Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Cant Beat belloq

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 04, 2011
my husband and i play wizards 101...we need help beating belloq...we are central time zone which is kansas,usa. we tried the balance dispell card on him..but he still beats us with ra..in 3 rounds...we dont know how to finsh this and we need help...so anyone please respond asap! thanks so much!

william wildcloud(lvl 70 life wizard) and samantha rainbow(lvl 70 life wizard)

Survivor
Dec 05, 2010
Well first off, he cheats so thats a problem....... my friends and i were playing and noticed he cheats. to defeat him you need 4 players, its not so easy ice defeats him pretty well, i know for a fact..... i am ice! you need to attack every single round to defeat him, he criticals, and cheats and btw..... i am level 39!!!!!!! hope that helps.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
addie222 wrote:
my husband and i play wizards 101...we need help beating belloq...we are central time zone which is kansas,usa. we tried the balance dispell card on him..but he still beats us with ra..in 3 rounds...we dont know how to finsh this and we need help...so anyone please respond asap! thanks so much!

This boss can be done with 2 wizards, his cheat is that you must hit him with something - even a wand will do, every round.

What I do when I fight this boss is load my deck with 1 and 2 pips spells only and I am the hit every round person and the other person builds up for hitting. Take out the boss first of course. If you hit him successfully every round there will be no RA, with your schools being life you have a good chance of no fizzle so probably won't even be hit once with RA.

We are a husband and wife team also, good to see others around the Spiral.

I research a lot of these types of fights, cheating boss ones, at www.WizardCentral101.com.

Explorer
Feb 22, 2011
Delver
Oct 05, 2010
I recommend that the fire spams link,fire elf, or power link at belloq constantly so he will not cast Ra while the life wizard does the real damage.

Survivor
Jan 21, 2012
Hi! I actually soloed this one, it took a few goes, but it was doable. I set my deck up so that I had a lot of DOT (damage over time) spells, and made sure that I had one of those on Belloq at all times. During the time when I didn't have to attack him because of the DOT spells, I would save up pips and use blades/traps.

Keep in mind that I am a death student, so I was able to use wraith or scarecrow so I could gain some health back during the battle (which also allowed me to kill off the minion).

I think that with two of you, as long as one of you focuses on using DOT spells and the other one defeats minion, it should be a lot easier for you.

Hope this helps, or maybe gives you another strategy idea :)

Defender
May 15, 2010
You gotta attack him every round. I sold my wand. You thought you were having troubles...

Community Leader
Attack over time spells help a lot. Main thing is you have to hit every turn.

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
My wife and I defeated him last night. We did not know of his cheats so it took us two times. You can do it with two wizards. Solo I think would be really difficult.
If you have another wizard with you, have one wizard build up pips for a big shot, and the other one attack every round. It worked for us.
I never had so much fun tossing Dark Fairies!
I actually liked his rule. We had not really been challenged for a while.
Good luck!

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Ok, so I JUST soloed Belloq, so I KNOW it can be done. I'm a L73 Pyro, had my phoenix pet (which cast sprite 4 or 5 few times) used the bundle of Eternal Flame Deck with the following cards:

8 of:
Fire Elf (my power pip chance is 70% so I could almost cast this every round if it came up that way - when he got down to about 600 HP, I pumped these on every round to give me the guarantee win)
Fire Blades
Power Link (for the healing ability along with power pip usage)
Scald (that extra punch and helped eliminate his partner)

6 of:
Pixie (for those times I could afford to waste 2 pips)
Sprite (so I could make sure I was almost always healing - got a crit on this which helped keep me topped up)
Heck Hounds (for when you need a 1 pip DoT card)
Elemental Blade (used one)

5 Major Blaze (Wand Spell)
4 Fire Dragon (in case I could afford the punch)
2 Amplify (used once)
2 Fortify (didnt use)
1 Firezilla (Amulet spell) - never came up
1 Phoenix (Pet Spell) - discarded

My strategy going into it was this:
1) Bring enough offensive cards with me to have the extremely long fight if that's how it was going to turn out
2) Bring enough health cards to give me a chance to fight by healing when the DoT cards were doing their job

That's it. I HOPED I would win, and did, but I'll admit I know I got lucky draws and hits (and even an occasional critical heal and hit on his friend). I NEVER fizzled, hit every round, was able to use blades once or twice and tack them on to Scald to kill his friend. In hindsight, I probably should not have waited until after the DoT spells ended, and didn't think about it until the end of the fight when his death was in sight, but not guaranteed. if I had to do it differently, I would use the next DoT spell on the THIRD round not the round AFTER it stopped to guarantee me time in case of fizzling.

Hope this helps

Survivor
Feb 28, 2011
addie222 wrote:

If y'all both fight on the same account, and just take turns, then:

I can help y'all through that. I am also in the central time zone. Since this won't post for 12-24 hours, how about meet you, or y'all, in front of belloq's house at say 730 pm central time, in the Torrence realm. My wizard is Steven Hawk.

If y'all have two different accounts and quest together, then:
One of you pack your deck with 2 or 3 pip hits and attack Bellaq every round, no more than every other round. The other should pack deck with their bigger hits, blade up, trap if you like traps, and he will be dead with one or two hits. Taking out the minion right away makes it easier too.

Hope this helps. I will hang in front of Bellaq's house for about 20-30 mins before giving up (more patient than most :D and I love it!).

Steven Hawk
Archmage Life
Archmage Fire
Archmage Storm

Explorer
Mar 19, 2010
woohoo glad a a pyromancer since most of our attacks inflict damage over time which is the perfect thing snce you need to damage him every turn

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
yes Zac, us Pyros have a clear advantage there, however, and fortunately, Fire Elf can be bough cheaply, and doesn't cost much to cast, so it's very user friendly. I went in there, as you saw by my card selection, with nothing above scald. Anything above that was "worthless" due to PIP time. i took the approach of, "If I cant cast the spell by the time the last one is done, I don't want it". As a death wizard for my second class, when I meet him again, I'll have Fire Elf handy and ready to go as well; just soooo friendly like that :)

Survivor
Oct 02, 2010
I tried to solo Belloq, I set my deck up with power link treasure cards and he still tossed RA, I had purchased a minion, got taken out by a RA but my minion was still in, Belloq tossed another RA

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
slack3r, have a Pyro friend help you out. It seems you're just having bad luck. If you can't find somebody to give you a hand, let me know the time you'll be on (Im on Eastern US time), world, and I'll try to help you out :)