Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Spiritual Schools vs Elemental Schools

AuthorMessage
Delver
Oct 05, 2010
I just wanted to know what the majority of people think which side of the magical spectrum is better at 1v1 PvP as a whole. Balance will be left out of the equation for this, I personally love the spiritual schools when it comes to 1v1 although fire is definitely formidable to any of them.

Spiritual Schools~
-Are more flexible when it comes to mastery amulets, ( Life and Death ) seeing as they could use balance, myth, or life mastery ( Death ) when it comes to 1v1 while the Elementals are usually left to pick life although some side with balance.

- Life and Death could become independent meaning that they do not require a mastery amulet because of there already built in heals (Balance can also do this, Storm also has the possibility to do this but to a lesser extent). This does not mean that mastery amulets don't help but just that its not as required as it is for the elementals.

-Minions are amazing. All the spirituals have very useful minions unlike the elementals ( Fire is the exception ). Myth has talos with 1,000 health to break stun shields, shields, blade, trap, and get some decent damage on the opponent and in rarer cases use earthquake to get rid of blades. Death has the highest known health minions in the game although they're not used for obvious reasons, I recommend using 3-6 pip minions seeing as they tend to be more useful for shield breaking, shielding, using weakness, and doing minimum damage. Life's minion isn't used much in PvP although it is highly useful and dangerous to the opponent. The life minion can heal with unicorn, satyr, pixie, use absorb and break shields. It mostly cast pixie on its summoner though. Because it heals you after medium hits you don't have to waste pips on pulling yourself together and in certain cases when you died and the minion heals you it can save you points in a pvp match ( happened to me once, I did but my minion revived me at like 630 health and I kept my pips while my opponent used his up so I was able to heal and shield my way back to health and continue the match ).

Elemental Schools~
-Hard hitters, although Ice may not seem like it at first they do carry the best bubble in the game and have enough health to carry countless treasure blades. Fire and storm obviously have already built in high damage.

-Fire is a major shield breaker and so is Ice's minion. Looks like myth has some competition huh?

-Have unique special effects with their attacks ( Ice is excluded from this but Snow Angel does carry taunt and it does have stuns which neither balance, life, death or fire, carry in their attacks). Fire's efreet and storms leviathan/sirens have special effects along with their spells that can prove game changing if used correctly.

So I reside with the spirituals who do you reside with? :D

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
I like the spirit schools but in pvp the elemental schools own it. Ice and Fire are at the top of the lists right now. Myth is up there but besides that its kinda a blur. Storm is the odd one out since its low health makes it difficult to pvp with. Although it is important to know how to use your school.

Survivor
Jun 30, 2012
I personally think elemental schools are pretty nice. Storm has low health but have the strongest spells. Ice is weak but ice can take allot of damage. Fire has OK spells but epic defense.

I also like these schools because I am a storm type and the cards are pretty epic.

Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
soniciscoll6559 wrote:
I personally think elemental schools are pretty nice. Storm has low health but have the strongest spells. Ice is weak but ice can take allot of damage. Fire has OK spells but epic defense.

I also like these schools because I am a storm type and the cards are pretty epic.

Fire's strength isnt their ability to defend, its their ability to use their spells to their advantage. For example, if they are first, and they efreet you, and ruin the next person's spells. or if someone shields, the majority of the damage is still done with rain of fire

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
soniciscoll6559 wrote:

Fire isnt epic with defense. ICE is. Fires strength is DoT spells, as ya know they have hundreds of them probably. Ice isn't weak with a colossal and several blades with a snow angel.

Jasmine FireBlade lvl 78 pyromancer
Jessica SparkleGem lvl 70 thaumaturge

Defender
Jun 23, 2011
i only seen death war lords 2 or 3 times idk why. i mean i'm a lvl 80 death wizard and i'm doing great i'm not a war lord but a captian. death is only good at 1v1 because death don't have good spell to do to all, id think that people will not putting shield in pvp that's why crow is useless. the only time that i lost is when i meet storm wild bolt to death ! and here is how i won the whole time: bone dragon. think god that death have bone dragon. great over time spell with some blades and some other attack to kill them because bone dragon will take out all the shields.

one time i met a life guy and because of that new life spell where you die and come back to live i have to kill that life guy 4 times!! 4 times!! i bone dragon him 3 times frankie one time it took me a while.

is werid that i like never meet a fire in 1v1. i think i did but i forgot

and the other time i lose is when i meet balance i don't have tower shield i not made for pvp i do to show people that death is not weak. i hope that next time we death get a do all and its over time spell :)

Explorer
Apr 27, 2012
Even though I'm part of the Spiritual schools (Life) in PvPs, Elemental Schools have more power, in my opinion.
Storm has low health, but strong spells, and Ice has high health, which would be hard to top. Fire has pretty sweet spells, too, yet Life has Guardian, but I'd have to say Elemental.

