Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 7-13-12

AuthorMessage
Administrator
It's Friday the 13th! I'm not sure about all of you, but so far, so good here. Nothing unlucky here (yet, knock on wood...). To increase our chances of having a great Friday, let's do another Feedback Friday!!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

Let's hear about how color coordinated you care to be. Please vote on the poll, and add any further comments you'd like below.

Have a wonderful weekend, and until next time, stay fiery! ::grin::

Results
How important is matching or color coordinating in Wizard101?
I'll wear whatever has the best stats, I don't worry about color. 14%
I like to color coordinate if it's not too much work, but it's not a priority. 16%
I'll dye things occasionally to color coordinate or look better! 21%
I like to coordinate. The color something is/the ability to dye it sometimes influnences what I will wear or purchase. 16%
I have to be color coordinated. Looking good is my top priority. 33%

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Community Leader
Armiger
May 10, 2010
Oh my, I can't tell you how important this is for me. I stitch everything and dye it to be exactly the colors I want.

I also have to have my pet match and my mount match or I wont use them. I have some excellent pets, but I wont use them on my other wizards because they dont match the colors.

That is one of the horrible things about the Strange Beast and the Shadow beast, Those are not the colors for Myth and Death! Hello, what was KI thinking?

Delver
Aug 10, 2009
As a Fire Sudent I'll try to stay as fiery as posible8)

P.S. My firezilla, Sir Rex, and I are really enjoying the summer weather

Defender
Mar 05, 2009
Once I establish a wizard's color scheme, I'll dye new gear to match as soon as possible. "My" colors help identify myself to my friends if I've updated gear since the last time we played.

I'll take stats over colors if I have to but it always feel like something's wrong, like wearing my sister's hand-me-down boots instead of my own (even if they're brand new). If I really like the gear stats but can't dye it, I'll stitch it to gear I like the looks of if I can. If it really clashes though and I don't have the crowns, I might dye everything else to fit with the new non-dyeable stuff instead.

Champion
Jun 16, 2009
Yes Falema I'd like to be in style! Just so I can be my best and get them people to say I look good (Well cause I like to be looking good lol ) And I didnt notice that it was Friday The 13th Falema. Thanks for telling me about is

Survivor
May 21, 2011
Thanks Professor for another feedback Friday!!!
Sydney Mistcatcher
Legendary Pyromancer (your student :D)

Survivor
Sep 05, 2010
I take whatever has the best stats but if it's a wierd looking color or style I dye or stitch it

Defender
Jan 09, 2009
Professor Falmea wrote:
It's Friday the 13th! I'm not sure about all of you, but so far, so good here. Nothing unlucky here (yet, knock on wood...). To increase our chances of having a great Friday, let's do another Feedback Friday!!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

Let's hear about how color coordinated you care to be. Please vote on the poll, and add any further comments you'd like below.

Have a wonderful weekend, and until next time, stay fiery! ::grin::

First, I go with whatever gear has the best overall stats. Then, if the colors are too far out of sync with the most powerful school You know which school I mean Falmea (I accept orange, yellow, red, and black [black for ashes created by the flames]) such as... purple for example! I have nothing against the color myself, but it has nothing to do with Pyromancy! Long story short, I like to keep my clothes school oriented.

Survivor
Apr 16, 2010
wow i am genuinly surprised (not sure if is spelled the fourth word right)!
I thought the top one would get one of the highest number of votes but i guess people like looking pretty (and handsome) nowadays instead of having better stats but i mean you can still dye clothes with high stats so i guess thats probably why.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
I chose occasionally because although i refuse to wear downright ugly stuff (I'll stitch if the ugliest hat has the best stats), it's hardly a priority; the stats are.

Defender
Feb 26, 2012
I have two sets of clothes one for parties which match completely, and i have a set of questing clothes which dont really match yet they kinda do.

Survivor
Apr 28, 2009
I choose the clothes that look the best, dye them, then stitch them with clothes that have the best stats so that I can look good, and be strong.

Hero
May 02, 2009
Personally, I'll occasionally dye stuff to fit the colors that I like.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Professor Falmea wrote:

Let's hear about how color coordinated you care to be. Please vote on the poll, and add any further comments you'd like below.:

*__________* thank you from the bottom of my heart, for asking this question in Feedback Friday.

I care very much.

The crazy fact is I spend crowns to stitch all my best gear to dye-able items. And I pay lots of gold to color several times, because I get bored. I also have several of the same stat gear stitched to different colors and styles so I can change my characters clothes, without losing good stats.

I do wish the colors to choose from were broader. For one thing I wish there was one color pallet for boys and girls. I like almost all their colors better than the girls colors. And the other day I was in the Dye Shop and saw a boy character begging “out-loud” to be allowed to wear pink. I also wish we could use all the colors in the game. If you don’t want to rewrite anything in the Wizard City Dye Shop, just add dye shops to each world and include black, white, brown, tan – and all the colors of that world. So pink and blue look different from Wysteria to Celestia. Or the next world to open could just have a Colour Boutique and it just has the new option of all the colors.

I also wish there were tints of each color so that the pinks and purples weren’t so intense and neon and there were other colors – like a water color wash. Tints, Tones, Neutrals … in all the shades and brights of the Spiral *_______*

Another thing that would be a very big deal to me is if we could dye housing items. Dying the walls & floors to coordinate better with the furniture or making my Royal Bed deep purple and the Large Spiral Rug a medium light green. My favorite table is the Fine Wooden Table but the dressers I like best are the light wood ones from Marleybone. I wish I could dye my Fine Wooden Tables the same color as my light dressers. *______* green Sprial Rug, plum Royal Bed, light wood table & dressers with Wizardly Wallpaper the same colors but 50% lighter. OH and the Padded Chair would be plum too, to match the bed. And the flag stone floor could be 50% lighter too….a bright almost silver gray.

