Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

how storm get rid of ice res

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 23, 2011
use storm prism. it turn to myth spell same as fire.
that's the best i can get right now i'm death wizard but i have a 58 storm and i'm death commander so i know how hard it is for fire and storm
is sad that storm use to be the strongest school in the game looks like it got beat down by ice.
i still think that ice gear need some change or fire and storm don't even stand a chance

Defender
Jun 23, 2011
Defender
Aug 01, 2011
I know right i hope ice does not get more immunity if it is against balance or any other school that is insane.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
If you convert, they might have 8 pips with several blades already, and you do not have ice dispel.

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
A prism is useless when you're going second as your opponent can shield after it so having prism as your main strategy against ice immunity isn't acceptable. If you're going first your opponent can simply shield under it (ex: an ice casting a myth shield in the first few rounds will force a converted attack right into a myth shield).

People have to realize that "use a convert" doesn't solve school specific immunity, even if you manage to get one hit with a convert up a smart Ice has enough resist health and heal boost to easily heal of the damage the next round.

IMO possible immunity for one school against another in pvp is severely broken and needs to get fixed ASAP.

Explorer
Dec 12, 2010
use storm prism right away in the battle so you can attack... I guess.

Defender
Aug 03, 2011
Since storm has high attacking spells, one way to erase thier storm resist enourmously is simble:

Sword of Kings: 3 armor piercing

Stormspear: 10 armor piercing

Elemental Spear: 6 armor piercing

Infallible: 15 armor piercing

Unstoppable: 20 armor piercing

Total armor piercing: 54%. That is a ton of piercing and can really be useful against ices. And if TC are involved in this, it could go up to 64%. And people say ice is becoming immortal!

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
dodgeballking wrote:
Since storm has high attacking spells, one way to erase thier storm resist enourmously is simble:

Total armor piercing: 54%. That is a ton of piercing and can really be useful against ices. And if TC are involved in this, it could go up to 64%. And people say ice is becoming immortal!

Although that takes three turns to set up. Since you must cast spears and infallible. In that time a ice just casts storm shield, and now you don't have a way to kill them.

Survivor
Jul 05, 2009
This will never work, ive said it before and ill say it again, by the time you try and set this up you will be dead. You cannot pierce immunity, any basic player that pvp's know to shield as soon as he see's something threatening.
And imagine trying to do this with fire when most your spells are dot based, fire cleans up shiels using dot, then combos somthing behind it but if your enemy has over 100% resist the outcome even with 5 blades and a bubble are = to ZERO
Fire and Storm have become a laughing stock agaist ice, KI needs to fix this or people are gonna get sick of it and leave. Bottom line.
I was wating for a practice match yesterday and there was one match i noticed that i had to go see because there was 4 ice vs 3 storm and a life, all high rank and high lvl, i said haha this should be intresting :-) anyway by the time i got there to watch, ice already had there bubble up and spamming blizzards doing 1000 plus each 2 storm already dead, one of them got to hit. 2 bladed lord doing 300 dmg, ice was just laughing it off. This is sad and flawed. Who in there right mind would verse 3 lvl 70 and above storms with a healer. Bottom line its flawed. One ice after match even had to taunt at the end by saying " lol i still have full health 5182 haha"
Anyway nice work ki,

Snowyandspots wrote:
dodgeballking wrote:

Although that takes three turns to set up. Since you must cast spears and infallible. In that time a ice just casts storm shield, and now you don't have a way to kill them.

Defender
Aug 03, 2011
tetris101 wrote:
This will never work, ive said it before and ill say it again, by the time you try and set this up you will be dead. You cannot pierce immunity, any basic player that pvp's know to shield as soon as he see's something threatening.
And imagine trying to do this with fire when most your spells are dot based, fire cleans up shiels using dot, then combos somthing behind it but if your enemy has over 100% resist the outcome even with 5 blades and a bubble are = to ZERO
Fire and Storm have become a laughing stock agaist ice, KI needs to fix this or people are gonna get sick of it and leave. Bottom line.
I was wating for a practice match yesterday and there was one match i noticed that i had to go see because there was 4 ice vs 3 storm and a life, all high rank and high lvl, i said haha this should be intresting :-) anyway by the time i got there to watch, ice already had there bubble up and spamming blizzards doing 1000 plus each 2 storm already dead, one of them got to hit. 2 bladed lord doing 300 dmg, ice was just laughing it off. This is sad and flawed. Who in there right mind would verse 3 lvl 70 and above storms with a healer. Bottom line its flawed. One ice after match even had to taunt at the end by saying " lol i still have full health 5182 haha"
Anyway nice work ki,

Snowyandspots wrote:
dodgeballking wrote:

You seem to have lost quite a few battles but what I would reccomend for you do do medium level 1v1. No high level spamming, easy shields, the crown gear users usually lose, and only once every 40 battles or so, an occasional low level using high level tc. And btw to snowy: Have you ever heard of pierce train from pets? shatter? pierce? earhquake? maybe you should go take a look in them and try them out to find out how they work :)

Survivor
Jul 05, 2009
You definatly need to spend some more time in the ring, between 3 schools, ice fire, storm all are lvl 70+ and all are warlords 2 of which are overloards, i got over 2000 ranked matches under my belt so why dont you go 1v1 lvl 1 noobs yourself.
You obviously dont understand or want to understand any of said said above, so let me get this straight,
I should give up my perfect pet talents and specifically train a pet for the chance of a "may" cay pierce spell to make things fair just incase i end up versing an ice. Lol your too funny, nice solution btw, go go back to noob pvp and pick another topic to help in please.

dodgeballking wrote:
tetris101 wrote:
Anyway nice work ki,

Snowyandspots wrote:
dodgeballking wrote:

You seem to have lost quite a few battles but what I would reccomend for you do do medium level 1v1. No high level spamming, easy shields, the crown gear users usually lose, and only once every 40 battles or so, an occasional low level using high level tc. And btw to snowy: Have you ever heard of pierce train from pets? shatter? pierce? earhquake? maybe you should go take a look in them and try them out to find out how they work :)