Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Way Of Deleting Your Wizard

AuthorMessage
Defender
Apr 19, 2010
Hello Wizards!

I think if you plan on deleting your wizard, you should have more privacy when doing so. Instead of typing abracadarba, why don't you type in your password for your account? Just in case someone does try to delete your wizard why you are afk or something like that. Just a idea that KI really should look into.

David Darkflame Level 80 Fire

Delver
Sep 20, 2009
KN1GHT69 wrote:
Hello Wizards!

I think if you plan on deleting your wizard, you should have more privacy when doing so. Instead of typing abracadarba, why don't you type in your password for your account? Just in case someone does try to delete your wizard why you are afk or something like that. Just a idea that KI really should look into.

In order for someone to delete you wizard/witch, they would need to get into your account, which requires a password. So this doesn't really help at all. The hacker already has your password to get into your account, so he/she just needs to type in your password that he/she already knows and delete all your wizards/witches.

Explorer
Jan 14, 2011
Hmm. I agree with this. I know that somebody here on the forum, their wizard was deleted by a sibling. If you had to type in your password to delete a wizard, problems like that could be, well, deleted.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Explorer
Jun 23, 2011
Mastermind
Oct 15, 2010
DouDou123 wrote:

In order for someone to delete you wizard/witch, they would need to get into your account, which requires a password. So this doesn't really help at all. The hacker already has your password to get into your account, so he/she just needs to type in your password that he/she already knows and delete all your wizards/witches.

Yes that is correct, but say you left wizard101 up at the library by accident, and your "enemy" comes up and deletes your characters. It protects from that. Also, if your password is on the clipboard so you can just Ctrl+V to log on, you can't do that in game (if they use your computer -_-)

Defender
Jul 27, 2009
I agree my brother almost deleted my wizard once my strongest one, he didn't though i stopped him before he typed abracadabra but that should be like that.

Defender
May 17, 2011
I thgink thatrs a great idea, but instead it should be a question that only you know the answer too. like those get-your-password back questions. "What was the name of your first pet".

Great idea!

Survivor
Dec 10, 2008
Maybe you can set a separate password that's allows deletion instead of your account password that has to be very strong

Defender
Apr 24, 2009
DouDou123 wrote:
KN1GHT69 wrote:
Hello Wizards!

I think they mean that if he/she is already online, no one can just get on the computer an delete their wizard.

Explorer
May 10, 2009
Defender
Mar 10, 2012
DouDou123 wrote:
KN1GHT69 wrote:
Hello Wizards!

Good point, this made think of another idea. Instead of putting your password to delete your character, why not your parent controls password?

Survivor
Mar 10, 2010
It'd be better if instead of your password, that you create a new code for it, or maybe a security question. (IF it gets to a high level maybe even an e-mail comfirmation)