Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Question about Big Ben.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 09, 2009
I did not know where to put this. So i'm putting it here. I a while back I saw someone in one of the threads in the message boards say Big ben was impossable to beat by yourself. Is it true.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
vooby9 wrote:
I did not know where to put this. So i'm putting it here. I a while back I saw someone in one of the threads in the message boards say Big ben was impossable to beat by yourself. Is it true.

Not impossible, and not a glitch... Extremely-difficult to solo, at the level it's made for, but it can be done.

Back when she was a baby wizard, my sorcerer soloed Big Ben... it was a boring and long-winded run, and it took her 6 hours (probably because I had just started playing and didn't really know what I was doing back then) to complete.

I suggest finding some friends to quest with (use henchmen, if no friends are available). If you absolutely must solo the instance (which I did, because I'm on the wrong coast, apparently), then good luck to you!

-El Veeb
the Archmage of Awesomeness

For future reference, Halston's Lab is for glitches only~ there are forums for each world, current game-chat, and even ideas, and using the appropriate one will guarantee you better replies. Please read the descriptions before you post.

(Mods, please move this thread to either Marleybone or Ravenwood Commons.)

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
vooby9 wrote:
I did not know where to put this. So i'm putting it here. I a while back I saw someone in one of the threads in the message boards say Big Ben was impossible to beat by yourself. Is it true.

No it is not true, you most certainly can do this event solo - I have done it with my Death, Balance and Storm wizard so far. You may need to work the rules of the instance such as walking back down for wisps, if defeated re-health/mana and re-enter alone and so on but it can be done.

Alot depends on your play style, gear, deck construction, on how well it goes or doesn't.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
It's not impossible. So far, I have had 3 wizards go through Big Ben solo, my Balance, Ice, and Death. Soon, my Myth will be doing Big Ben, and I expect her to go solo.

It's not that I want to go solo, but there isn't anyone around that can help me at the time I need it, so, I always pack my deck for a solo player.

It's not easy to do. You have the East and West tower, then you go into Big Ben itself.

If you have friends to help, great! If not, make sure you have all your potion bottles filled, you pack lots of health (especially Sprite), and when you enter each area, be sure to stop for a moment, look at the school of the boss/mob you'll be fighting, and readjust your deck accordingly.

If you die, you go back in and try again. You might need to change your strategy, but this is how you learn to play your wizard, no matter what school they're from.

Defender
Apr 24, 2009
vooby9 wrote:

WOW! he is wrong in so many ways.

I am a level 80 fire. I can finish big ben easy. Better yet on the first round, just by using meteor, and on the bosses, i might throw in a fireblade and maybe elemental blade and meowiarty is meowi-dead. (worst pun ever, i think)

Defender
May 15, 2010
vooby9 wrote:
I soloed it on my ice. And once you are a higher level like my death...
It's pathetic.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
vooby9 wrote:

It's not impossible at all. I soloed Big Ben with wizards of pretty much every school. You just have to plan for it and learn to mark/port or to know where the life/mana wisps are. 8)

Explorer
Jun 16, 2012