Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Tower shield or healing?

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 17, 2011
Hi. I have a level 16 balance wizard. I am currently learning death as my secondary school, but only up to feint. I know that I should learn ice up to tower shield, but it seems like a bit much for one spell. Should I learn life instead (I really want some good heals) or ice? I am mainly just doing pvm, no pvp. I am also soloing for some of wizard101, but playing with other people also.

So what should I do?

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
I took my Balance wizard though MarleyBone solo with out much ado, I did get kicked out of Big Ben a few times but did complete it solo, DragonSprye in some areas became an issue. I forgo on the secondary as I got a bad taste for it on my first wizard and was lucky to have enough points for the Sun boost spells starting at Giant and was glad I didn't have to take the accuracy ones to get them all in Celestia. I do get the Blades from Niles in Krocotopia, at level 56 I have the crafted helmet which offers a blade, also an amulet or 2 now come with 0 pip blades, blade up and boost with the Sun spells and you can one hit a lot of stuff. You can get an amulet with Feint which actually only puts a 20% trap instead of 30 on you and I also have a pet with it so can use that when needed. I use Treasure cards and a Spritely pet for my bonus health benefits but if you get a go combo of gear and deck construction going neither are needed much.

With the advanced gear now available in the game I am not sure the old stand by of Ice to Tower, Death to Feint and Life to Satyr is so valid as it used to be. I am able to add damage, pips etc much earlier in the game then I used to be able to, starting in the 20's. With the side worlds I am able to level my wizard higher for the challenges of the new regular worlds it enters, excluding Grizzlehiem of course, you have to do that just for the spells and pet.

In the end accept for the fupas made with my first wizard all my future ones are true to their school and I hone them into lean mean fighting machines.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
laulenak wrote:
Hi. I have a level 16 balance wizard. I am currently learning death as my secondary school, but only up to feint. I know that I should learn ice up to tower shield, but it seems like a bit much for one spell. Should I learn life instead (I really want some good heals) or ice? I am mainly just doing pvm, no pvp. I am also soloing for some of wizard101, but playing with other people also.

So what should I do?

Hi, laulenak~ Balance wizards get school-only heals later; they're heal-over-time spells, but both are just as good as (if not better than) Life's healing spells and will do fine. Until you get them, just use your Pixie; pack some Satyrs in your treasure deck, if you really want to, but it's not required.

I'm a (mostly solo) PvE player only, and our own healing spells have served me well (I wouldn't be level 80 if they didn't, haha); with the right gear, I can out-heal any Life wizard I team up with. My sorcerer has no secondary school~ I had fire and death, but bought back my training points and now just use the celestial spells; I did train Death to Feint, but only use it for boss fights~ same with Stun Block. And Balance has so many shields that I really wouldn't bother with Tower, either.

/my 2 cents, for what it's worth.

-El Veeb/Laura Shadowsong
the Archmage of Awesomeness

(level 80 Balance)

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Take your time in what to use your training points for. Death to Feint is good. If you don't want to train Ice to Tower, then don't worry about it. My L80 Balance does not have the Tower Shield. Instead, I made sure to have plenty of training points for Celestia to get the Sun and Star school spells, and have plenty of training points left over.

If you want a little extra shield boost (without costing extra pips to use the tri-shields), then think about training some or all of the 80% shields you can get in the Commons Fairground area.

Be sure to get your free Dispel and train for Reshuffle when you hit the appropriate levels. You can find the trainer in Colossus Blvd, near Mindy Pixiecrown.

Defender
May 17, 2011
Thanks, guys . I will learn life up to satyr and save the rest for sun moon and star, using any extras for blades and shields.

Thanks!

Mastermind
Mar 28, 2009
My level 32 balance warlord trained ice-tower
death-feint

I never use tc but I lose to the pvpers who cant win without them -.-

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
Regardless of what equipment you will wear in the future, Tower shield will be invaluable. HOWEVER. Balance wizard naturally has 50% shields against all elements except balance, so, there really is no dire need to get Tower shield with a Balance wizard.

But, keep in mind, if you do PvP, you should invest in the tower shield nevertheless, you will never know against which wizards you will duel.

By end of the game, you will have more training points than you can count (along those lines), so you will be able to train everything in everything (in terms of feint, tower, satyr, etc).

I'd recommend Satyr over Tower for Balance, and Tower over Satyr for all others.

Edited: Spelling correction.