Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Symbol on Wand Card?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 03, 2012
I was looking at the wands available at my level and I notice that some have a +1 with a small black and gray circle- not the one for pips (sun in yellow) I can't find anywhere that tells me what that symbolizes. I probably will smack my forehead when I find out, but right now I am clueless. Any help would be appreciated.

Sairai Thundergrove, Magus Pyromancer

Explorer
May 07, 2011
It gives you one extra normal pip at the start of the battle. Later on you will get wands that give you a power pip at the start of the battle, along with a power/normal pip.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Darlar828 wrote:
I was looking at the wands available at my level and I notice that some have a +1 with a small black and gray circle- not the one for pips (sun in yellow) I can't find anywhere that tells me what that symbolizes. I probably will smack my forehead when I find out, but right now I am clueless. Any help would be appreciated.

It represents an extra pip. With those wands equipped, you start with 2 pips.

Survivor
May 21, 2012
Darlar828 wrote:

the black w/ white is for a regular white pip while the yellow one is for a gold pip ( the ones that work like 2 pips for your school spells )

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Darlar828 wrote:

It means you gain one regular pip (not a powerpip). It isn't in the player handbook, but I'm pretty sure it is in the in-game help tab (? mark tab in your book).

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Darlar828 wrote:

A small black and grey circle means +1 NORMAL pip. The one you were talking about was a POWER pip. Dueling Diego explains this.