this done? I am unable to figure this tid bit out and I don't see any message board or guide book guidelines to help me here.

Can you please explain a bit further for me?

Thanks for all the help so far,

Hunter SilverHeart

Administrator
When you log in to Wizard101 and you see your Wizard standing there, you have buttons at the bottom of the screen. You press Play to continue into the world.

Exit allows you to Exit Wizard101.
Options brings up your Options just like in the game. (sound, resolution etc)
Play takes you into the World of Wizard101 with the character you have standing up.
Delete allows you to delete the character you have selected.
New allows you to create a new Wizard on that account - and you can have up to six at a time. You will see them sitting at the desks to either side, to select them, click on them and they will stand up and appear at the front of the classroom. The character standing when you press play, will be the character you enter the world with.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Defender
Feb 18, 2009
Professor,
Thank you so very much for clearing this up for me. I have always been afraid of clicking the "New" because I was afraid of it erasing my current character. I appreciate it so much that you cleared this up for me, your the best!!!

Have a great day,

Hunter SilverHeart

Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
I have wondered about this. I have items that say 'No Trade' but could never figure how how/why to trade other items. Boy, I really wish I would have known about the shared account before I spent more crowns on items for my second character! I will be sure to tell my friends about this so they can take advantage of it.

Thanks for the information, very helpful!

Destiny Stormcloud
Level 38 / Life

Survivor
Mar 14, 2009
I think this should be explained in more detail when you log in or something.

I really wish I would have figured this out before I paid for another account.

Defender
Feb 18, 2009
Hi All,
I just wanted to give an update to share that the down side about making other characters on one account is that you can NOT log in on a different character under that same account. I made a second character for my son to play but unless we get another account, him and I can not play at the same time.

Just thought I'd share.....

Hunter SilverHeart

Survivor
Aug 29, 2008
Gamma wrote:
Hello again Hunter,

Your accounts are linked together on the website in a Family Plan only for billing purposes and to give you parental controls on his account.

Each game login (meaning the name and password you type into the Wizard101 game application) is its own separate account. You log in to your account, and he logs in to his, both with different usernames and passwords. This is the only way you can both play together at the same time.

The sharing doesn't occur between accounts, only between characters on one account. You can have up to 6 characters on your account and he can have up to 6 characters on his account. Your Shared Bank allows you to trade items between your 6 characters. His Shared Bank allows him to trade items between his 6 characters. He cannot trade items to you, and vice versa.

The only items we allow to be traded between accounts are Treasure Cards.

I can understand your confusion, but I hope this helps.

excuse me? are you saying we can change treasure cards between players?
just plz clear this up

Administrator
Trading (from our Players Guide) http://www.wizard101.com/guide

To trade treasure cards with a friend, first off make sure that you are standing very close to your trading partner. Then open your Friends List and search for the person with whom you want to trade. Click on that person and then click on trade.

A screen will open (like the one above) that allows you to place whichever cards you want to from your section called ‘My Stuff’. When you click on one of your cards in ‘My Stuff’ it is transferred over to the left side of the screen. Once you and your friend agree on the trade, click Trade and the cards will automatically be transferred to the other player.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Explorer
Jul 05, 2008
I really think the whole point of having more that one character on your own account is to be ableto share house and boss drops. Not all are tradeable. But it is so niceto be able to share a storm clothing drop that my balance wizard got with my storm character. Also all the housing items I missed can be shared from quests from a newer character.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
Gamma,

Could you please explain the details of trading cards during a battle? I am very confused by this. I have traded cards during a battle but cant add the to my deck until after the battle.

Thank you

Firefly

Survivor
Aug 29, 2008
Gamma wrote:
Trading (from our Players Guide) http://www.wizard101.com/guide

To trade treasure cards with a friend, first off make sure that you are standing very close to your trading partner. Then open your Friends List and search for the person with whom you want to trade. Click on that person and then click on trade.

A screen will open (like the one above) that allows you to place whichever cards you want to from your section called ‘My Stuff’. When you click on one of your cards in ‘My Stuff’ it is transferred over to the left side of the screen. Once you and your friend agree on the trade, click Trade and the cards will automatically be transferred to the other player.

right gamma, i forgot, sometimes i forget, and i remembered like the next day.