Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I hate to say it but....

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 02, 2012
So all you are complaining about immunity to fire and storm and 60 to everything else. How many ices you seen with these stats? Me, I have four warlords, one being ice even and I have never seen a warlord with those stats. Why? Because honestly to get that resist you need a vary specific pet, and gear that generally is bad. So lets say I got this immunity and 60 to everything else, my attack would be about 30 at best, combined with ices weak attacks, it would take a lot of blades to kill the opponent, and by the time you got enough blades any half decent player would have enough debuffs, and shields that they are pretty safe, and more likely than not they would have used an earthquake if you got that many blades up. Most ices have about 52 universal resist, 85 to fire, and about 85 to fire and storm. Infallible plus tc extraordinary, maybe a spear on top of that, about 2 pierce you get from most wands, that is almost 50 pierce right there. Ice isn't overpowered, they are meant to have resist and health, just like storm get massive damage and life gets all the heals. No school is overpowered, they just have their strengths and weaknesses.

Explorer
Jun 30, 2013
hndsa1997 on Jul 10, 2012 wrote:
Yeah ice and storm are "over powered " in the area it's kingsisle is favoring ice and storm more than others specialy fire we fire didn't get any thing good :? :(
Poor baby...

Fire is underpowered!

Except the part where it's not.

Take a look at your spells again.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
So in order for me to come close to doing base damage against an ice, I have to put up infallible, a bubble, armor pierce blades, convert and extraordinary all of which can easily be negated by a simple shield but in order for ice to do above base damage to me all it needs is one blade OR one bubble. Hmmm, I wonder how players could be complaining that this is unfair?(sarcasm)

Survivor
Jun 18, 2013
Taletalon on Jul 8, 2012 wrote:
Ice is just getting too overpowered in pvp. For real. I mean, look at their resist for fire and storm. You can get 100, I repeat 100, percent resist for storm and ice, and still have 53 universal resist.
Oh, well If this bothers you just simply make an ice and level it! I made an ice because of this!

Survivor
Apr 27, 2011
So..?

My brother has over 90% damage for his storm spells and over 50% resist for storm. Balance has a lot of pp percentage and myth has minions and life with reshuffle can have never ending heals and make you run out of cards. Just strategize and use treasure cards, lol.

Survivor
May 21, 2010
I know I am going to get a lot of hate by hmmmm, ice people but, think about this. When do you really ever see a fire use detonate in pvp on heck hound. Even though we can convert look at our attacks. the only real helpful 1 hit spell at lvl 90 is efreet so that's fine we can use 1 convert but now. Our next spell for minimum hits is sun serpent. I know I know, but the big attack comes first, well to get it to its full "potential" you would have to convert 2x. Look at the other attacks past lvl 58. They are all multi hits, meaning we would have to use many converts to get 1 spell to its full "potential" and the ice wouldn't be sitting there doing nothing. They can always shield and then when you actually get a hit on them, they use satyr and your just like forget this. Fire has nothing special about it anymore. Every school has a DoT except storm and balance but they don't really need one. Storm has massive damage stats and critical meaning they could end the game in 7 turn max. They may have low health but they always have the new spell from Avalon and can use satyr. One of their strongest attacks is 2 pips. Balance I am not saying is a powerhouse but think about their attacks. Chimera hits 3 times, hydra hits 3 times, and since they have different schools for each attack, they are almost certain to get 1 hit in on you without a shield. The biggest problem I see with balance is no converts or their lvl 88 spell. Ice has way too much going for it and fire seems to be thrown away forgotten.

Thx to anyone who reads this. I know this is a long post but thx for taking the time to read it.

Blaze Fireflame lvl 90(retired pvper)

Survivor
May 21, 2010
I know I am going to get a lot of hate by hmmmm, ice people but, think about this. When do you really ever see a fire use detonate in pvp on heck hound. Even though we can convert look at our attacks. the only real helpful 1 hit spell at lvl 90 is efreet so that's fine we can use 1 convert but now. Our next spell for minimum hits is sun serpent. I know I know, but the big attack comes first, well to get it to its full "potential" you would have to convert 2x. Look at the other attacks past lvl 58. They are all multi hits, meaning we would have to use many converts to get 1 spell to its full "potential" and the ice wouldn't be sitting there doing nothing. They can always shield and then when you actually get a hit on them, they use satyr and your just like forget this. Fire has nothing special about it anymore. Every school has a DoT except storm and balance but they don't really need one. Storm has massive damage stats and critical meaning they could end the game in 7 turn max. They may have low health but they always have the new spell from Avalon and can use satyr. One of their strongest attacks is 2 pips. Balance I am not saying is a powerhouse but think about their attacks. Chimera hits 3 times, hydra hits 3 times, and since they have different schools for each attack, they are almost certain to get 1 hit in on you without a shield. The biggest problem I see with balance is no converts or their lvl 88 spell. Ice has way too much going for it and fire seems to be thrown away forgotten.

Thx to anyone who reads this. I know this is a long post but thx for taking the time to read it.

Blaze Fireflame lvl 90(retired pvper)

Explorer
Mar 16, 2011
jameson143 wrote:
x cough x heckhound! xcough x detonate! x cough x critical! x cough x
don't forget x cough x efreet! x cough x

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
BrynnerOfReign on May 25, 2013 wrote:
Dear Ice Whiners;

Each school has their own strengths and weaknesses. Ice happens to have health and resistance, but it does not have good damage (spells and damage boost), accuracy is lacking on gear, critical isn't very high, and the list goes on.

What people focus on is the resistance, believing that Ice is overpowered because of it. This is not true. Each school has their strengths and people need to focus on that. Ice has to do a lot of buffing to be able to even come close to hitting decently, compared to other schools like Storm and Fire, who can have major hits without much, or any effort.

Sure, my Ice did very well in PvP, but that's because of strategy and skill, knowing my school inside and out, and doing my best to be an offense as well as a defense player.
Brynner,
Each school does have their own strengths and weaknesses, true. Ice DOES have good damage with their new spell, PLUS can take pips away. And ice can infallible, blade and sharpened blade and hit a good amount of damage on a fire. Ice isn't weak anymore. Ice can also do the same thing as fire, infallible, unstoppable, icespear, etc and fires resist can be bumped down to 0. Ice can also shield right before fire attempts to hit. So yes, ice is indeed overpowered.

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
dude
ice is suppose to be high health and resist they made piercing they made a pierce blade learn to use the new stat

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
dang people why don't you just say you think ice shouldn't have resist and then we will take damage away from storm then we will take minions away from myth and heals away from life and damage over time away from fire and health drains doom and gloom infection dark pact sacrifice away from death blades shields and traps away from balance lets just make no school of magic any different why not?

Survivor
Feb 02, 2010
I disagree that is overpowered. Ice is all about shields, their attack spells are usually pretty weak. Storm is all about punching force into their enemy and breaking the shields. I don't think KI is favoriting a school or two. Each school has a special power. In pvp, it is about strategy, you just can't stick to one strategy. Widen your choices, it's your decision on how you handle things.

Explorer
Mar 17, 2012
All you have to do is have good damage, enchant your spell with unstoppable then use infallible and have some pierce on your gear then woola.