Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I hate to say it but....

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 30, 2009
Ice is just getting too overpowered in pvp. For real. I mean, look at their resist for fire and storm. You can get 100, I repeat 100, percent resist for storm and ice, and still have 53 universal resist.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Correction, they can hit nearly 70 universal resist, with the right gear. (And have over 85 fire and storm resist still.

Survivor
Jun 27, 2011
actually, they can only have a 60% global resiwt while having 100 for fire and storm

Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
I hate to say it but....

You can pierce through a good majority of those resist points. Infallible tc, extraordinary, they are down to 60 storm and fire, and 20 everything else.

You can use a convert, and then infallible tc, and extraordinary. They are down to 20 resist to your school. Dont think that a bladed efreet, or bladed levy wont hurt them. Use feint if you have to, they could already be down to half of their health. I wont deny killing ice with av craft gear is hard, but not impossible.

Note, ice attacks really dont do to much with shields. Thats what the thermatic, and glacial shields are for.

Survivor
Nov 24, 2010
Yeah ice and storm are "over powered " in the area it's kingsisle is favoring ice and storm more than others specialy fire we fire didn't get any thing good :? :(

Defender
May 15, 2010
hndsa1997 wrote:
Yeah ice and storm are "over powered " in the area it's kingsisle is favoring ice and storm more than others specialy fire we fire didn't get any thing good :? :(
x cough x heckhound! xcough x detonate! x cough x critical! x cough x

Survivor
May 26, 2012
Efreet and Rain of Fire are great.

Storm is not overpowered as they have low health and resist.

As for ice, I think it should have a little lower resist and health.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
jameson143 wrote:
hndsa1997 wrote:

*cough fire dispel *cough *cough cant be used *cough* *cough critical block *cough*

Survivor
Jan 26, 2009
hndsa1997 wrote:

Yeah fire got hosed in avalon but srsly fire has all the good spell... All ice has is resist and health

Survivor
May 08, 2010
wolferyna wrote:
actually, they can only have a 60% global resiwt while having 100 for fire and storm

Really only 60 percent universal and 100 percent to fire and storm. I don't know what your thinking but that is crazy!

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
thejordanator wrote:
I hate to say it but....

You can pierce through a good majority of those resist points. Infallible tc, extraordinary, they are down to 60 storm and fire, and 20 everything else.

You can use a convert, and then infallible tc, and extraordinary. They are down to 20 resist to your school. Dont think that a bladed efreet, or bladed levy wont hurt them. Use feint if you have to, they could already be down to half of their health. I wont deny killing ice with av craft gear is hard, but not impossible.

Note, ice attacks really dont do to much with shields. Thats what the thermatic, and glacial shields are for.

That works if ice does nothing when you fight them. Fighting a warlord ice makes it difficult because they can use angel to get around your shield. Plus infallible can be used by an ice so you will lose most of your resistance. Ice doesn't have to worry about that because they put elemental blade ice blade infallible then attack. You will be hurting since most of your defense is cut up.

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
I agree ice's resist is absolutely ridiculous and needs to be lowered but I know why their resist is so high. Its their crafting gear and if KI lowers the resist of their crafting gear then problem solved.

Explorer
Dec 12, 2010
I agree, Ice is untouchable. Storm and Fire have no where have going around it, that's why I deleted my Storm because I faced too many ice people and lost alot. I dropped down to knight to negative private and I had enough. :x

-Savvy DarkHunter Lvl 24 Life Pvp Captain

Survivor
Apr 28, 2012
Ice and Storm are not "over powered" . Every school can beat each other and they have the same amount of pros and cons. You just have to take your time to figure out a way to beat them not complain.

Explorer
Jul 23, 2012
jameson143 wrote:
you know nothing about fire spells if you think detonate is good

Survivor
May 03, 2009
budaikids wrote:
Yeah fire got hosed in avalon but srsly fire has all the good spell... All ice has is resist and health
I wouldn't say that angel is a good spell for 2v2, 3v3, and 4v4.

Survivor
Mar 26, 2012
I think ice gear show have lower health boost

cole darkleaf level 34 fire wizard

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
Kevin Deaththorn on Jul 9, 2012 wrote:
I hate to say it but....

