Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

randolf spellshine

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 22, 2011
i've tried three times and a haven't defeated randolf spellshine. it's getting annoying how he gets two spells per round and how he can break your protection shields. should i try to level up or is there a different way?

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Riana288 wrote:
i've tried three times and a haven't defeated randolf spellshine. it's getting annoying how he gets two spells per round and how he can break your protection shields. should i try to level up or is there a different way?

We had problems with him also, I recommend you try to get shields out as it seems to cut down a bit on Vampires even though he breaks them. Keep going at it though as his battle plans seem to change so you can sneak in get him and be done with it.

On our death wizard we were defeated 3 X before I had enough of that, on Balance I went in he didn't Vampire and I was able to nip him in the bud quickly. Try to set up your deck just for him, some shields - any will do, a blade or 2, you hammer spells and a sprite just in case it goes badly.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Riana288 wrote:

You have to plan for this duel. Use traps, including the ones from Nile in Krok, and use your blade, as well as those from Nile. Hit him once, twice max, and you can easily beat him.

And watch how he uses pierce...you can shield, it just takes cunning. :)

Survivor
Apr 27, 2011
i didnt have any trouble i just thought it was a glitch it went back to him and he did nothing when it did go back to him

Defender
May 19, 2012
Here is what I do and it works pretty good. If you attack him and you have no shields on, he will use Vampire on you.

To prevent this, use your minion, shield your minion as well as yourself, and let your minion do the attacking. He will remove shields from your minion as well, so I wouldn't recommend wasting treasure card shields on your minion.
I put as many shields into my deck as I can.

I keep reshuffle in my deck as well, so if you have to keep discarding, do it, because you can always reshuffle if you run out of cards. I put max minions in my deck so when he takes one down, I can call another out. The only time you should attack, yourself, is if you get to go first, and you have shields on because he decided to attack and not take your shields down on his previous turn.

Don't worry about whether you have blades on or traps on him, if you have the opportunity to attack without having him hit you with Vampire, do it. This makes for a long fight, but you will win. You just have to remember to never attack if you have no shields, and if you don't get to go first, you never know if he is going to pop those shields off you before you attack. Let your minion take the damage instead. :)

Survivor
Feb 28, 2012
Delver
Apr 11, 2012
I defeated him the first time i ever tried. all you need are lots of healing spells. And you know how he says 'you won't last long without shields'? Well i used 0 shields and i made it.

If your life, it's probably very easy not to get killed becasue you heal a lot more than others. But if you aren't, i suggest buying an amulet that gives you a heal spell or just insert more pixies into your deck.

Miranda ThunderGem (life)

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
Riana288 wrote:

how is this a glitch?
its in wrong area

and here is what ya do to prevent him using vampire
DONT STRIKE MORE THEN ONCE
stack tc, amulet, regular, blades and traps until your sure its just one spell and he is dead
he cant vampire when he is dead
i ran no shields on my storm and she easily defeated randolf

Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
Just do a one hit kill. However, if you arent strong enough to do that, here is the trick, he breaks your shields every two rounds. And he will only interrupt with vampire if you attack him without shields on. So if you time it right, this should be easy.

Trust me, cheaters arent that big of a deal. When you are a higher level, your going to have to learn the rules of most of the bosses. They ussualy give you hints, you just need to learn to decode them. Like in this case, he says "You wont last long without shields!" So what do you do? Shield yourself.

The challenge is half the fun!
Keira Silverthief- lvl 80 myth archmage

Defender
May 22, 2011
brwac wrote:
Riana288 wrote:

We had problems with him also, I recommend you try to get shields out as it seems to cut down a bit on Vampires even though he breaks them. Keep going at it though as his battle plans seem to change so you can sneak in get him and be done with it.

On our death wizard we were defeated 3 X before I had enough of that, on Balance I went in he didn't Vampire and I was able to nip him in the bud quickly. Try to set up your deck just for him, some shields - any will do, a blade or 2, you hammer spells and a sprite just in case it goes badly.

uh you are explaining for death i'm balance

Survivor
Oct 05, 2012
i recommend that you stock up on storm traps and swords until you can use kraken and one hit KO him.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
VikingDog on Nov 1, 2012 wrote:
i recommend that you stock up on storm traps and swords until you can use kraken and one hit KO him.
A trap, a blade and a Kraken is all that is needed to beat him. Don't hit him with 'swords', also known as wands.

Delver
Apr 11, 2012
VikingDog on Nov 1, 2012 wrote:
Um... what about the people (there are quite a lot of them) that don't have the kraken spell trained and are certainly not storm school? Plus, if the kraken fizzles and the card isn't there anymore your next turn, is that explainable? There are also some disagreeing things/stuff.

1) Is kraken seriously the only spell you can use to defeat Randolf?

2) Storm fizzles more than any other school and we know that.

3) It is possible that if you fizzed the kraken, it CAN disappear your next turn.

4) the turn after that, you see the kraken card, but you barely have any pips

5) Isn't Randolf a cheater? Nah, I don't care but I just wanted to remind you people....