Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What do you think about this?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 01, 2010
I think TC's should be banned in PvP.

When I fought a level 16 at level 16, this is what happened.
Turn 1: Treasure tower
Turn 2: Treasure storm trap
Turn 3: Treasure storm blade
Turn 4: Normal storm blade
Turn 5: Treasure tower
Turn 6: Treasure triton

After all, over the past few months, the only thing people did was complain like this:
"People keep spamming Wild Bolt!"
"People keep spamming Talos!"
"People keep spamming Insane Bolt!"

Sure, TCs cost gold. But gold is easily obtained through crowns.

So what? A few cards were banned. The problem is still there. I think that if TCs were banned in PvP, the system would be a lot more enjoyable.

~Mindy Ironcaller & Dustin Dunedreamer

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
I don't think that is the answer just getting rid of everything under the sun will not solve the problem. It's more of tc should be used by people with the correct lvl.

For example if I am a death wizard and I amlvl 58 I should be allowed to use tc skeletal dragon. But say I am a lvl 16 I shouldn't be allowed to because I need to be a higher lvl before I get that spell.

I think that will solve a decent amount of problems with tc since its mainly with low lvls.

Defender
Jun 23, 2011
maybe you should get to a higher lvl then go to pvp.
is not like you have to be a warlord right now

Delver
Oct 08, 2010
they shouldnt be banned from pvp. either adapt to it or join it. just because one person is complaining about it doesnt mean ki will change it.

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
tyandash wrote:

Sounds to me like you just stood there like a deer in the headlight and waited for it to happen. Why didn't you do this:

Round 1-Wand tower off
Round 2-storm shield

Storm shields work great against storm attacks, you should try it out sometime. Would you like KI to meet you and show you where to train them or just make the game easier for you?

It is your choice to fight with a fraction of Max health when fighting with your under level characters, higher damage spells in treasure form are just some of the risks you take when using a low level character.

Explorer
Apr 10, 2010
tyandash wrote:

After all, over the past few months, the only thing people did was complain like this:
"People keep spamming Wild Bolt!"
"People keep spamming Talos!"
"People keep spamming Insane Bolt!"

Sure, TCs cost gold. But gold is easily obtained through crowns.

So what? A few cards were banned. The problem is still there. I think that if TCs were banned in PvP, the system would be a lot more enjoyable.

A bit of a short sighted post eh? Why didn't you storm sheild or maybe TC STORM SHEILD. I don't see the problem with the tower shield (it unlocks at 16 anyway). Imagine if TC glooms were taken out of the picture. How would one be able to stop an 80 Ice noob from using 20% gs and then healing up to max again with styr? Simply getting rid of everything wouln't solve a thing. Maybe putting a level cap on attacks would be a better and less brash suggestion.

Explorer
Dec 12, 2010
I think it's fair but it's just that everyone is jelous they didn't think of it or just doesn't have enough gold for treasure cards. So in my book it is fair to everyone because everyone can get money in every unique way. Honestly, you did nothing wrong.

-Savvy DarkHunter Lvl 23 Life Captain

Explorer
May 27, 2012

I know, I was killed in PVP thanks to an apprentices many TCs. It went in this order:

Turn 1: HeckHound
Turn 2: Gnomes (Luckily, it fizzled!)
Turn 3: Tower Shield
During the next four turns, he did a dangerous spell he called "Mega Weakness"
Turn 4: Weakness on me
Turn 5: Weakness on second sigil, Malvin Deathbreath
Turn 6: Weakness on third sigil, Wolf Ice
Turn 7: Weakness on final sigil, Angela Drakesong
The mega weakness then ends. Then, I cast my Humongofrog which, because of weakness, does only 103 damage, Malvin casts Banshee, Wolf casts Colossus, Angela casts Fire Dragon. They all do less damage.
In the final turn, the apprentice uses a SIRENS treasure card... It killed us all.

Defender
Aug 03, 2011
thepeakisalie wrote:

I know, I was killed in PVP thanks to an apprentices many TCs. It went in this order:

The mega weakness then ends. Then, I cast my Humongofrog which, because of weakness, does only 103 damage, Malvin casts Banshee, Wolf casts Colossus, Angela casts Fire Dragon. They all do less damage.
In the final turn, the apprentice uses a SIRENS treasure card... It killed us all.

Gnomes! is only a 9 pip spell and the only way he could attain a 9 pip spell on the second round is impossible, AND i have went through avalon entirely and not once have i found a gnomes treasure card. the only way that would be possible is if he hacked which i highly doubt he did.

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
TC are what makes PvP unique. It allows each player to develop his or her own style and strategy.

Survivor
Jul 20, 2009
dodgeballking wrote:
thepeakisalie wrote:

Gnomes! is only a 9 pip spell and the only way he could attain a 9 pip spell on the second round is impossible, AND i have went through avalon entirely and not once have i found a gnomes treasure card. the only way that would be possible is if he hacked which i highly doubt he did.

I agree with dodgeballking, i havent found any gnomes tc at all never from battling nor bazaar. Let alone SIRENS tc, never found it never seen someone use a tc of either gnomes OR sirens.

Steven strongsword, archmage fire

Mastermind
Dec 11, 2011
So you don't like TC in PvP aye? Well. Then kindly step away from the scroll.

-Gtafreak101

Explorer
Aug 01, 2009
thepeakisalie wrote:

This requires a MAJOR Facepalm.

1. Heckhound will have wasted all 1-2 pips (dunno if
There's wand or not)
2. Obviously no gnome on second turn, Heckhound or not. Also, how do you know it's gnome of it fizzled? Also, never seen a gnome TC :3
3. What's so bad about tower?
4 etc. really? Do you know how easy it is to remove weakness -.- have you heard of wan spells?
7. Look above, and guess what! There's never been a Siren TC I know of also :D

Overall, this post seems total fake to me.

Delver
Mar 15, 2009
Snowyandspots wrote:
I don't think that is the answer just getting rid of everything under the sun will not solve the problem. It's more of tc should be used by people with the correct lvl.

For example if I am a death wizard and I amlvl 58 I should be allowed to use tc skeletal dragon. But say I am a lvl 16 I shouldn't be allowed to because I need to be a higher lvl before I get that spell.

I think that will solve a decent amount of problems with tc since its mainly with low lvls.

and what r u going to do where that same level 58 is fighting that level 16 in PvP an the 16 is limited to low level TCs? easy tickets for that 58 who ranking down just to fight low levels or puppet teams.

I agree with you on caping TCs by level but doing only that would make it easier for high levels to beat low levels,level/ranking needs to be adjusted so high levels fight high levels an low level fight low levels....ie level 72-80/1-10an so on as a category an rank up in that category with items(clothing wand est...) to match that category.

then when you level up to next category start over as pvt till you rank up with items for that category can be earned(with tickets)

not going to type out every detail but you get the picture TCs can still be used with out cap for outside of PvP

Now some PvPer not going to like this because most of them (not all) will not be able to get the easy tickets from low level PvPers any more they will have to fight ppl of same level an spells they got and make it to hard for they to win then only the real PvPers will stand out with earned rank not rank took from lower level PvPers.

dont like it oh well just looking to make it as fair as possible for "all" PvPers not just one group of PvPers

M.RedBlood level 80 Death