Yes i fully agree on you with this, you do realize this will take at least maybe about 6-10+ turns to completely set up? Oh yeah then we have to blade and trap, oh wait an experienced pvp player would carry many shields and weaknesses, I guess i better put in some pierces and cleanse charms. Oh now i have to make sure i shield too, oh now i have to heal. You all get my point, there are strageties of getting around that monster mountain of resist, but it's not like the opponent is gonna sit ther and pass every turn so you can set up. I hate to say it but there's no mercy in the arena, and there never will be, especially with ice.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Cheese and Cookies are now being served at the PvP Buffet table.... Please feel free to enlighten yourself!

Here we go again, more Ice and Storm being overpowered complaints? Really? Really, Really?

lol, Um, I am not even going to get into this debate, as there has been a billion posts on this topic already and many posts on strategies of how to get around resistance and spells.

If people spent as much time as they do complaining on building an actual strategy and figuring out ways to win, there wouldn't be a problem. What is the world, or should I say, spiral, coming to?

Defender
Jan 25, 2009
Darth JT on Dec 3, 2012 wrote:
Cheese and Cookies are now being served at the PvP Buffet table.... Please feel free to enlighten yourself!

Here we go again, more Ice and Storm being overpowered complaints? Really? Really, Really?

lol, Um, I am not even going to get into this debate, as there has been a billion posts on this topic already and many posts on strategies of how to get around resistance and spells.

If people spent as much time as they do complaining on building an actual strategy and figuring out ways to win, there wouldn't be a problem. What is the world, or should I say, spiral, coming to?
Oh Darthjt, the little jokes you put in between your posts always make me laugh. I sort of agree with your opinion though, sort of...

Is there really a strategy for crumbling down on ice's immunity to fire and storm? I mean, if I (being fire school) were to use a convert, it still seems pointless, being that ice has 60% resist to all other schools. There may be a strategy for breaking down on that one too, but in the end, why am I working so hard as a fire/storm wizard over an unfair disadvantage of ice? Yea, ice IS about resist, but this is just extreme.... I mean it's just my opinion

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
Darth JT on Dec 3, 2012 wrote:

Agreed, complaining gets you nowhere but the beginning, planning a stragety will get you somewhere.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
KorekuEternal on Dec 3, 2012 wrote:
Oh Darthjt, the little jokes you put in between your posts always make me laugh. I sort of agree with your opinion though, sort of...

Is there really a strategy for crumbling down on ice's immunity to fire and storm? I mean, if I (being fire school) were to use a convert, it still seems pointless, being that ice has 60% resist to all other schools. There may be a strategy for breaking down on that one too, but in the end, why am I working so hard as a fire/storm wizard over an unfair disadvantage of ice? Yea, ice IS about resist, but this is just extreme.... I mean it's just my opinion
Oh yes, there are definitely strategies for both storm and fire to defeat Ice. It's really not as hard as you think,
or as hard as many people think!

Also, fire is much more powerful that you can possibly imagine. A heckhound with a prism and a few blades, can easily take out Ice with just the first round of attacks and Heckhoud has 3 rounds of attacks. It's just a matter of strategy, setting up correctly, and being prepared.

Not only does fire have powerful DOT spells, fire has efreet, which is a very strong single attack that leaves a
-90% weakness.

Fire has an easier time than Storm and storm can defeat ice, I know, I have defeated many Ice that had the 100% storm resistance.

Complaining is easier to most, that putting in effort and developing a real strategy. Not an opinion, but a fact!

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
Ice is the best school to be in. Yes of course their power is high compared to other schools. Lemme list 'em.

Tower shield.
Crazy health
Stronger Blades
Resistance
Powerful spells (Frost Giant, Snow Angel)
Legion Shield
I think ice is a way better school because of those.

Explorer
Aug 23, 2012
*Sigh*.... I hate how everyone picks on ice. xD. Ices great resist and health make up for its least attack damage and base attack damage on spells. Compare Lord of Winter (Around 1000 base damage) and Storm Owl (1600 base damage). Almost a 600 damage difference. This makes ice the weakest school for attacks, which is why they need the high health and resist to survive long enough to kill by using attacks that need 5 or even 6 blades to even do 4000 base damage without resistances.

Survivor
May 29, 2010
You are all pvp people aren't you?

Anyway you all could create your own ice wizards and max them out then wouldn't think they're overpowered because you would the person with all the resist.