Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Bunch of questions

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 21, 2010
I have many questions and instead of going to each section to put them, I thought I would just ask them all at once. Plus, maybe others have the same thoughts/questions.

1: how do the other players get to jump in an attack like they summoned themselves?
2: how do the pets get their abilities to help in combat?
3: where do i find scrap irom
4: where do i find the vendor that sells the recipes for ice mages?
5: anyone else having difficults with hugging the walls/sidewalks and still ending up in combat?

I think that is all I have right now. Thank you for your time and happy wizarding.

Morgrim Frosthammer

Administrator
GrimmEvil wrote:
I have many questions and instead of going to each section to put them, I thought I would just ask them all at once. Plus, maybe others have the same thoughts/questions.

1: how do the other players get to jump in an attack like they summoned themselves?
These are physical attacks, these attacks predominantly come with the type of weapon you have equipped, specifically a sword or other melee type weapon

GrimmEvil wrote:
2: how do the pets get their abilities to help in combat?
Train them up and the will learn new abilities. Your pet starts off as a Baby with no Talents or Derby Powers. When it becomes a Teen it will get one Talent and one Derby Power. Each level your pet gains will give it one new Talent and one new Derby Power so that every Epic pet will have four Talents and four Derby Powers.

GrimmEvil wrote:
3: where do i find scrap irom

If you're lucky and/or quick - the Bazaar in Olde Town. Otherwise it can be found on the ground in Marleybone and other worlds of the Spiral.

GrimmEvil wrote:
4: where do i find the vendor that sells the recipes for ice mages?
This is where our wonderful fansites come into place. Check http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Category:Crafting and http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=120 for that kind of information.

GrimmEvil wrote:
5: anyone else having difficults with hugging the walls/sidewalks and still ending up in combat?
Where your computer thinks you are and where the server thinks you are can sometimes get out of synchronization - try to keep as far away from creatures you do not wish to tangle with. Cutting corners or thinking they can't see you usually ends up in an unwanted duel.

GrimmEvil wrote:
I think that is all I have right now. Thank you for your time and happy wizarding.

Morgrim Frosthammer

Have fun and good adventures in the Spiral!

community@wizard101.com
Defender
May 24, 2012
From experience I know that getting caught by some ghost when you're on your way to somewhere else is frustrating. In this game patience is one of your biggest assets. The "touchiness" of the environments also progresses as the game does. In Marleybone it's very easy to get caught because there are characters coming from two directions sometimes. I'm at level 32 and I'm still running. No mount. If your mount is huge (elephant) that may be a factor. It's hard to stay to the side when you're bigger than the sidewalk. There are times I've had to go full circle to progress 5 feet simply because it involved going around a planter. Watch the pattern of your enemy and take your time. You don't have to finish the whole game in two days.

Explorer
Jul 31, 2011
AS far as players appearing all of a sudden is battle, sometimes they may port to you, or another person within the battle circle... sometimes they have logged off or lost connection in an area where battles take place, so when they log on, surprise there they are.... sometimes, especially in busier realms or with older/slower computers, you may see a player "sucked" or pulled into battle across the entire street or to the end of a block.

As far as training your pets, you can search the Pet Wiki for the listing of each pet and their favorite snacks. Find the favorite snacks in the Bizarre and the best game to train your pet with is the Maze game, all of my friends use that one. My life pets LOVE life snacks.... so same school snacks sometimes work best. You can also do the online KIFreegames to win codes for free stuff and Grub Guardian is a pet training game that you can do when not playing wizard101 and still train your pet! (Thank you KI for this game!)

Some areas are better than others when it comes to navigation/walking. My main tip is to stay on perfect realms and stay away from the busy ones while traveling.... then IF you need help, you can always stand somewhere safe and change to a busier realm to ask to join others on quests.

Also, although mounts, especially the big ones (we have no elephant) like Hydra, Rhino, Owl, Bone Dragon, Wyverns and a few others tend to at least make you feel like you are more clumsy and in the end may get pulled into more battles.

So in short, walking or a broom is best, wings second best... but you may find another mount more comfortable... try one of the cats... remember some crown mounts you can also purchase with gold :D

Also, once you get used to each world and area, you will become more comfortable with walking and otherwise moving around the game on even the biggest of mounts. Avalon, Wysteria, WinterTusk and parts of Zafaria each gave me a bit of trouble the first day I was there, but within a short amount of time moving around questing I learned the patterns of MOBS and where the safer areas are. Even today once and awhile when helping friends I still get pulled in parts of Krokatopia and the dreaded Kensington Park in Marleybone.. ugh it embarrasses me, but some places are tougher than others.

I hope I have also been able to help you... happy questing, hope to see you on the spiral!
Jennifer LifeHeart lvl80 Life