Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Thee fix to the problem with amber reagent

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 21, 2009
OK I've sooooo biggest problem with the game that is making a lot and i mean A LOT. (me just slightly) extremely angry over the amber reagent. so it seems this is the problem. its just not worth transmuting. no bosses drop it. and to ensure you get just 1 from gardening you have to plant 7 white tiger lilies so the odds meet up to produce 1. here is the fix to all that madness and let me be the first to tell you that this will be the most bought item in the crowns shop. 2 things

1 add it as an ultra rare item to ALL the hoard packs. all of them.

2 sell it for 750 crowns per wad of amber.

makes it simpler so it just like farming for the seeds like king parsley that drop it you have to ways of getting it. cost effective but time consuming or the opposite. so there's the light bulb, KingsIsle you flip the switch

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Sounds reasonable, how about in MOST. (I dont think people expect to find it in Moolinda Wu Gardening packs, lol) 750 sounds reasonable also. Although if it were up to me, I would say 850. (1000 is way to high, for 1 reagent)
Packs I think personally should include amber:
Wyvern's Hoard Pack (As an ultra-rare item)
Dragon's Hoard Pack (As an ultra-rare item)
Remarkable Reagents (As an ultra-rare)
Hydra's Hoard Pack (As an epic item)
Emporer's Attic Hoard Pack (As a rare item)
Ninja's Lore Hoard Pack (As an Ultra-rare item)

Thats just my opinion though.
I think the only plant they raise the drop rate from bosses of, is white tiger lilies. Those are the only troublemakers. (They are in one pack though, I cant remember which) :P

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
Amber is just highlighting the same problems that keeps popping up with crafting reagents; lack of balance between challenge to obtain components and number needed for item or items. There should be a challenge for high level and exceptional items. The problem that keeps happening is that there are too many people going after the same thing or you have to keep farming a specific dungeon through its entirety to have a chance to obtain one of an item. Then a month it two later KI adds in more drops, lowers transmute requirements, and/or allows it into the bazaar. There needs to be balance in the recipes, but amber I skewing the whole crafting process up as now instead of harvesting and occasional drop from boss it is morphing into massive gardening, boss & dungeon farming. I appreciate a challenge, but now it is becoming monotonous as I am ready with one and close to ready with another spell and all I lack is amber between both spell recipes I only have 1 of 24 needed. Amber being the latest 'epic' reagent is beginning to make process too laborious to remain fun for me.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Krailzec wrote:
Amber is just highlighting the same problems that keeps popping up with crafting reagents; lack of balance between challenge to obtain components and number needed for item or items. There should be a challenge for high level and exceptional items. The problem that keeps happening is that there are too many people going after the same thing or you have to keep farming a specific dungeon through its entirety to have a chance to obtain one of an item. Then a month it two later KI adds in more drops, lowers transmute requirements, and/or allows it into the bazaar. There needs to be balance in the recipes, but amber I skewing the whole crafting process up as now instead of harvesting and occasional drop from boss it is morphing into massive gardening, boss & dungeon farming. I appreciate a challenge, but now it is becoming monotonous as I am ready with one and close to ready with another spell and all I lack is amber between both spell recipes I only have 1 of 24 needed. Amber being the latest 'epic' reagent is beginning to make process too laborious to remain fun for me.

If KI adds an easier way to get amber after those who went through the trouble of getting all they needed for it, those people are going to facepalm XD. Btw, I am not sure what your stance was on this, did you like the idea or not? Just out of mere curiousity.