Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Vault of ice. 2 or 3 trips to complete

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 18, 2012
Ok, I have gotten quests to do Vault of ice on 3 different toons. However, even on my 3rd toon, knowing what I am doing, I still have to run it twice. is there an order to do the quests where you only have to clear it one time for all 3 quests that take you in there?

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
pathelas69 wrote:
Ok, I have gotten quests to do Vault of ice on 3 different toons. However, even on my 3rd toon, knowing what I am doing, I still have to run it twice. is there an order to do the quests where you only have to clear it one time for all 3 quests that take you in there?

Not sure why you're going in there 3 times. I only recall 2 instances... the quest itself and the rubbings for Z'ane.
Planning that is simple. As soon as you gain access to the Krokosphinx, go see Z'ane in the Oasis. You will get the quest for the scroll, book of fang, and rubbings in the Vault of Ice. Complete the quest, and don't forget to get the rubbings in the bosses 'room.' Done.
Like I said, I have no idea what the third instance where you need to go in there is. This will at least cut out one. :)

Defender
May 24, 2012
I was just talking about this myself because the second time in there for me (with this wizard that is) was confusing even though it's my 5th wizard going through. After Shalek tells you to collect soul dust from the guardians, as soon as you go through the door your quest arrow switches to the earlier quest where you collect the fangs. Even when I tried to switch the arrow to the dust quest it was still trying to get me to duel and solve puzzles. I finally went back out, talked to Shalek, came back in, did NOT talk to Shalek, and made sure my arrow was on the dust quest. Yes you have to go in there a couple times. Just make sure which mission you're on.

Survivor
Jun 09, 2012
I have a question. I have a quest in Vault of Ice but I cant get into there. I dont think I am a high enough level. I am level 20. Any suggestions ?

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
AmandaaaxD wrote:
I have a question. I have a quest in Vault of Ice but I cant get into there. I dont think I am a high enough level. I am level 20. Any suggestions ?

It sounds like you have the side quest to "get a rubbing from the obelisk in the Vault of Ice".

This happens a lot in the game. You get a quest to go to an area where you don't have access yet. You need to continue to do your other quests and follow the main storyline. Eventually, you will be led to Shalek the Wise in the Entrance Hall and he will give you a quest to enter the Vault of Ice. Then you can do both quests at the same time.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
pathelas69 wrote:

I have never been able to combine them either, I always end up with going in there twice. The first time as a regular quest which I think I can get the rubbings then and the second for the soul dust which I guess does remove the last fight anyway.

Survivor
Aug 06, 2011
hi, i am victoria soulhunter. i have been in and out of the vault of ice seven times and still don't know what to do! i get through the first bosses and defeat the third boss and get stuck. the one with the four oblisks. the one with the sun, the moon, the snake, and the other one.
please help!!

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
valtoria wrote:
hi, i am victoria soulhunter. i have been in and out of the vault of ice seven times and still don't know what to do! i get through the first bosses and defeat the third boss and get stuck. the one with the four oblisks. the one with the sun, the moon, the snake, and the other one.
please help!!

I can not tell you how many do not get though this instance because the directions are really not clear. I go in with menu chat and they end up stuck at the first door and eventually leave before I can fight all three areas.

When you enter the first time you talk to Shalek, then you go to the right past the door with the book, in effect you follow the right wall all the way around until you have battled the 3 Fangs. After each fight there is a puzzle to solve and you will hear a lock open. As for the Oblisk one - are you lighting them in order of how they are on the wall - left to right?

When you enter for the second time, for the dust quest, you by past Shalek and just follow the right wall and fight the 3 fangs, you do not have to solve the puzzle at this time if you already did the rubbings quest from Zan-ne the first time though.

Defender
May 24, 2012
Having been through there a couple times already I knew that getting rubbings for Za'ne would have to wait because the Vault is locked at that point. I usually just wait until I have the quest to get the fangs. Once I talk to Shalek, I go look at the book in front of the door with the locks. It tells me I will have to also solve puzzles on top of fighting. Then I go to the far end toward the left and work my way back. After you solve the puzzle in each instance it says on your screen that "you hear a lock open". After 3 death girls and 3 puzzles all the locks on the 4th chamber door should be open. To in there, defeat.....(can't remember)....get your rubbings...........2 quests complete.