Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Amber

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 09, 2012
I just harvested 13 White Tiger Lillies to elder, and not even a hint of Amber appeared.

Very frustrating.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Try king parsley, since they are the only ones that reseed after elder and even reseed during mature :P

Sorry about your unfortunate luck though. That must of been a a real bummer.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Sneakm wrote:
I just harvested 13 White Tiger Lillies to elder, and not even a hint of Amber appeared.

Very frustrating.

These crafting quests are meant so only a select few can actually achieve them - apparently you are going to be one of us.

On another note Wizard101 is currently geared totally toward "chance to get", if you want things you can actually get you need to lower your sights quite a bit, aka don't craft any thing past Celestia.

Many seem to be very devoted to the challenge of these high level craft quests so KI will not be making any of the ingredients easier for the general wizard community. Some of us really have to decide at some time things are above our reach - these craft quests are it for me.

Survivor
Apr 23, 2011
I just harvested 41 King Parsley plants on two separate plots. For the time, effort, and cost of energy I received a single amber. I understand the desire to make some reagents harder to get than others, but at a 2.5% chance, I'm not sure I want to spend any more time on this. I had hoped to craft the Deer Knight spell before completing Avalon so I could enjoy it in my remaining battles, but now I have to wonder if it's worth the effort.

Survivor
Sep 17, 2011
Sneakm wrote:

Very frustrating.

Yea,

Sorry about your unfortunate mishap. Try searching the Bazaar? They have some...stuff...up for auction. Hope I helped. 8)

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
I now have KPs growing on two wizards, and I am still at a grand total of 1 amber, with about 40 elder harvests.
As an aside, the chances for a seed dropping at mature harvest seems to be running below 5% and farming for seeds has gotten me a grand total of 1 kp dropped over the last 30 or so fights with the guy in the dragonspyre 1933 vault.
I chose KPs due to them reseeding and even dropping seeds at elder.
If the drop rate for amber truly is 2.5% that would mean roughly 480 elder harvests for the 12 amber required for a single spell. If 1 wizard grows 32 KPs, that would equate to 15 elder harvests or about 30 weeks of gardening nothing but king parsley at 2 weeks a harvest or 25 weeks at 1.7 weeks per elder harvest.
So we are looking at half a year at best to craft 1 spell?
I wish I was a better gardener than mathematician.
pods

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
sabah2002 wrote:
Sneakm wrote:

Very frustrating.

Yea,

Sorry about your unfortunate mishap. Try searching the Bazaar? They have some...stuff...up for auction. Hope I helped. 8)

Amber is No Auction, meaning that it can't be bought anywhere in the Spiral. The only way to get it is from gardening or transmutes.