Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

huh dont understand the pagoda gauntlet

AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
ok i saw one of the new bundles has no house ( unless the guantlet has a outside area and the guantlet is the inside of your house)
but it has a small guantlet for the owner plus a couple friends

can someone explain cause i am gonna get it soon and wondering if its truely worth the buy

Delver
Apr 10, 2010
Well, you get experience points for each round in the dungeon and drops. The drops can be pets, housing items, reagents, or pet snacks. The pets can range from the brown spider pet, ninja pig, or even a jade oni. One of my wizards received a rank 8 pet snack also. If nothing else, its something to do if you aren't interested in questing or crafting.

Survivor
Jul 01, 2009
The pagoda gauntlet is amazing! Much better than house; one of my friends bought one. The drops are great if you're looking for new pets, pet snacks (including mega snacks!), and housing. Every time me and my friends complete it, we get about 14k xp. Great for when you dont feel like questing.

~Lenora Nightstone, lvl 51 Life

Explorer
Feb 12, 2011
I have it, and it is pretty cool to be able to run a dungeon in your own house, get drops and XP.

The difficulty of the gauntlet and the XP awarded is determined by the level of the lowest wizard going in. I went through with a lvl 80, 76, and 74 - and the XP awarded was about 47K. (took us well over an hour to finish - at that level the bosses were pretty hard)

Went through again with just a lvl 40 and 74 - and the XP was about 14K (this time it took about 10 minutes, and you could REALLY notice the difficulty level was much, much easier)

I have 6 wizards - so I use a friend as a portal in my gauntlet house, so I can port my lower level wizards into it. (it is no trade, and I did have an issue deciding which wizard was going to get it)

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
I do love the new Pagoda Gauntlet. BUT ... I could never solo it. I'd always have to come beg friends and people to join me.

I wish that if you were to enter the Pagoda Gauntlet alone, you would face bosses one on one, and actually have a chance at winning.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
grvy123 wrote:
ok i saw one of the new bundles has no house ( unless the guantlet has a outside area and the guantlet is the inside of your house)
but it has a small guantlet for the owner plus a couple friends

can someone explain cause i am gonna get it soon and wondering if its truely worth the buy

k i checked it out turns out its a item

looks like i am buying it
thnx for helping me decide if it was worthwhile

Delver
Jan 13, 2010
I dont have it but would really like it. Problem is, I live in Australia (Down Under) which only has the griffin bundle and the snake in the basket bundle, and the membership cards. No other packs. Only i fyou could buy it online. Sigh, sigh, sigh, sigh.

Defender
May 15, 2010
To be honest, it is way too hard. My friends all said: It's easy, we can do it with 3, don't worry.

And usually everybody there had the badge. Then they go in with me and we all die. Every time...

Survivor
Oct 20, 2012
I, myself, have the pagoda gauntlet. I have received many good drops and equipment. It ranges between pets, pet snack, crown equipment, housing items, and reagents. I get mega pet snack almost every time i run the pagoda course. I usually get a low level with me and i just kill all low level minions and bosses, since i'm a high level. It doesn't matter what difficulty you are on, you still get the same drops. Hope I helped

~Level 70 Transcendent Sorcerer

Survivor
Feb 01, 2011
It is pretty cool, get a lot of pets furniture and equipment. The bosses are pretty hard so you should be around level ( 15-80) to do it. And it would take around an hour to complete. There are around 10 floors (Healing Floors Included). You should really try it. My friend Got a Blade at the last level (So Jealous)

Survivor
Sep 21, 2011
Does the Pagoda Gauntlet, drop any wands - and in that case spear wands?

I am going for aesthetics only, so does it drop anything similiar to the spear wands from in the ninja's lore pack.

Survivor
Nov 12, 2011
Yeah, it has wands. Three of them. One each, purple, red and orange. I think they are the same sword wands found in the Kirin Horde Packs. There is one for each outfit, Oyoroi, Kozane, and Rukugo, or something like that. The names are, Ringing Broadsword, Four Bells Ringing, and Chiming Blade. Look those names up on the Wiki, and you should be able to find out more.

Survivor
Sep 21, 2011
Thanks for your reply :D

I currently have a one or two of the ones you mentioned. So the pagoda only drops sword like wands not spears?

Even so what's the drop rate at that?

I'm not so sure about the kirin horde pack, I've never tried my hand at that. I have 4 bells ringing from the yuletide pack though.