Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

ice resist to fire and storm

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 02, 2010
Yes I believe it is fair that ice gains more resist but, in theory of the history of the schools fire beats ice, ice beats storm, storm beats fire. Thus asking why ice gains more fire resist. This created an unbalance under that theory. Now ice can be fully immune to both fire and storm which basically broke that law. There is definitely something that need to be changed for fire since that fire generally beats ice, not saying the pvp player skill type, but the school history. But if you are an ice and you disagree, try being a storm or fire and fight an ice and tell me if it seems totally fair when it says 0 damage immune to you.

Survivor
Jun 30, 2009
I agree with you on the ice gets too much resist for fire and storm, but storm is not supposed to be effective on ice, and ice is not supposed to be effective on storm.

Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
footballplayer51 wrote:
Yes I believe it is fair that ice gains more resist but, in theory of the history of the schools fire beats ice, ice beats storm, storm beats fire. Thus asking why ice gains more fire resist. This created an unbalance under that theory. Now ice can be fully immune to both fire and storm which basically broke that law. There is definitely something that need to be changed for fire since that fire generally beats ice, not saying the pvp player skill type, but the school history. But if you are an ice and you disagree, try being a storm or fire and fight an ice and tell me if it seems totally fair when it says 0 damage immune to you.

This theory is true, in PVE. However, when you step into the arena, you dont see a life using centaur on a death, and the death boosts the damage done. Also, ice attacks boost on fire monsters just like fire attacks do on ice monsters.

Mastermind
Oct 15, 2010
Survivor
May 11, 2010
I fully agree with you. ice should get AT THE MOST 70% resistance. if ice resistance gets higher they will be all but immortal.

Defender
Dec 18, 2008
Seriously, everyone needs to just stop complaining on these PvP "issues" Ice gets more and more recognition as a tank school by Kingsisle, they just keep building their resist and utility spells to better serve their tank purpose. The only bad thing about this is, the new gear is intended to serve well with Avalon and above by giving resist to the power schools that there seem to be many of in Avalon, yet people see this gear and think: "I could really exploit what Kingsisle is giving us here to help us along our quests, just to get people mad and complain on the PvP boards on the Wizard101 website." I'm not trying to get you to change your opinions, rather just give you a new perspective on these issues that you feel the need to complain about and try to get things ruined.