Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ideas for rank 10 spells

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 10, 2009
I know that KI probably has their own ideas and most likely are developing the rank 10 spells as we speak.
But I would like to introduce my ideas for the rank 10 spells and my reasoning behind each one.
*NOTE*: I will not be saying the amount of damage for each spell because I am at no liberty to try and deuce how much damage should be done by the spell.

ICE: Yeti
This is slightly intruding on Life's Forest lord, but hey....probably the most notable figure in the world of ice is Mr. Abominable Snowman. We could have a mountain with a cave with the yeti coming out and wrecking the enemy with a giant snowball or his fists. Seeing as wooly mammoth was a hard hitting spell with a stun and snow angel was an attack all DoT, Yeti could be an attack all regular attack with an additional effect (left open for debate).

Life: Fountain of Youth
Let's face the facts that life was meant to be a healer and a support school. Yes they were given forest lord and yes they were given the evil gnome of doom. But Life is in need of a new healing spell. Considering that Dyrad is probably the best single target healing spell that life has, a heal all spell would do the trick, something that would heal more than Bartleby. FoY would do a party wide heal with the addition of placing Guidance on each of it's recipients.

Balance: Pharoah
What is the school of the desert without paying tribute to their pharoah? This spell would be a single target balance damage attack that would do an additional effect (just so that people had a reason to use it other than spam judgement). An idea for the additional effect would be either weakness like power nova or maybe a black mantle on the target.

Death: Werewolf or Zombies
Death is responsible over almost all terrifying creatures of the night. They have ghostly apparitions and they have creatures like skeletons and vampires. 2 terrifying creatures have not been used yet: Werewolves and Zombies. The reason I came up with 2 for Death is because there might be a debate on what Death needs more. On one hand, there is the zombies, a spell that would summon a swarm of zombies to attack all targets (giving life back to the caster is a debatable issue). The reason for this spell is that Death has only one attack all spell, which is scarecrow, and frankly, its damage is terrible.
The other spell idea is Werewolf, a single target non life giving spell. Death has not had a regular single attack target spell since Skeletel pirate, one that can benefit fully from colossal and amplify.

Myth: Griffin (open to other ideas...i'm having difficulty finding another mythical creature not being used by another school.
Whatever this spell turns out to symbolize, the effect of the spell should stay the same regardless; Myth needs an attack all. Myth does have Earthquake, which proves to be very annoying in the arena but it is weak. The myth spell could have no effect (no more stuns for now please) and it would be a very useful spell since all myth has is its single target spells and its minions.

Storm: Killer Whale
A single target spell since storm just got sirens, Killer Whale could do a single target strike that does slightly more damage than Leviathan with an additional effect to combat the double destroy charm that Leviathan boasts (open to debate).

Fire: Fire Demon
Open for debate if its not "kid friendly", (we'll just ignore heck hound and 'Hel'iphant i guess?).
This could be a single target spell with either no additional effect or a steal charm effect. If no effect, boosts its damage slightly more. This would put it in competition for use instead of Efferet.

Again, these are my ideas about what I think each school needs (I have a 60+ of every school so I am only stating the needs that I have been seeing while both leveling up and at level 80). Every school spell is open to discussion (feel free to criticize!). Maybe we can get KI to get a look at this?

Delver
Sep 20, 2009
I know that KI probably has their own ideas and most likely are developing the rank 10 spells as we speak.
But I would like to introduce my ideas for the rank 10 spells and my reasoning behind each one.
*NOTE*: I will not be saying the amount of damage for each spell because I am at no liberty to try and deuce how much damage should be done by the spell.

ICE: Yeti
This is slightly intruding on Life's Forest lord, but hey....probably the most notable figure in the world of ice is Mr. Abominable Snowman. We could have a mountain with a cave with the yeti coming out and wrecking the enemy with a giant snowball or his fists. Seeing as wooly mammoth was a hard hitting spell with a stun and snow angel was an attack all DoT, Yeti could be an attack all regular attack with an additional effect (left open for debate).

The idea is sorta unoriginal but okay. And this is sorta like a repeat of Forest Lord and Storm Lord too. And if you want opinions on your spells, you have to put the effects and damage.

Life: Fountain of Youth
Let's face the facts that life was meant to be a healer and a support school. Yes they were given forest lord and yes they were given the evil gnome of doom. But Life is in need of a new healing spell. Considering that Dyrad is probably the best single target healing spell that life has, a heal all spell would do the trick, something that would heal more than Bartleby. FoY would do a party wide heal with the addition of placing Guidance on each of it's recipients.

Life isn't a support school, and they weren't meant to be one. The idea is unoriginal, and you don't have the heal amount.

Balance: Pharoah
What is the school of the desert without paying tribute to their pharoah? This spell would be a single target balance damage attack that would do an additional effect (just so that people had a reason to use it other than spam judgement). An idea for the additional effect would be either weakness like power nova or maybe a black mantle on the target.

Balance isn't the school of desert, we are based on Egypt. You still don't have a damage amount.

Death: Werewolf or Zombies
Death is responsible over almost all terrifying creatures of the night. They have ghostly apparitions and they have creatures like skeletons and vampires. 2 terrifying creatures have not been used yet: Werewolves and Zombies. The reason I came up with 2 for Death is because there might be a debate on what Death needs more. On one hand, there is the zombies, a spell that would summon a swarm of zombies to attack all targets (giving life back to the caster is a debatable issue). The reason for this spell is that Death has only one attack all spell, which is scarecrow, and frankly, its damage is terrible.
The other spell idea is Werewolf, a single target non life giving spell. Death has not had a regular single attack target spell since Skeletel pirate, one that can benefit fully from colossal and amplify.

Zombies are sorta like Ghouls, so that's out of the picture, and werewolf would be good.....if you placed a damage amount.

Myth: Griffin (open to other ideas...i'm having difficulty finding another mythical creature not being used by another school.
Whatever this spell turns out to symbolize, the effect of the spell should stay the same regardless; Myth needs an attack all. Myth does have Earthquake, which proves to be very annoying in the arena but it is weak. The myth spell could have no effect (no more stuns for now please) and it would be a very useful spell since all myth has is its single target spells and its minions.

This is a good idea, but you still need a damage.

Storm: Killer Whale
A single target spell since storm just got sirens, Killer Whale could do a single target strike that does slightly more damage than Leviathan with an additional effect to combat the double destroy charm that Leviathan boasts (open to debate).

The idea is plain. Damage??????

Fire: Fire Demon
Open for debate if its not "kid friendly", (we'll just ignore heck hound and 'Hel'iphant i guess?).
This could be a single target spell with either no additional effect or a steal charm effect. If no effect, boosts its damage slightly more. This would put it in competition for use instead of Efferet.

Its not that its not kid friendly, since this is a 10+ age game, but the idea is too plain. And Heliphant isn't meant to present the word hell in any way. And heck hound isn't anything bad either, what? Do you actually think heck is a swear? Psh.

Again, these are my ideas about what I think each school needs (I have a 60+ of every school so I am only stating the needs that I have been seeing while both leveling up and at level 80). Every school spell is open to discussion (feel free to criticize!). Maybe we can get KI to get a look at this?