Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

are amulets worth fighting for?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jan 07, 2009
I don't think they are as long as the card shown to be part of the amulet has 0 cards. What is the point?

Some of my older amulets used to have 3 cards are now 2 cards, so what gives??

Administrator
Amulets that show zero cards are just a bug, and they will be updated soon to reflect the proper number of cards.

Hang on to them!

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Defender
Jan 07, 2009
After a week of no updates on this I'm going to call it a day.
I spent over a week killing spiders, get the amulet that shows 0 cards, now either it gets fix (which I don't think it will ever) or take the card off the amulet. Either way would be fine, but don't leave it the way it is.

Administrator
This will happen, patience young Wizard.

Log in to the Test Realm and check the amulet there, if it still states 0 cards, click the Bug Report button and resubmit the bug.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Defender
Jan 07, 2009
Gamma wrote:

Log in to the Test Realm and check the amulet there, if it still states 0 cards, click the Bug Report button and resubmit the bug.

Oh sure, now your making the good spells for the schools only so they are not worth fighting for when I already have the spell in my deck. Not a smart move.

Survivor
Jul 15, 2008
Whiterose2 wrote:
Gamma wrote:

Oh sure, now your making the good spells for the schools only so they are not worth fighting for when I already have the spell in my deck. Not a smart move.

Amulet spells are mostly blue bordered, meaning they're more powerful than regular spells that we put in our decks. Certainly worth the wait.

On that note. Mr. Gamma I have aquired an amulet, I think it's called talisman of disorder, where it gives a reshuffle card with 3pips to cast. The problem is, even if it says that it gives 1 card. When I equip the amulet, and the reshuffle spell appears on my deck, it doesn't show up in battle. I've tested this by going to unicorn way and equipping nothing but this amulet and a spell to finish off the ghost. And it's only the finishing spell that appears when the battle starts. Thanks for all the help you can give.

Explorer
Nov 26, 2008
Whiterose2 wrote:
Gamma wrote:

i have to agree there, what is the point of making them school only if you already get the card from your school?, arnt the amulets suposed to be so you get cards you otherways cant? ( personally id like to see more i really want wraith or feint but the wraith amulet is school only for some reason and there isnt one for feint ) maybe you should change the current amulets that are dropping now with other ones that drop good or better spells that everyone can use

Survivor
Apr 15, 2009

On that note. Mr. Gamma I have aquired an amulet, I think it's called talisman of disorder, where it gives a reshuffle card with 3pips to cast. The problem is, even if it says that it gives 1 card. When I equip the amulet, and the reshuffle spell appears on my deck, it doesn't show up in battle. I've tested this by going to unicorn way and equipping nothing but this amulet and a spell to finish off the ghost. And it's only the finishing spell that appears when the battle starts. Thanks for all the help you can give.

It appears in your 'treasure card' pile. Just use the draw button as you would for a treasure card, and it will show up.

Defender
Jan 07, 2009
bettermixmaster wrote:
Whiterose2 wrote:
Gamma wrote:

i have to agree there, what is the point of making them school only if you already get the card from your school?, arnt the amulets suposed to be so you get cards you other ways cant? ( personally id like to see more i really want wraith or feint but the wraith amulet is school only for some reason and there isnt one for feint ) maybe you should change the current amulets that are dropping now with other ones that drop good or better spells that everyone can use

When I walk around seeing all these wonderful amulets I think, how come no one tells me about them? why? How can a death school person use a ice school amulet? Why can't I get cool amulets like this? they expect us to farm each guy till it drops? The last time I came upon kids farming they were rude and TOLD me to "get the heck outta THEIR fight" since when are fights just for one small group? This school only thing is only going to make farming worse, and if you don't have a friend online to help you most won't let you join in while they are farming. The way it is set up PROMOTES this behavior. Why not fix that? or let me trade the school only for the school I am a member of.

Survivor
Jan 24, 2009
I agree also, the point of amulets is to get a spell that you wouldn't normally get, so why make some a school only. Please turn it off!

Defender
Jan 07, 2009
I'll answer my own question now that I have a life girl, it's pointless to give it to life only when they have the spell. It is insulting to the rest of us that got it BEFORE some pencil pusher decided to make it school only. The rest of my girls have heal spells they got from the start of thier character, but to go help someone that is about to die, you can't because it's life only and you happen to be logged in as another character. Just plain not fair!