Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Conflicting classes

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 26, 2009
What I'm talking about is how Ice does extra damage to Fire, and vice versa, and how Life does extra damage to Death, and vice versa, and how Myth does extra damage to Storm, and vice versa.

I think these should be different.

Life should have a boost on Myth because myths do not exist.
Myth should have a boost on Death because Myths never die.
Death should have a boost on Life because all Life must eventually die.
Fire should have a boost on Ice because the harsh fire can melt the ice.
Ice should have a boost on Storm because the cold can turn the harsh thunderstorms into gentle snow.
Storm should have a boost on Fire because harsh rain can put out harsh fires.

Tell me what you think! I'm a Myth wizard and I have always thought that it is just so awkward that Myth and Storm were conflicting classes.

Defender
Jan 09, 2009
Rulz99 wrote:
What I'm talking about is how Ice does extra damage to Fire, and vice versa, and how Life does extra damage to Death, and vice versa, and how Myth does extra damage to Storm, and vice versa.

I think these should be different.

Life should have a boost on Myth because myths do not exist.
Myth should have a boost on Death because Myths never die.
Death should have a boost on Life because all Life must eventually die.
Fire should have a boost on Ice because the harsh fire can melt the ice.
Ice should have a boost on Storm because the cold can turn the harsh thunderstorms into gentle snow.
Storm should have a boost on Fire because harsh rain can put out harsh fires.

Tell me what you think! I'm a Myth wizard and I have always thought that it is just so awkward that Myth and Storm were conflicting classes.

When I first started playing Wizard101 a few months after it came out, I thought the schools DID work that way! then I eventually figured it out after i saw that my sister's ice spells did extra damage against fire enemies, not storm. I agree, this system would make a bit more sense than what is already in place.

-Rogan Dragonflame, Dragonhound, Transcendant Pyromancer.

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
I always thought the current system made sense, with the exception of myth and storm. The symbols they represent aren't really opposites but the ideas seem to be.