Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Shields

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 22, 2012
This might be a stupid question, but how do you get the three shields for defense? The ones that go around your character to defend against attacks. Thanks in advance. :P

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
worm123817 wrote:
This might be a stupid question, but how do you get the three shields for defense? The ones that go around your character to defend against attacks. Thanks in advance. :P

I believe you maybe talking about the ones offered by Niles on the Krockophinx island in Krocatopia? Some amulets come with them and there are treasure cards of them also.

Explorer
Jun 22, 2012
No. Those are for attacking. The ones I want are for defense. Three shields that go around me and when attacked the shields block some of damage.

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
Those are trainable from Niles, near the Krokoshpinx as the first person said. Both traps and shields.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Everyone seems to be confusing the traps and blades with the shields.

The shields are available to Balance wizards only. However, there are treasure cards of each. Spirit shield and Elemental shield. They are in the bazaar.

Explorer
May 07, 2011
Those are trainable from Niles, near the Krokoshpinx as the first person said. Both traps and shields.

Niles trains Blades and TRAPS, not shields. The elemental and spirit shields are obtainable by balance only, One after Ravenwood tour, the other after Cyclops Lane.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
You get spirit and elemental shields (if your balance)

Elemental shield:
-50% dmg to fire
-50% dmg to ice
-50% dmg to storm

Spirit shield:
-50% dmg from myth
-50% dmg from life
-50% dmg from death

And for balance attacks, your gonna need to train tower shield from ice at lvl 16.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
Are you sure that those shields are trainable?

I thought they were exlusive to the Balance school. Elemental shield and Spirit Shield. The Elemental and Spirit blades and traps are trainable, but not the shields.

Unless that has changed.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
worm123817 wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the OP is referring to the -50% triple (elemental and spirit) shields.

If so, both are Balance-only quest spells; other schools can only get them as item cards or treasures. There's an amulet (dragon's shield, I think) that drops from Mimir Winterbane in Wintertusk, and it gives one of each.

Hope this helps!

Laura/El Veeb
archmage sorceress

Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
Guys i beleive he is talking about the spirit and elemental SHIELDS not blades. Well First off all, if you arent a balance wizard, sadly you cannot get the real card. However, if you are balance, you must defeat lady blackhope i beleive (correct me if i am wrong). That will get you elemental shields. Then i beleive at the end of either Kroktopia, or Collosus blvd, or the krokospinx, You will get the spirit shield spell. Good luck to you!

Explorer
Jun 16, 2012
You can buy Treasure Cards or you can learn them from the Balance School. :)

-Emily S. Magus Pyromancer