Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Waterworks Gear hard to get...

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 02, 2008
First I wanna start by saying this post has 2 parts, but the Subject line didnt fit. Second, I suppose i could make a post in Wysteria' section about the second one, but as they're interrelated, i thought what the heck. ANYWAYS, here's the post:

I've done Waterworks about 30 times from lvl 60 to lvl 80. I've already acquired my hat and my robe, but so far have not yet recieved my boots. Right now I'm using the lvl 74 Froudling Creepers, as they are a decent equivalent. It's taken me about 2/3 of my visits to waterworks to attempt the boots. I have also found that if i get the hat from Luska, I dont usually get any piece from Sylster. Why is that and is there a way to increase your chances?

Ok second part. I discovered an athame and ring the other day that are drops only from tower of the helephant. Oddly enough, they're lvl 60+. Cool part is they're All School items. Perhaps TOTH gear to compliment Waterworks Gear? Stats are as follows:

LEXICON BLADE
+250 Health
+200 Mana
+15% Power Pip Chance
+7% All Schools Attack
+8 All Schools Critical Defense
+15% OUTGOING Health (Not so savvy about this trait, but hey, it's good for life peope)

AUREATE BAND
+280 Health
+185 Mana
+12% Power Pip Chance
+5% All Schools attack
+15 All Schools Critical Defense
+15 INCOMING Health (Now THIS is pretty sweet)

I'm gonna make another post that has my stats before and after gear, though critical and critical block may be a little off due to the fact that the rating is a number and gear increases by a percentage.

Defender
Jul 23, 2011
I'm not sure if you're doing the cheats or not, but I definitely have noticed that doing them lowers the drop rates. I, personally, had a harder time getting the robe than the hat and boots. And, yes the aureate band is pretty awesome. I still don't have the lexicon blade, though :(

Defender
Jul 23, 2011
I just wanted to update my posting. I have now been through waterworks three times with my life wizard, and have everything except the hat. I don't think that's too bad considering I didn't get anything the first time through. My son almost gave up trying to get the robe a while back, but I talked him into doing it one last time. Guess what, he got it, and was so happy I talked him into going.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Caballo203 wrote:
I just wanted to update my posting. I have now been through waterworks three times with my life wizard, and have everything except the hat. I don't think that's too bad considering I didn't get anything the first time through. My son almost gave up trying to get the robe a while back, but I talked him into doing it one last time. Guess what, he got it, and was so happy I talked him into going.

If you craft the Helmet in Wintertusk is very good for your wizards stats wise. The crafted robe is ok and boots are not that good. You have to have completed the Seal of the Seven Seas quest though and with the ingredients now required in so many other high level craft quests they are a bit more epic rare to gather.

On my first wizard I was in WaterWorks so many times I finally decided never again. I finally got the robe just before Mirror Lake, 2 hats, 1 robe and 3 boots and a lot of stress. Some are lucky some never get.

My future wizards make do with what they can craft or buy with gold. Clearly, on my first wizard, if I trudged though Zafaria with mainly level 58 gear, soloing most all of it, what do I need Waterworks for?

Survivor
Nov 10, 2009
I am level 75 fire. And have gone through waterworks several times. But i accidently stitched over my gear. Will i ever be able to get it back? :(

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
elijah5505 wrote:
I am level 75 fire. And have gone through waterworks several times. But i accidently stitched over my gear. Will i ever be able to get it back? :(

Sadly young wizard the answer is no.

You are not the only one that has lost this precious gear to an unplanned events, some do quick sell all and lose it, there are a few pets running around the spiral full of ww gear I would imagine.

KI can turn back the hands of time on some things but restoring gear is not one of them.

Delver
Aug 10, 2010
elijah5505 wrote:

Just keep doing WW and you'll eventually end up with another set gear. I had 3 sets of gear on one of my characters until I fed the extras to my pets.