Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How to craft spells and clothes

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jan 13, 2010
I know this is a VERY silly question, but how do you craft CLOTHES and SPELLS. Who do you get the recipe's from. Plz tell me.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
aditha12 wrote:
I know this is a VERY silly question, but how do you craft CLOTHES and SPELLS. Who do you get the recipe's from. Plz tell me.

People all over the spiral give recipes. You craft it by going to a crafting station (the appropriate one) with the right amount of reagents and hit "Craft"

Mastermind
Oct 15, 2010
Spells are in the Wyrd/ Shirataki Temple.

Clothes are in every world except Avalon (correct me if I'm wrong)

Defender
Nov 21, 2010
First start your crafting profession by talking to NPC lady at Old town.
You should make many crafting quests in order to be able craft items that worth the effort. In my opinion it at least grandmaster artisan for Wintertusk gear. If you low lvl you going to straggle a lot for nothing. I suggest meanwhile collect random regents in your way. The more worlds you unlock the faster money will come and one day you will be able to finish those crafting quests very fast.
To craft spells you need to be the highest rank crafting - Legendary Artisan and having access to Avalon -> The Wyrd you need to finish a quest to speak with spell vendor.
Consider that crafting spells is much harder than getting all the crafting ranks.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
There are many different recipe vendors throughout the Spiral. Some are in plain sight, others are hidden a bit throughout a particular world.

Some of the recipe vendors will allow you to buy recipes for houses, furniture, spells, transmutes, etc, while others are school-specific for clothes and other gear.

To be able to craft goodies from different worlds, you will need to earn crafting badges. Each world has a person you need to talk to. Your first one will be in Olde Town, down the steps, near a small bridge on the left side of Olde Town (I forgot what her name is). Next to the crafting badge vendors, are reagent sellers. You can purchase some of the basic reagents needed for your crafting badges. You can also purchase reagents in the Bazaar (some sell out fast, though).

You must also have a crafting table. In the beginning, you will have a Basic Crafting table that you can put in your Dorm or Home. As you advance your crafting to earn badges, you will need to purchase other crafting tables. The simplest vendor to find these is in Krokotopia, near where the Balance school is. It's the furniture vendor. You will be able to purchase a Card, Housing, and Clothing crafting table there.

Be sure to pick up every reagent you find throughout the Spiral. Mistwood, stone blocks, red mandrake, black lotus, etc, are essential for crafting.

I hope this helps!

Delver
Jan 13, 2010
I finished the crafting thingy in olde town. So how come i didnt get the next quest. But i did get craft the tea set in celestia.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
You will have to make a stop in Marleybone and talk to the crafting vendor there to get your next craft challenge. Once done there, then you head to Mooshu, then Dragonspyre.

The tea set in Celestia is a separate quest that doesn't go towards your crafting badge.

Defender
Nov 21, 2010
aditha12 wrote:
I finished the crafting thingy in olde town. So how come i didnt get the next quest. But i did get craft the tea set in celestia.

You will get the tea set quest when you reach specific lvl no matter what is your crafting rank.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
vaneairdbe wrote:
Spells are in the Wyrd/ Shirataki Temple.

Clothes are in every world except Avalon (correct me if I'm wrong)

Spells are in the Wyrd (Dun Scaith) and NOT shirataki temple. The recipe vendor is in the the Jade Palace, the crafting quest sheep dude. Maybe you got mixed up ith 2 of the spells being DROPPED in shirataki temple.

The clothes are available in Avalon. The leprechaun in the wild and the silversmith in dun dara give recipes for the clothes. :)