Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Odd things happening

AuthorMessage
Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
I have been questing with new wizards over the past week and have come across some odd things. In my Life school house there is a bent over gear puppet standing right next to Moolunda and the book on Life School in the left hand corner is missing. On several occasions pets have been abandoned in the streets, a fire cat so far has been the longest in the Dark Cave. This is over 4 different computers none over a few years old and all video cards updated. My quad has a separate video card and is less then a yr old.

On an unrelated note, my quest arrow now has a mind of it's own. I know it's been revamped but - it is so unpredictable on what it will decide I should do I have all but given up using it. The most annoying part is if I take a quest where no arrow is actually allowed like collect stinkweed, it actually keeps that quest over the experience bar till I take another quest that changes it - ugh. Lucky for me I know where I am and where I have been though Zafaria, so the quest arrow can now just be a general guide for when I really don't know.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
brwac wrote:
I have been questing with new wizards over the past week and have come across some odd things. In my Life school house there is a bent over gear puppet standing right next to Moolunda and the book on Life School in the left hand corner is missing. On several occasions pets have been abandoned in the streets, a fire cat so far has been the longest in the Dark Cave. This is over 4 different computers none over a few years old and all video cards updated. My quad has a separate video card and is less then a yr old.

On an unrelated note, my quest arrow now has a mind of it's own. I know it's been revamped but - it is so unpredictable on what it will decide I should do I have all but given up using it. The most annoying part is if I take a quest where no arrow is actually allowed like collect stinkweed, it actually keeps that quest over the experience bar till I take another quest that changes it - ugh. Lucky for me I know where I am and where I have been though Zafaria, so the quest arrow can now just be a general guide for when I really don't know.

I'm not sure about the first issue, but the quest arrow thing is still not working (even the way KI intends for it to work). Two live pushes and a stint on the test realm and the quest arrow is still doing "selective listening." I've noticed that it isn't just quests either. I can do the same exact quest with two different wizards and the quest arrow will work correctly for one, but not the other. Strange....

Survivor
Mar 29, 2012
I saw one of the abandoned pets last night in the Haunted Cave. When I was fighting some of the Field Guards, a banshee named "Mister Muffin" would occasionally be sitting in the second circle from the left (two circles to my left) while I fought!

Survivor
Mar 31, 2012
What is weird is that I found a firecat in every battle area in WC. haven't seen any in Krok or Grizzleheim. I found them in Firecat alley, trinton ave. Cyclops lane, dark cave, haunted cave, even one in unicorn way! I also found one in in olde town......

Caitlin StrongTalon, adept theugist, a Krok thrasher and wiz city protecter8)

P.S. sometimes in battle, there is a hat that is black and red right next to me.
Can someone tell me the meaning of that?

Defender
Mar 24, 2009
In my Life school house there is a bent over gear puppet standing right next to Moolunda and the book on Life School in the left hand corner is missing.

This is actually a quest for the Life school students. It's a level (#)8 quest, not sure which. Are you playing on a life character? If so, do that quest!

On several occasions pets have been abandoned in the streets, a fire cat so far has been the longest in the Dark Cave.

This is a known bug, it usually happens when people are lagging (on any end).

my quest arrow now has a mind of it's own. I know it's been revamped but - it is so unpredictable on what it will decide I should do I have all but given up using it. The most annoying part is if I take a quest where no arrow is actually allowed like collect stinkweed, it actually keeps that quest over the experience bar till I take another quest that changes it - ugh.

Another bug that Kingsisle is working hard to fix. :)

Hope I helped somewhat...

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
scarywhitegirl wrote:
I saw one of the abandoned pets last night in the Haunted Cave. When I was fighting some of the Field Guards, a banshee named "Mister Muffin" would occasionally be sitting in the second circle from the left (two circles to my left) while I fought!

Mister Muffin? Why didn't I think of that!
I always give my pets the most random names.

Survivor
Dec 18, 2010
tt must be still loading, this same thing happened to me... Nothing to worry about.