Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ice the weakest? No.

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 07, 2011
I was wandering about the Wu commons this morning, looking for people breaking the rules and swearing, when I noticed this nice conversation.

'Ice is the weakest'
'Ice is for people with no skills'
'They're the worst school'

Etc., Etc.

I thought to myself, 'Really?', and carried on.

Just wondering, I think these people are a bit mad because they lost to
Ice in PvP, but I understand where they're coming from, thinking that Ice can't do anything because of their low damage output. This is not a post talk about how Ice is overpowered, this is just a post to see how Ice is weak in any sense, or the 'Worst School'

Alex DuskGlade, Level 66 Thaumaturge.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Ice can have a good balance of offense and defense. Some people will go for super high resistance (defense), therefore weakening their offense. Some will go for offense, and weaken their defense.

It's a give and take to find the right balance for an Ice wizard.

I have opted for a good balance. I do have several sets of gear in my backpack that I can switch to, if I need a boost in offense or defense. I don't PvP, so I can't say how well I would do there, but I am a total tank in PvE, and I am frequently called upon to help with bosses, especially in Avalon.

The base damage for Ice is very weak. Pretty much the weakest school in regards to that. Even with gear that gives damage boost, we don't get as much as other schools. It's a struggle to keep it within the 30% range, if you're looking to boost stats in other areas.

Crafted gear works the best with Ice. While I still have my Waterworks gear, I find that L66 and higher crafted gear works great to our advantage, while the Waterworks gear works best for some of the other schools, no matter what is available for crafting (my Balance wizard, for example is L80, and still uses WW gear).

Currently my L80 Ice stats are:

Health = 5362
Mana = around 400
Damage = 42%
Resistance = 57% Storm, 61% Fire, and 27% to all other schools
Accuracy = 101%
Power Pips = 90%
Healing in = 34%
Healing out = 24% (If I remember correctly, but I could be wrong)
Critical = 137
Critical Block = around 187 to all schools

(My pet Wyvern boosts my stats a bit in health, damage, power pips & has spritely)

If I switched gear, my health would be near 5700, my damage would be around 29% or less, accuracy a lot less as well as power pip chance, healing, and resistance.

If I switch gear again, my health will go down to about 4900 or less, resistance will increase more, damage boost in the 20's or less, a rise in critical, a drop in critical block, power pips, accuracy, and healing.

Remember, Ice is a defensive school. However, you can adjust what gear you use to help with the offense aspect, but it will reduce some of the defense.

For me, I opted to increase my offense the best I could, as I don't want to be in fights for longer than I have to. Even though I might sacrifice some defense, I have found a good balance that I like to use, and it works very well for me.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Those potato heads. Do they understand what torture ice wizards cause? I am going insane over them in PvP...

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
BlueHighwind wrote:
I was wandering about the Wu commons this morning, looking for people breaking the rules and swearing, when I noticed this nice conversation.

'Ice is the weakest'

Etc., Etc.

Ice in PvP, but I understand where they're coming from, thinking that Ice can't do anything because of their low damage output. This is not a post talk about how Ice is overpowered, this is just a post to see how Ice is weak in any sense, or the 'Worst School'

First of all, get out of Wu realm if you want a more pleasurable gaming experience. :?

Secondly, Ice is anything but weak, played properly. I have two Ice wizards, and both are exceedingly strong. I can not only outlast everyone, but can out power everyone except storm. and they fizzle. :)

Ice rules!

Delver
Apr 10, 2010
And these may very well be ones who also say Ice is over powered. I had created wizards from all the different schools except Ice on my main account. I decided to try out Ice school on a second account to see what all the hoopla was about (it they were weak, OP, etc.). My first Ice's secondary school was Storm. Oh, the fizzlefest I had with her in the beginning! When she got enough training points, I added Life school to Satyr. Erin is my tank, I believe, and I enjoy playing the school.

I enjoy playing all the different schools; they all have their pluses and minuses.

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
BlueHighwind wrote:

'Ice is the weakest'

Etc., Etc.

As my first wizard is a Storm I don't see Ice as particularly strong, but it certainly isn't weak.

I know Ice has high health, but playing with an Ice wizard makes me see why. Sure, sometimes in PvP for my other wizards it can become somewhat annoying, but it can be countered.

Overall, Ice is a nice school to work with.

Scarlet Nightdreamer - Level 50 Diviner
Alura Unicornglade - Level 15 ish Thaumaturge

Survivor
May 08, 2010
Ice is way to op and should lose all that resist to fire and storm. Ice is anything but weak and ki needs to give people something to counter this.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
superwizzard52 wrote:
Ice is way to op and should lose all that resist to fire and storm. Ice is anything but weak and ki needs to give people something to counter this.

As the OP mentioned, this isn't a post on how Ice is over powered, but a different discussion.

Please re-read their post and keep this thread on track.

Survivor
Apr 28, 2009
Ice Wizards have the most health, and most of their spells are centered on increasing their defenses and absorbing health. However, that doesn't mean they are the weakest school; it just means that they protect themselves, making them one of the hardest schools to defeat.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Weak?!?! Are they crazy?!?! Ice is overpowered, i mean look at their insane resist! They can also stack blades and snow angel/mammoth.

Survivor
Jun 26, 2009
Some people just don't even look past the damage on the cards. Many choose Storm because it has the most damage, and then complain about fizzling all the time *cough* my brother *cough*.

Survivor
Nov 09, 2008
I strongly disagree with this. If anything, I think Ice is becoming overpowered due to the new "Immune" ability. Today I came across an ice with 5600 health. That sure isnt bad at all...

Explorer
May 07, 2011
superwizzard52 wrote:

If you had read all of my post, which you most likely didn't, you would have seen that I wrote this:

This is not a post talk about how Ice is overpowered

So don't start an argument about Ice being overpowered here. If you want to, go start it in the PvP forums.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
BlueHighwind wrote:
superwizzard52 wrote:

If you had read all of my post, which you most likely didn't, you would have seen that I wrote this:

This is not a post talk about how Ice is overpowered

So don't start an argument about Ice being overpowered here. If you want to, go start it in the PvP forums.

Yup. People have blinders on. They see straight ahead only, instead of looking at it from every angle (aka: misinterpreting your post)

People. Stop talking about how Ice is over powered. This thread is not about that. Focus on what the OP is asking, please.

Explorer
May 07, 2011
Weak?!?! Are they crazy?!?! Ice is overpowered, i mean look at their insane resist! They can also stack blades and snow angel/mammoth.

If anything, I think Ice is becoming overpowered due to the new "Immune" ability.

Once again:

This is not a post to talk about how Ice is overpowered

As you can see, I plainly stated the above, which you probably neglected to read.