Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Houses for Sale in Shop?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 07, 2012
I'm still new & learning so im sorry if this was already mentioned (I did search around).
I'm now able to buy a house & was sent to the store with the 2 houses for sale and also looked through the crown shop houses. I pretty much toured all the properties also.

Since this is an expensive purchase, I want to make sure I'm happy with my choice. I thought I had seen all available to me right now but I keep hearing people talk about houses I've never seen. Are there different houses in Krokotopia and other worlds or have I seen all the ones I can buy?

I just don't want to buy one and then stumble on a new house store or something a day later. Is there somewhere in Krokotopia I can go to see other houses?

Also, how many can we own and how do we sell them? Can they be traded or gifted when we don't want a house any more?
Also, my dorm bank and attic are almost full,,,,will a house have unlimited storage or is it small like our dorm storage? I've only purchased a few card packs and I'm only at level 16 and I'm already overflowing with furniture, clothes, pets, ..etc... So I'm hoping a house will help with this and future items.

Thanks in advance for any responses =)

Explorer
Jul 31, 2011
I have only purchased homes from the crown shop by using gold personally... BUT I know off the top of my head there are houses in Mooshu, DragonSpyre and a craftable one in Celestia. I have never really shopped around the worlds.... but I had the one Mooshu one for a few months and thought it was cute, but it did not have enough storage room in it. (Houses have limits as to what they can hold, the bank in each home is the bank for your entire character.... there are no individual banks for each home. Also the attic, is one attic for that one character.) I have found the crown shop houses have the most storage.. I stuck with a Life house and a Balance house for her second home for my life wizard and my death wizard has the Dragon Tower one... may buy the wizard a second home as well.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Firesyne wrote:
I'm still new & learning so im sorry if this was already mentioned (I did search around).
I'm now able to buy a house & was sent to the store with the 2 houses for sale and also looked through the crown shop houses. I pretty much toured all the properties also.

Since this is an expensive purchase, I want to make sure I'm happy with my choice. I thought I had seen all available to me right now but I keep hearing people talk about houses I've never seen. Are there different houses in Krokotopia and other worlds or have I seen all the ones I can buy?

I just don't want to buy one and then stumble on a new house store or something a day later. Is there somewhere in Krokotopia I can go to see other houses?

Also, how many can we own and how do we sell them? Can they be traded or gifted when we don't want a house any more?
Also, my dorm bank and attic are almost full,,,,will a house have unlimited storage or is it small like our dorm storage? I've only purchased a few card packs and I'm only at level 16 and I'm already overflowing with furniture, clothes, pets, ..etc... So I'm hoping a house will help with this and future items.

Thanks in advance for any responses =)

Don't worry about asking. That's what we're here for :)

There are houses in the crown shop, and there are houses you can purchase for coins in various worlds. I believe the houses are in Wizard City, Krokotopia, Marleybone, Grizzleheim (craft only), Dragonspyre, and Celestia (craft only).

I believe you can have 3 houses purchased in the game for each wizard.

The crown shop houses will hold more items, whereas the in-game coin purchased homes hold a little less, but still a lot more than the dorms.

Each house has it's own 'bank' chest (just like the dorm). These banks can hold individual items specifically for that wizard that owns the home. Each of the home chests include a separate tab (when the chest is opened), labeled "shared bank". This shared bank can hold items that can be shared with all your wizards that are on the one account.

The houses, whether purchased by crown or coin, cannot be sold, traded, or gifted (to your other wizards). Once you purchase a home, it's that wizard's home and they can't share it with any of your other wizards.

The nice thing, when you purchase a new home, you still have access to your dorm, so if you find you need to store a few extras, you can port there from your purchased home (by clicking on the house icon again at the right bottom of the screen. The same one you clicked on to go to your purchased home).

Have fun!

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
QueQueg wrote:
I believe you can have 3 houses purchased in the game for each wizard.

This is correct for the houses bought with gold/crowns. However, you can have more than three if you purchase a Bundle card (either from the Wizard101 website or retailer), but you have to use the housing elixir first.

Defender
Aug 26, 2010
Most worlds on the main questline (to defeating Malistaire) have houses for sell. Currently side worlds don't have regular houses for sell, grizzleheim and wisteria have crown houses, grizzleheim and celestia have crafted houses. Since you are allowed 3 houses in addition to your dorm room, don't stress the decision too much. I actually waited until I had saved up 100,000 gold on my characters so I could buy one of the crown houses, they are bigger. But if you do buy a house from a vendor that you later dont like you can move all your stuff out and sell it back to a house vendor.

Survivor
Jun 07, 2012
Cool! Thanks everyone!
So crown shop houses hold more.... Thats what I want then. Do they all hold the same amount or is there a way to tell how much storage they have before purchasing?

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
My first house used to be the wooden cottage from Wizard City - then I upgraded later on to something a bit larger, now I tend to wait and get the Playhouse as it affords me more space - or I should say enough space and now that I have several wizards housing is less important to me.

On my original wizard I got the Epic bundle castle which has tons of space and those give you an extra housing slot. You get 3 slots for regular housing. Draw back to bundle homes is, it's an investment of real money for the home that can only be used by the wizard you redeemed it on and later as you play over time and may decide to delete that wizard the home goes with it.

You can sell housing but you need to empty them out and sell them for peanuts at a housing shop. I believe you can not sell the bundle castles.

Since most worlds do offer housing it's always advised that you buy the more expensive of the 2 offerings if you want the most space. My favs are from Wizard City, Krock Land and Mooshu. Altho the school houses are large the prices are a bit high for me since I also like to buy best gear and pet train/hatch which can take a bite out of your gold also.

Either way I have scaled down dramatically what I keep and decorate with. Rather then cram everything I can into a yard or house I tastefully decorate things from each world I quested in and sell the rest to buy a few extras I want. The MarleyBone furniture shop used to be my down fall but now more and more is offered right from the Bazaar.

Survivor
Jun 07, 2012
I suppose in the long run I'll get more comfortable with purchases but right now it's so overwhelming.
I actually bought gold with my crowns by mistake thinking I had to pay in gold but now I wish I could trade it back since I now have more gold than I wanted.
I honestly can't find a house that appeals to me enough but I want the extra space more than anything right now so I'm thinking of island getaway or life house. I don't like all the noise in the other places like storm rain sound, fire...ect...
I have a few wizards but my main one is a fire wizard named Autumn Dream. I'll probably just jump in and buy anything right now... ::::sigh:::

Thanks for all the input though... It's very helpful.