Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

ice gone to the best school?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 01, 2011
Excuse me i need a question about something ice is becoming way to strong first of all i watched something and there was an ice armor that lets storm be immune that is not good storm people are now gonna struggle in pvp what are the storm wizards gonna do no i am not saying ice is overpowered ice is my favorite school. I am just saying that storm people will be horrified to pvp because of low health and immune to ice.

Thomas StormLeaf
Archmage balance

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
Welcome to the pvp forum where of right now we are happening to be arguing about ice. Yea there is a huge battle going on about ice right now to be honest I don' even know anymore. Ice can gain immunity to storm and fire while having decent stats to everything else. People argue for ice to gain immunity they must lose other stats but they really don't thats the thing. Their gear is amazing compared to everyone elses so as of right now I consider them op. It doesn't affect me too badly since I am a spirit school and I don't do a ton of 1v1.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
skywarrior342 wrote:
Excuse me i need a question about something ice is becoming way to strong first of all i watched something and there was an ice armor that lets storm be immune that is not good storm people are now gonna struggle in pvp what are the storm wizards gonna do no i am not saying ice is overpowered ice is my favorite school. I am just saying that storm people will be horrified to pvp because of low health and immune to ice.

Thomas StormLeaf
Archmage balance

No offense, but you seriously need to use punctuation and capitalization because your posts are nearly impossible to read.

Everyone has complained about Ice... and Storm. sorry, this is nothing new.

Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
Hmm, whats this, the 20th thread about this now? Everyone is aware of their immunity? A similar scenario to the one we are experiencing now was what created the waterworks gear, so maybe other schools will be getting better gear in the near future, who knows.

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
RavenLady777 wrote:
skywarrior342 wrote:

Thomas StormLeaf
Archmage balance

No offense, but you seriously need to use punctuation and capitalization because your posts are nearly impossible to read.

Everyone has complained about Ice... and Storm. sorry, this is nothing new.

You seem to forget this is a game for all ages... It really saddens me how inconsiderate people like you can get when replying to a concern here in the pvp forums.

Do you really need punctuation to understand what the OP is saying? He is frustrated at the inability to do damage against an ice with his storm wizard. This frustration (100% immunity ice has against storm) has moved him enough to write a post about it so show some respect.

Ps: How is my punctuation?

Mastermind
Oct 15, 2010
Seriously people. This is like the 100th time. Yes, I'm Ice. But if you think Ice is that OP, switch to Ice for crying out loud.

-Evan Shadow Ice80

Survivor
May 26, 2012
I do agree Ice is pretty powerful now that they are getting some good spells.

I think either the amount of health or defense ice can get should be lowered just a little to match up with the newer, more powerful spells. With high health and high resist, they are already hard to fight. Now with good spells, especially in a 1v1, they can defeat their opponent pretty easily before they themselves are defeated.

Ice is more often than not known for its resist, so if it were my decision I would give ice less health.

Maria Earthflower
Ice Level 15
Balance Level 16
Life Level 77

Explorer
Jun 04, 2011
I honestly don't agree with you. I'm an Ice Wizard and I don't think that they are THAT overpowering. I mean, yeah, we have high health and not much fizzling, but Ice attack spells are really quite low damage. Storm wizards' Storm Shark spell does more damage than Ice Wyvern, a 4th rank spell! Anyway, if you want a more powerful wizard, consider your secondary school (or first school) I don't think you should really blame Ice wizards for being hard to beat.

Survivor
May 26, 2012
The higher level ice wizards have a lot of resist and their spells do get stronger.

Defender
Jun 23, 2011
vaneairdbe wrote:
Seriously people. This is like the 100th time. Yes, I'm Ice. But if you think Ice is that OP, switch to Ice for crying out loud.

-Evan Shadow Ice80

you know we love our school and it is not easy start form lvl1 all the way to lvl80!!! i belive someday this will change

Defender
Jun 23, 2011
i belive we've just wait till things change ps:i'm a death wizard

Defender
Jun 23, 2011
goldencrumb07 wrote:
I honestly don't agree with you. I'm an Ice Wizard and I don't think that they are THAT overpowering. I mean, yeah, we have high health and not much fizzling, but Ice attack spells are really quite low damage. Storm wizards' Storm Shark spell does more damage than Ice Wyvern, a 4th rank spell! Anyway, if you want a more powerful wizard, consider your secondary school (or first school) I don't think you should really blame Ice wizards for being hard to beat.

you would say that because you are a ice wizard :?

ps: i think death is the best school! 8)

Defender
Aug 01, 2011
vaneairdbe wrote:

-Evan Shadow Ice80
You don't have to be mean about it.

Defender
Aug 01, 2011
Everyone I am not saying that Ice is overpowered i just mean that the immunity could be a little tough for storm and Ice wizards calm down also what is with the punctuation to read someone? It is not the end of the world if we make mistakes on the message boards Ice is my favorite school plus i never knew ice already had this immunity okay?

Thomas StormLeaf
Archmage Balance

Defender
Aug 01, 2011
goldencrumb07 wrote:
I am not blaming Ice! I said it is my favorite school in my post.

Thomas StormLeaf
Archmage Balance

Mastermind
Oct 15, 2010
gougou101 wrote:
vaneairdbe wrote:

-Evan Shadow Ice80

you know we love our school and it is not easy start form lvl1 all the way to lvl80!!! i belive someday this will change

If you don't want to take the effort to do that, then please stop complaining.

Defender
Jun 23, 2011
vaneairdbe wrote:
gougou101 wrote:
vaneairdbe wrote:

-Evan Shadow Ice80

If you don't want to take the effort to do that, then please stop complaining.

ice vs death i think death wins :?
i'm a pvp commander i meet ice warlords like everyfight but i still beat them :?

Defender
Jun 23, 2011
put it this way if every school gone overpowered but ice that would be unfari
really hope KI would fix that

Defender
Aug 03, 2011
Hey guys, remember the saying, fight fire with fire? Well, use that to your advantage! Fight crafting gear with crafting gear! With this new stuff my life can get up to 200+ critical rating. I just loose about 15% resist to all other school but get some extra resist to myth and death :D I manage to gain 300 more health and loose maybe 2% damage but i get legion shield tc from boots and only loose very slight thing to everything else. Also, thanks to the gear +5% from my pet I have 103% accuracy to life. You should try it guys