Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Sooooo Little Exp

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 29, 2012
Hi, I am a level 41 death, and I wanted to ge into winter tusk, because I thought my level was too low for where I am in dragonspyre, soi went to grizzleheim, and remembered ow LITTLE exp it gives you, WHYNIS THA SO?

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
godofw101 wrote:
Hi, I am a level 41 death, and I wanted to ge into winter tusk, because I thought my level was too low for where I am in dragonspyre, soi went to grizzleheim, and remembered ow LITTLE exp it gives you, WHYNIS THA SO?

Grizzlehiem is a side world that is not meant to level your wizard in so that you are not too advanced for the regular worlds it parallels. Altho you can abuse this in Wintertusk it is actually a plus to be a higher level to deal with Celestia - not that Wintertusk is a walk in the park but the experience is equal to the fighting needed to be done.

Survivor
Jan 29, 2012
I just relised that When you beat Grizzleheim, and go to Wintertusk... All your XP is repayed. 13000 XP for a quest! JACKPOT

Explorer
Jun 03, 2012
On the same subject - I just hit level 40 (fire) and came back from Mooshu thinking to finish up Grizzelheim. I got to the duel with the Boss Jotunk which is the first step towards Ravenscar and I nearly flipped. How is a wizard withonly 2000 health suppose to beat a boss with 9,000 health? Even with help, it seems impossible at my level.

I just went back to help out a friend with Big Ben and we ended up taking on the milk bottle boss who had 3500 Health and with 3 of us all about my level we were given a run for our money. Any suggestions? I don't know anyone with a higher health etc. than mine so that's out.

I'm still not convinced the amount of exp is worth it. If I didn't love the place (I grew up in the mountains of Montana) I would have grumbled my way through it.

Sarai Thundergrover, Magu Pyromancer

Survivor
Feb 23, 2009
I am level 55 and am half way through grizzleheim and have gotten one lsvel up from that. As for another person i know he is level 61 and had to beat grizzleheim to get his level 58 pet when he finally beat it he only got 2 level ups for beating the whole world!

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
Darlar828 wrote:
On the same subject - I just hit level 40 (fire) and came back from Mooshu thinking to finish up Grizzelheim. I got to the duel with the Boss Jotunk which is the first step towards Ravenscar and I nearly flipped. How is a wizard withonly 2000 health suppose to beat a boss with 9,000 health? Even with help, it seems impossible at my level.

I just went back to help out a friend with Big Ben and we ended up taking on the milk bottle boss who had 3500 Health and with 3 of us all about my level we were given a run for our money. Any suggestions? I don't know anyone with a higher health etc. than mine so that's out.

I'm still not convinced the amount of exp is worth it. If I didn't love the place (I grew up in the mountains of Montana) I would have grumbled my way through it.

Don't worry. I was probably four levels under you on my Storm gal when I faced him. My friends and I just used the old teleport back in and out strategy. First, you wipe out the minion. If he has brothers, then go for the Life one, then the Death and then finally Jotun himself. That's how we did it, though it took us nearly an hour we completed it. (And yeah, that experience we got for that quest was NOT worth it.

Explorer
Jan 31, 2011
Grizzleheim is a level 20 world, wintertusk is more your level

Evan level 64 (almost 65) life wizard

Explorer
Jun 03, 2012
Thanks I appreciate the information. I am wondering though if i understand what you meant by "port in and out" I figure you mean if you got killed you ported back, and you also ported in and out between duels? Or did you port back into the duel if you got knocked out while others held the fort - can you even do that? Thanks in advance for any further response.

Sarai

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
The XP in Grizzleheim is awful. I have 2 wizards there now (Storm in Ravenscar, and Life in Savarstaad Pass)~ all they do is grind, non-stop, and the XP isn't even worth it. To be honest, it's insulting.

On that note: If it's a side world, completing it shouldn't be required to get our level 35 and 55 spells. The whole point of a side world is that it's optional, am I right?

-El Veeb/Sestiva/Tav
(Storm/49 and Life/33)

Survivor
Dec 20, 2009
Darlar828 wrote:

Wow, if it was THAT hard for you to do the milk boss with 3 people, then, you sure are weak, I did the big ben duo, myself as a balance level 29, and an ice wizard level 31, we did fine, we even did the milk boss, it was so easy. Yeah, you're just weak...

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Wow, if it was THAT hard for you to do the milk boss with 3 people, then, you sure are weak, I did the big ben duo, myself as a balance level 29, and an ice wizard level 31, we did fine, we even did the milk boss, it was so easy. Yeah, you're just weak...

I solo Big Ben - so far with my Death and Storm but I would never call anyone else in the game or on this board weak. I thought this forum was moderated, why are posts like this let though?

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
i know right? grizzleheim gives very little xp-even for a level 20! (in my opinion) also its not like its easy. its not! on my balance wizard (who was lvl 37) and i almost died while fighting the last boss of helgrind warren (not sure how to spell) i had really good gear too! luckly balance wizards have a very helpful minion. i would have died! grizzleheim is hard but at least wt gives good xp.

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
Darlar828 wrote:
Thanks I appreciate the information. I am wondering though if i understand what you meant by "port in and out" I figure you mean if you got killed you ported back, and you also ported in and out between duels? Or did you port back into the duel if you got knocked out while others held the fort - can you even do that? Thanks in advance for any further response.

Sarai

That is exactly what I meant. You bring three people, then if one or two of you get defeated you port back to the other guy. (This guy must be a mutual friend to make it easier on you.) I used that technique and we sailed fairly smoothly.

Explorer
Feb 12, 2011
ionya wrote:
Darlar828 wrote:

Sarai

That is exactly what I meant. You bring three people, then if one or two of you get defeated you port back to the other guy. (This guy must be a mutual friend to make it easier on you.) I used that technique and we sailed fairly smoothly.

And make sure you have all your potions filled before the battle starts. It goes a lot faster if you flee, use a potion, and port back (instead of running around looking for wisps, while your friends keep fighting) Also, there are SOME dungeons this wont work with, but most you can.