Yet, another thing that would be a very big deal to me is if we could change the color and style of our characters hair. If the characters were written that way, it seems like it would be no different than changing a hat. And I would start my level 78 character over from the beginning if that was the only way to get hair changing code into my characters. I’d do it tomorrow and I’d pay crowns for the privilege.

I also wish we could dye all the pets and dye the dresses on the Sprites & Pixies.

I would pay crowns for the area the new dye shop was in – even though I have a monthly membership.

I would pay crowns to use a special pallet at the Wizard City Dye Shop.

I would buy a Bundle Card if it was the only way to get a portal to that special dye shop in the sky.

I would buy a Crown Shop Item that allowed me to do this at home….color work bench, painters crafting table, artists’ easel…

Actually, I’d buy 3 Crown Shop Housing Items 1 for coloring hair (different and more colors than we have now), 1 for coloring clothing with different and more colors and /or tints, 1 for coloring housing items.

Ahhhh…I think that wraps it up :D Colors and color coordinating are very important to me in my characters, pets and housing. And I fervently wish there was a lot more to choose from and do in this area.

P.s. Ugh! I can't believe I forgot mounts! I wish we could dye our mounts. I love the wings most - but the Fairy Wings colors are so limiting as to the clothes you can wear and it's really hard to get your outfit right. But I also wish I could have light green Seraph Wings or purple Bat Wings or my Unicorn could be yellow and orange. It'd just be nice to coordinate with the mount - but be able to change your clothes & so change the color of the mount from time to time. Ty again

Survivor
May 28, 2009
I like to color cordinate because balance doesn't have black and red which are my favorite colors.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
At lower levels, i'll wear whatever gives me a better stat bonus. When I hit level 15, i'll start paying attention to color coordination. At max level, when I can access all currently available gear, I'll start both Stitching and Dying to get a look that I prefer with the Stats I like. Currently, I'm in Light Blue and Purple Avalonian Knight's Armor, with the Stats of Skyscream Gear, with a Nevermore Talon (Which I am pondering Stitching to get the Sword of Kings appearance).

Survivor
Dec 20, 2010
Color coordinating is pretty important to me. Yeah, stats matter more, but that's what stitching is for and I do that on a very regular basis. My most favorite characters have their gear, pet, and mount matching-- or as close to matching-- in color as I can manage. My gear has to go together (for instance, I wouldn't wear a hat that looked like it came from Celestia and a tunic that looked like it came from Krok.)

I'd also like to echo what someone said above. Please let boys wear pink and girls wear brown. The fairy wing mounts look the same on the boys as they do on the girls, so I'm guessing it's not a gender thing? I just can't figure out why boys aren't allowed to have pink. It's my young son's favorite color, so he had to make a girl character in order to wear it. Also, if boys and girls had the same colors to choose from, PVP teams could look uniform together.

Bottom line: Color matters to me!

(Also, a little off topic, but, what the person above said about being able to change the style and color of our hair? That would make me happy beyond reason. I hate the hairstyles on my first two characters.)

Defender
Jul 28, 2009
ha I like to look my best around the Spiral even my outfits have to look good :D

Survivor
Oct 24, 2010
true, while colour co-ordinating isn't that important to actual gameplay, there can be many uses. the main one i use is for people to know what school i'm in, and so it matches my characters good looks. if im ice and i wear red and yellow, people will load me up with fire-blade spells, even though thats not my school. hope you all think that its important. :3

Survivor
Jun 19, 2012
I too HAVE to match. I will purchase a theme and color scheme for my wizard and dye and stitch if its needed. I'm happy that the stiching is available. I just started not long ago and got some nice gear in packs but it was just awful looking! At that time I didnt know you could stitch and I banked the item in favor of a not as good piece that I could dye. I discovered the stitching feature after a bit and was sooooo happy! :D

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Stats are the most important to me, but I like to colour-coordinate my outfits... a girl's gotta keep up her fashion cred, after all.

When I was a baby wizard, I learned quickly that people with mismatched gear were not to be trusted. *giggle* Even at level 80, the best gear for my school is still the Waterworks stuff, as it gives me the most balanced ( pun intended) stats in all areas. But, let's face it, that outfit is HIDEOUS... Enter stitching, and the dye-shop!

I can change colours as often as I like, since gold practically falls out of the sky, at higher levels, and mold my best stats into something that also looks spiffy... Now, my wizards can take out Malistaire, Mithraya, and Glowstorm solo, and look good doing it. :P

Stopping fashion-crimes everywhere,

El Veeb/Shadowsong
the Archmage of Awesomeness

& the rest of the El Veeb Army

Defender
Mar 24, 2009
I often get my greatest clothing out and stitch them to a pretty outfit, so I have both pretty AND useful. Afterwards I might dye, might not. Depends on how I'm feeling at the time.

Survivor
May 06, 2011
[I dont really care what color i wear, i only wear the best clothes that make me look good! :-)

Hugs And Minions,
Kristen, Myth

Administrator
Thanks everyone for voting and sharing your opinions on color coordination (especially Aedan11, great, well thought out post)! ::grin:: It seems that most of you are quite fashionable out there (I tend to fall somewhere in the middle, I get mismatched at times...).

Another Feedback Friday coming up shortly!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea