Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A howling good time....

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 24, 2012
I have been in Grizzleheim trying to talk to Ivar Andersen, The wolf howling in the quest is very!! very!! loud. I got into my options and turned down the sound effects and turned up the dialogue, but now I can't hear any of my duels or any other background sound for that matter. And the heavy howling is still coming through loud and clear. Is it just my ears?

Survivor
Mar 31, 2012
I think its just your ears, but I really dont pay attention so don't count on me.

Champion
Jun 16, 2009
Oh sorry it might be me howling because i'm a wolf . No its because thats how the sounds are in gh and its really loud. Or do you have any animals that howl in your backyard? That might be the paticular reason why.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
I can't remember if I was in Grizzleheim at the time, but my dog, a Siberian Husky, was behind my office chair and howled like a wolf. I swear I jumped 10 feet, and almost had an 'accident'. I thought at the moment it was in the game, but alas, no. The loudness of his howl was unbelievable. When I turned my chair around, I swear my dog had a huge grin on his face.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
quilteddawg63 wrote:
I have been in Grizzleheim trying to talk to Ivar Andersen, The wolf howling in the quest is very!! very!! loud. I got into my options and turned down the sound effects and turned up the dialogue, but now I can't hear any of my duels or any other background sound for that matter. And the heavy howling is still coming through loud and clear. Is it just my ears?

I actually end up muting for that instance because I can't stand the constant mono tonish howling. I mostly keep the sound on my computer down so I can barely hear when I get quests but do hear battle animations. In short you need to turn the sound down on your computer and Wizards will not go any louder then that setting.

Explorer
Apr 27, 2012
Well, Grizzleheim has always been pretty loud.

And I'm not much of a help. I also mute the sound.

Defender
May 24, 2012
Thank you brwac. You are respectfully not making fun of me at least. In the future I'll just make the adjustments to get through GH then put them back later.