Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

cheep pvp

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 31, 2012
I was doing a match the other day and i was getting ready to attack when the other player who had less than 1000 health used the basilisk spell on me and I died. This was not a ranked pvp but if it was I would have been really annoyed. People should not be able to use spells like these that they have not earned. It is one level below cheathing. Someone needs to stop this.

Grandmaster balance
Master Necromancer

Delver
Oct 05, 2010
Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
Yea I don't think they should but that's how it is you should use the same thing. Gl with pvp. :D

Explorer
Apr 10, 2010
*Sigh* It was KI's marketing division who took it to far by including rank 9 TC's in the Hydra Hoards with no sort of restrictions and allowing broader use by making them auctionable.

Delver
Apr 12, 2011
first off it is spelled "cheap" and well this is a supposed "issue" but I honestly don't think this will be stopped anytime soon in meantime use weakness and treasure weakness to stack that should render most attacks useless

Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
All i can say is welcome to the world of low level pvp, where you will meet people who spam every spell imaginable. In this case it was basilisk. I seriously suggest you dont pvp until legendary if you want to avoid this.

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
You play by the same rules as they do.

PvP is a very different world than PvE. I gave it a shot one night and was defeated in 3 rounds I think. An unblocked critical triton and 3400 in damage was the end of me.
It was not cheating, it was winning. And I learned a lesson. The strategy that I use very well in PvE does not translate to PvP.
Good luck!

Survivor
Mar 31, 2012
Explorer
Jun 16, 2012
I disagree. Do you expect a Grandmaster going up against a Journeyman and the Journeyman can't use any TC? But then the grandmaster uses their strongest spell? Um, no. o_O

-Emily S. Magus Pyromancer

Survivor
Mar 31, 2012
Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
I think they should just ban treasure cards and still let you use anything you have trained for real or from a pet or equipment piece

Delver
Oct 08, 2010
the problem isnt that they used a tc, the problem is that you dont no how to pvp. its not cheep its smart

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
XxCandyClanCanxX wrote:
I disagree. Do you expect a Grandmaster going up against a Journeyman and the Journeyman can't use any TC? But then the grandmaster uses their strongest spell? Um, no. o_O

Exactly..

In that situation the lvl 15 is already at a big health disadvantage, restricting their spell line would cripple the lower level player.

I actually face these kinds of extreme level gaps on my low levels and see the sideboard as the only balancing factor, you take that away and it breaks the system considering these types of matches.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
mattyv07 wrote:
I was doing a match the other day and i was getting ready to attack when the other player who had less than 1000 health used the basilisk spell on me and I died. This was not a ranked pvp but if it was I would have been really annoyed. People should not be able to use spells like these that they have not earned. It is one level below cheathing. Someone needs to stop this.

Grandmaster balance
Master Necromancer
Unfortunately, I must repeat myself: Treasure Cards are not illegal and not cheating. Had he spammed Bolt and all of them done 1000, maybe. But he used one, readily-available, easily found, Treasure Card. You can buy them at the Bazaar. You can get the from Hoard Packs. They. Are. Fine.

Explorer
Dec 12, 2010
I am sorry but my opinion is the opposite, everyone can get gold somehow so they can get treasure cards. I don't see why it is a big deal and everyone is making a fuss. Ya, I get mad some times too but hey that's the way it is or PvP would be nothing to everyone.

-Savvy DarkHunter Lvl 23 Life Captain

Defender
Jul 28, 2009
I agree but not all the way agreeing Wizard101 chose to let us wizards use treasure cards (TC) so if you think its not fair to use tc then idk what to do but I dont use tc myself because that usaully becomes a fight at the end of a pvp match so yea i just think this was Wizard101 idea and i respect it :)

Destiny DeathBlade
Lvl 53 Myth

Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
XxCandyClanCanxX wrote:

I disagree with your disagreement. First of all unless that journeyman has a rank of like 2000, then he/she wont be fighting a grandmaster. second of all, grandmaster and journeyman arent that far apart. All the non wintertusk crafted gear has terrible stats prior to level 58. The distance from a level 57 to a level 60 is a landslide, but the distance between level 15 and 57 is nothing. Thats why so many wizards have trouble when they get to celestia, and wintertusk. They are basicly a bunch of journeyman with a little better spells, and extremely good gear. No matter how bad the system is, a journeyman will not be fighting a legendary wizard. Even if they do which they wont, that journeyman will have a good strategy that works on a variety of people of different schools levels, and ranks. Whereas the legend is probably up there just trying to see how high he/she can hit.

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
thejordanator wrote:
XxCandyClanCanxX wrote:

I disagree with your disagreement. First of all unless that journeyman has a rank of like 2000, then he/she wont be fighting a grandmaster. second of all, grandmaster and journeyman arent that far apart. All the non wintertusk crafted gear has terrible stats prior to level 58. The distance from a level 57 to a level 60 is a landslide, but the distance between level 15 and 57 is nothing. Thats why so many wizards have trouble when they get to celestia, and wintertusk. They are basicly a bunch of journeyman with a little better spells, and extremely good gear. No matter how bad the system is, a journeyman will not be fighting a legendary wizard. Even if they do which they wont, that journeyman will have a good strategy that works on a variety of people of different schools levels, and ranks. Whereas the legend is probably up there just trying to see how high he/she can hit.
My journeyman 15 (1060)fights privates between lvl 40-50. It's is not out if the realm of possibility for a sub private(under 500 rank) GM to face a journeyman.