Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A nugget of truth from Central

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 10, 2010
Reflexion wrote:
There have been so many complaints over the years about pvp, and I would like to get something in people's heads and make it stick.

First off, people often complain about rudeness in pvp. Do you think that pvp makes them rude? No. If someone is gonna be rude/be a troll, then they will do just that, regardless of whether or not they are in the pvp arena. They are rude in PvE as well, so I find that ridiculous.

Secondly, many people seem to think warlords are arrogant and rude, which is not true at all. Sure, there are some rude people out there who happen to win pvp matches and get to warlord, but does that mean all warlords are rude? My whole list is full of commanders/warlords, and every one of them is very kind, so this argument makes no sense.

Third, when people complain about pvp issues, PvE people say that pvp messes up questing because KI changes so many things. Just because pvpers complain, doesn't mean the spell isn't broken in pve too. You honestly think that guardian spirit doesn't make questing broken? Questing is meant to be atleast a little difficult, but now you can die and come right back, which is not what should be happening. Same with wild bolt, that made questing so easy, especially now with all these boosts, especially with accuracy and such, questing would be a cake walk. And then there are people who think pvp should be removed just because they don't like it. Please. If people are rude, or things are broken in pvp, they are just as rude and broken in PvE. So if someone is rude to me in PvE, PvE should be removed? No. And believe it or not, there are actually nice people out there who enjoy pvp. Yeah, I know, it's a shock.

Lastly, I want to thank every one of you nice duelists out there for being just that, nice. Don't listen to people who say everyone is rude in pvp, because I know you guys are overlooked. Thank you for making pvp enjoyable.

This post was not intented to offend anyone in particular, just wanted to make a few things clear.

Thank you.

That right there was a post made by one of the Tournament Masters over at Central, Reflexion I am not him although I thought I'd post this here too so that everyone can see it.

Defender
Jun 23, 2011
so is this all about rude? i'm telling you 80% of the lords i meet is rude just because they are warlords they say "weaklings, you suck at pvp, i don't want to help you, your pvp rank is so low i don't want to fight with you". they didn't say it but they do it.

Survivor
Nov 10, 2011
so is this all about rude? i'm telling you 80% of the lords i meet is rude just because they are warlords they say "weaklings, you suck at pvp, i don't want to help you, your pvp rank is so low i don't want to fight with you". they didn't say it but they do it.

So exactly what was the point of this post? To nullify what Reflexion said?

I personally think that Reflexion is right, from beginning to end. There is pretty much always going to be someone who complains about some aspect of PvP, from the rudeness of people, to the unfairness of certain cards, and much more. There's always going to be some person on Wizard101 that you don't like, so really, it's like complaining about how you weren't lucky enough to meet a nice person at that exact moment in time. That happens to everyone - there's no reason to make a big deal out of it unless they start insulting you, name calling, false reporting, or some other intolerable thing.

If that applies to the regular people that you meet everyday, then why should it be any different in PvP? It's not like PvP is taking place within a special place that's only for rude people. Everyone always says I'm very nice, whether it's in PvP, PvE, or just talking, and I thank the people who say that because it makes nice people feel good and want to keep being nice, and not to mention you're being nice yourself by saying that. As for the whole Warlord thing, I've seen quite the variety of people in PvP, from people that call me a "Judge Noob" and falsely report me for beating them fair and square, to people that offer to let me see how they battle so I can get better. Again gougou101, you probably just haven't been lucky enough to find nice Warlords and instead you find the people who use their power in the wrong way. Just saying that you only meet the rude Warlords doesn't disprove that there are nice Warlords, nor does it prove that all Warlords are mean. Plus, if they don't say those things, how do you know that that's what they are thinking? For all you know they might have had to go eat lunch and had to flee, or they were busy doing their own thing, or they just didn't notice you! Don't accuse people of doing or saying something unless you have clear, true evidence that they did do or say that.

I'm not trying to be rude, I'm just pointing out that you're assuming and
accusing people of things that they aren't are or that they didn't do or say and assuming that everyone is going to believe what you say about them without any evidence. It just doesn't work that way.

-Daniel SoulWalker, Transcendent Sorcerer, Level 73

Defender
Jun 23, 2011
Planeswalker1 wrote:

I personally think that Reflexion is right, from beginning to end. There is pretty much always going to be someone who complains about some aspect of PvP, from the rudeness of people, to the unfairness of certain cards, and much more. There's always going to be some person on Wizard101 that you don't like, so really, it's like complaining about how you weren't lucky enough to meet a nice person at that exact moment in time. That happens to everyone - there's no reason to make a big deal out of it unless they start insulting you, name calling, false reporting, or some other intolerable thing.

