Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

master ambrose

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 08, 2012
any time when master ambrose pops up on the screen it tells me to go to him cuz he has some thing for me but all it it says is we need to no all about malistares plans why does it do that

Survivor
Jun 03, 2012
Survivor
Feb 15, 2010
Yeah, that sometimes happens. It's just a glitch. I hade that happen to me many times.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
It's a glitch. it's been around forever. ignore it and continue playing.
the only real time he will call you is for Grizzleheim and Wysteria.

Survivor
Mar 31, 2012
You need to go talk to him. Just follow your quest arrow

Caitlin StrongTalon, lvl 27 theugist,
Hero of Krokotopia
Wizard City Protecter

See in Marleybone, or mange MooShu! Basicly the Spiral!

Survivor
Apr 02, 2010
Sometimes you will notice your professors or others 'summon' you to see them, but then when you get there they have nothing for you. I have noticed this from time to time as well, and in fact, I sent a message to Help & Support on this exact topic.
They replied that every once in awhile, your profs may wish to just check in and say hello - not really the answer I had been hoping for. However, I did pick up on something. I have a PC and two laptops at home, and I play on each one at different times. Once you level up, depending on which level you are, you will sometimes be summoned to see various people at various times. If you reached, say for example, level 58 you would be summoned to do your level 58 spell quest, and then you would complete it and get your spell. But say for example, you log into a different computer and keep playing, and then you reach level 59, there is a good chance your professor will summon you again. I think the reason has to do with the cookies on your computer, and when you level up, it triggers these messages you're supposed to receive - but if you're on a different computer than when you were summoned last, that cookie is not embedded in your history, and your computer believes you may not have been summoned, so it will allow that to show up for you again.
There was also a temporary glitch (fixed now) in Avalon shortly after its release. The owl, Fianna somebody, is supposed to summon you at level 75 with a spell quest - but for awhile, she was summoning and giving the quest when you reached level 72. But when you got to level 75, she'd summon you again, only for you to arrive and she would have nothing for you.
Consider it a very minor glitch, and a wee bit of an inconvenience - especially when you get all excited thinking there is going to be some kind of new spell quest or something else, only to discover they have nothing for you.
Its still good to check-in, because you never know - they actually MAY have something for you! :D In my opinion, it's better to be summoned twice, than not at all.
Happy questing!
Destiny/Destiny SpiritGiver
Archmage Necromancer/Archmage Theurgist and Sorcerer

Survivor
Apr 08, 2012
samantha123456711h... wrote:
any time when master ambrose pops up on the screen it tells me to go to him cuz he has some thing for me but all it it says is we need to no all about malistares plans why does it do that

15. Merle Summoned me, but has nothing for me!
Merle is at it again!
Merle seems to be back to some bad habits of calling Wizards to his side when they level, and then not having anything for them when they arrive. Unless Merle has a symbol over his head, he's just checking to make sure you're paying attention to your studies!

Found in help and support FAQ

Hope this helps!

Richard Starbright, Adept Balance wizard

Defender
Jul 23, 2011
Explorer
Apr 05, 2012
This mostly happens if you log in from a computer you have not played the game on. It has something to do with setting quest flags, I think. On a new machine it will set a flag that you already have on your main machine. Therefor it triggers dialog that you have already dealt with.

I had three rows of dialog all the way back to level five when I logged my main character in on my sister's computer.

[off topic!]
I usually just right-click the dialog bubble and it goes away. I do my rounds and check my teacher, Ambrose and all of the other quest-start NPC's every time I am drifting through Wizard City. I also frequent the other realms for new/hidden quests.