Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Best Secondary School(s) for a Necromancer?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 08, 2012
I'm having trouble choosing a secondary school, or possibly multiple schools, for my Necromancer. I've read so many different oppinions about the different combinations and even formed oppinions of my own, but still I can't finalize.

So, what do you guys think? What is truly the best secondary school or schools for a Necromancer?

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
At early levels secondary schools don't seem like a bad idea but it seems once I am in the 40's or so level I start to concentrate more on power pips leaving my secondary school longer to wait for, unless of course you buy the amulet.

The usual ones like Ice to Tower Shield and Death to Feint may work to your advantage but are training point costly really. Also Life to Satyr used to be popular but personally I never ran my non life wizards though the game to be able to help others, I more over add some 1 pip sprites treasures in my sideboard for quick life shots so my pips where sucked up by a 4 pip Satyr.

Accept for my 1st wizard where I did experiment with other school spells I now stick with what I am given from my teacher and add in only spells that will enhance my given ones - such as the blade from Niles and then at level 50 I start the Sun spells..

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Balance to weakness
Life to saytr
Ice to tower shield
All sun enchantments

And if you PvP, you should also save up for dispels (also works in dungeons like Waterworks and bosses)

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
wizardgirl1840 wrote:
Balance to weakness
Life to saytr
Ice to tower shield
All sun enchantments

And if you PvP, you should also save up for dispels (also works in dungeons like Waterworks and bosses)

I disagree with wasting training points on Life. Death spells heal; I have never found the need for any life spells as a Death Wizard.

Train Ice to Tower Shield, then Balance or Fire.
Get the spirit blades/traps in Krok and reshuffle in the 'secret shop' in Colossus. Save the rest for which ever school you choose in Celestia (and beyond).

Defender
May 24, 2012
I have a Fire wizard and a Storm wizard and yesterday I decided to launch a Life wizard. For some reason I wasn't getting the fact that your secondary choice could greatly enhance your dueling skills. I was just choosing whatever spell I ran on to first. This time I specifically went back to Fire as my second. Life/Fire is turning out to be quite graceful and strong. She carries an Ice wand to cover most bases. At level 9 I'm really looking forward to how she goes through the game.

Survivor
Feb 19, 2011
I am a myth wizard and my secondary school is storm. With storm you fizzle a lot but it is really powerful.

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
For Death, you will really not need a secondary as you progress.
Ice to tower would be about all I would do in a secondary.
Save your training points for the blades in Krok, reshuffle, dispels and enchantments. Those will benefit you the most.
In the end, you will end up having a half dozen training points left over.

Chris Nightwraith
Transcended Necromancer
WCP

Delver
Jul 21, 2009
RavenLady777 wrote:
wizardgirl1840 wrote:
Balance to weakness
Life to saytr
Ice to tower shield
All sun enchantments

I disagree with wasting training points on Life. Death spells heal; I have never found the need for any life spells as a Death Wizard.

Train Ice to Tower Shield, then Balance or Fire.
Get the spirit blades/traps in Krok and reshuffle in the 'secret shop' in Colossus. Save the rest for which ever school you choose in Celestia (and beyond).

RavenLady said it best . Life is a big waste of points on a Death.

Survivor
Jul 08, 2012
Thank you for all the suggestions. This is what I've settled on;

1: Storm to Stormzilla (9 TP's) - (I don't believe this one was suggested. Storm has a high fizzle, I know that, but it's power is unbleivable!)

2: Ice to Tower Shield (5 TP's) - (I know a couple of you suggested this one. At first, I was thinking it'd be a wast. Why should I waste 5 TP's if I'm only going to use one spell. But seeing it being used in PvP has convinced me I need it.)

3: Elemental Blades & Elemental Traps (2 TP's) - (Most of you recommended Spirit Blades, but it doesn't really make much sense to me. I don't have any Life or Myth spells, and I already have a Death Blade and Trap. However, with the Elemental Blades & Traps, I can hit up some powerful Storm combos throughout the game, and maybe a couple of Ice combos early in the game.)

4: Sun/Moon/Star Spells (? TP's) - (In all honesty, I have absolutely NO idea how these spells work because I've never experienced them, so I have no idea what I'll want.