If that applies to the regular people that you meet everyday, then why should it be any different in PvP? It's not like PvP is taking place within a special place that's only for rude people. Everyone always says I'm very nice, whether it's in PvP, PvE, or just talking, and I thank the people who say that because it makes nice people feel good and want to keep being nice, and not to mention you're being nice yourself by saying that. As for the whole Warlord thing, I've seen quite the variety of people in PvP, from people that call me a "Judge Noob" and falsely report me for beating them fair and square, to people that offer to let me see how they battle so I can get better. Again gougou101, you probably just haven't been lucky enough to find nice Warlords and instead you find the people who use their power in the wrong way. Just saying that you only meet the rude Warlords doesn't disprove that there are nice Warlords, nor does it prove that all Warlords are mean. Plus, if they don't say those things, how do you know that that's what they are thinking? For all you know they might have had to go eat lunch and had to flee, or they were busy doing their own thing, or they just didn't notice you! Don't accuse people of doing or saying something unless you have clear, true evidence that they did do or say that.

accusing people of things that they aren't are or that they didn't do or say and assuming that everyone is going to believe what you say about them without any evidence. It just doesn't work that way.

maybe you are one of these poeple. i'm commander now and my friend list are full. they are not bunch warlords thay are poeple who love the game and help me when i need. about the eat lunch and flee thing: if you know you are going to eat lunch why do you want to do mirror lake then? mirror takes about 40 mins.anyways i'm just going to back off and you can say whatever you want to say.

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
gougou101 wrote:
Planeswalker1 wrote:

maybe you are one of these poeple. i'm commander now and my friend list are full. they are not bunch warlords thay are poeple who love the game and help me when i need. about the eat lunch and flee thing: if you know you are going to eat lunch why do you want to do mirror lake then? mirror takes about 40 mins.anyways i'm just going to back off and you can say whatever you want to say.

Warlords and commanders aren't all mean. I met one in PvP and you know what? I got defeated. So, the guy actually offered me some tips and we chatted for a little while. Turns out that he was really nice and I was glad to have met him.

Your point is disproved my friend.

Defender
Aug 07, 2010
Lucario450 wrote:
Reflexion wrote:
There have been so many complaints over the years about pvp, and I would like to get something in people's heads and make it stick.

First off, people often complain about rudeness in pvp. Do you think that pvp makes them rude? No. If someone is gonna be rude/be a troll, then they will do just that, regardless of whether or not they are in the pvp arena. They are rude in PvE as well, so I find that ridiculous.

Secondly, many people seem to think warlords are arrogant and rude, which is not true at all. Sure, there are some rude people out there who happen to win pvp matches and get to warlord, but does that mean all warlords are rude? My whole list is full of commanders/warlords, and every one of them is very kind, so this argument makes no sense.

Third, when people complain about pvp issues, PvE people say that pvp messes up questing because KI changes so many things. Just because pvpers complain, doesn't mean the spell isn't broken in pve too. You honestly think that guardian spirit doesn't make questing broken? Questing is meant to be atleast a little difficult, but now you can die and come right back, which is not what should be happening. Same with wild bolt, that made questing so easy, especially now with all these boosts, especially with accuracy and such, questing would be a cake walk. And then there are people who think pvp should be removed just because they don't like it. Please. If people are rude, or things are broken in pvp, they are just as rude and broken in PvE. So if someone is rude to me in PvE, PvE should be removed? No. And believe it or not, there are actually nice people out there who enjoy pvp. Yeah, I know, it's a shock.

Lastly, I want to thank every one of you nice duelists out there for being just that, nice. Don't listen to people who say everyone is rude in pvp, because I know you guys are overlooked. Thank you for making pvp enjoyable.

This post was not intented to offend anyone in particular, just wanted to make a few things clear.

Thank you.

That right there was a post made by one of the Tournament Masters over at Central, Reflexion I am not him although I thought I'd post this here too so that everyone can see it.

Ok first off I can say that is bias...

I'll just address this topic as a whole, and not to any one individual. I can say in my opinion pvp does in fact make people rude. The purpose of pvp is to show off your skills and to see how you stack up against other people around the world. I find when people are so good, and usually win, they become arrogant and talk down to other people they face. Now I am not saying all but most of the warlords I know are like this, and yes I'll admit I have even been like that at one point or another. But as you climb up the ladder sometimes we all forget the struggle it took to get there, and what other people are going through.

The reason I believe for the increase in rudeness is people migrate from other mmorpgs where pvp is the main aspect of the game. It is the sole purpose of their games. However that is not the case in this game. There was not as much a lack of disrespect when we were grandmasters. But since, allot of people have joined this game, from allot of those other games.

Pvp in my opinion does mess up allot of things for pve. An example is guardian spirit. I mean tell me one life person that would complain about this spell in pve? Forget the face that cheating bosses might use this spell in the future, which is why KI prolly lowered its total. The main reason for the change was not the face that opponents in the future will use it, it was because of the ridiculous complaints that took place on the message boards. Instead of finding a strategy to face it, people complained and it got changed. Which affected the pve community and why they are becoming increasing aggravated at pvp.

I do have a problem with the assumption in reflections post that people want pvp out because they do not like it or do it. That is false. I bet that if you took a poll of the entire wiz community they will say leave pvp in the game or they have no problem with it. The problem they have with it is that pvp determines the outcome of pve which needs to change. Pvp has to much power over the rest of the game which is why they do not like it, which is why reflection said people want it out of the game. That gap needs to be closed. Also I would like reflection to tell me how pve is broken? I do not see that is the case at all. Saying pve is broken just because people attack pvp (which is broken ... not going there) is not a fact and does not strengthen his argument. Plus for all of those who do not know, let me remind you that pve was long in this game before pvp ever became a part of it.

So I will say he has maybe a few sections of his post hold some truth, It is obviously bias to someone who love the pvp side of the game. I have absolutely no problem with that fact he likes pvp. There is truth to not all pvp people are rude... But I do have a problem with the fact that he is considering it above pve. Pve is just as important or more important that pvp. Besides without pve there wouldn't even be pvp.

Blake