- Savannah LifeHunter, Level 43 Theurgist

Explorer
Jan 18, 2010
gougou101 wrote:
i only seen death war lords 2 or 3 times idk why. i mean i'm a lvl 80 death wizard and i'm doing great i'm not a war lord but a captian. death is only good at 1v1 because death don't have good spell to do to all, id think that people will not putting shield in pvp that's why crow is useless. the only time that i lost is when i meet storm wild bolt to death ! and here is how i won the whole time: bone dragon. think god that death have bone dragon. great over time spell with some blades and some other attack to kill them because bone dragon will take out all the shields.

one time i met a life guy and because of that new life spell where you die and come back to live i have to kill that life guy 4 times!! 4 times!! i bone dragon him 3 times frankie one time it took me a while.

and the other time i lose is when i meet balance i don't have tower shield i not made for pvp i do to show people that death is not weak. i hope that next time we death get a do all and its over time spell :)

No wonder your not warlord if you think death is only good in 1v1, my death shuts people down in 4v4.

Survivor
May 08, 2009
This is a tough question, but i think i have to give it to the spirituals. Myth can just use earthquake, stopping any blading from storm and fire, and stop the shielding from ice. Life can heal whatever damage they cause, and death can attack. (Death is obviously not the best with attacking, but storm and fire have lower health) The spirit school as have decent health and i think they would win.

Blake Dragonhorn-lvl 80 Death
"If you defeat a member of the undead, there are generations more to defeat you"

Wolf Skyblade -lvl 80 Storm
Hunter Ashsword -lvl 30 Balance
Anthony BattleHammer-lvl 30 Life
Flint Sparkflame -lvl 26 Fire
Jack Frost - lvl 22 Ice

Defender
May 17, 2011
TheDarkestMask wrote:
I just wanted to know what the majority of people think which side of the magical spectrum is better at 1v1 PvP as a whole. Balance will be left out of the equation for this, I personally love the spiritual schools when it comes to 1v1 although fire is definitely formidable to any of them.

Spiritual Schools~
-Are more flexible when it comes to mastery amulets, ( Life and Death ) seeing as they could use balance, myth, or life mastery ( Death ) when it comes to 1v1 while the Elementals are usually left to pick life although some side with balance.

- Life and Death could become independent meaning that they do not require a mastery amulet because of there already built in heals (Balance can also do this, Storm also has the possibility to do this but to a lesser extent). This does not mean that mastery amulets don't help but just that its not as required as it is for the elementals.

-Minions are amazing. All the spirituals have very useful minions unlike the elementals ( Fire is the exception ). Myth has talos with 1,000 health to break stun shields, shields, blade, trap, and get some decent damage on the opponent and in rarer cases use earthquake to get rid of blades. Death has the highest known health minions in the game although they're not used for obvious reasons, I recommend using 3-6 pip minions seeing as they tend to be more useful for shield breaking, shielding, using weakness, and doing minimum damage. Life's minion isn't used much in PvP although it is highly useful and dangerous to the opponent. The life minion can heal with unicorn, satyr, pixie, use absorb and break shields. It mostly cast pixie on its summoner though. Because it heals you after medium hits you don't have to waste pips on pulling yourself together and in certain cases when you died and the minion heals you it can save you points in a pvp match ( happened to me once, I did but my minion revived me at like 630 health and I kept my pips while my opponent used his up so I was able to heal and shield my way back to health and continue the match ).

Elemental Schools~
-Hard hitters, although Ice may not seem like it at first they do carry the best bubble in the game and have enough health to carry countless treasure blades. Fire and storm obviously have already built in high damage.

-Fire is a major shield breaker and so is Ice's minion. Looks like myth has some competition huh?

-Have unique special effects with their attacks ( Ice is excluded from this but Snow Angel does carry taunt and it does have stuns which neither balance, life, death or fire, carry in their attacks). Fire's efreet and storms leviathan/sirens have special effects along with their spells that can prove game changing if used correctly.

So I reside with the spirituals who do you reside with? :D

same, but also to balance. It gets a little bit of everything :)

Defender
Jun 23, 2011
LighDealth wrote:
gougou101 wrote:

No wonder your not warlord if you think death is only good in 1v1, my death shuts people down in 4v4.

how? maybe you are are pvp with bunch storm. ps: i'm a commander now because of 1v1.

Survivor
Aug 19, 2011

That is a good question although for me I'd have to stay neutral. Reason one is that for me in 1v1 when I use my death I just use toxic 2x so I can get time to use a powered up bone dragon plus with 82 death boost thats a pretty mean dragon. then on top of that my pet also gives 2x resist so i'm at 43 resist as well. Thats why I think spirit schools.Second reason being is that I have same pet but with fire boost on my fire, so thats 72 fire boost and 44 resist plus the dot spells and heckhound, overall is just a crazy combo for me. And I also have a lvl 57 ice that I will be starting soon so I'm getting there with that one. And now that I really review my own quote lol I think Elemental schools are better, actually WAY better.

Explorer
Dec 12, 2010
Elemental has better hits then spiritual does, maybe we need to set up a 3v3 spiritual vs. elemental tournament. Ya know what, Kingsisle we should set up a 4v4 tournamenet for no reason just for fun!!!!!!! :P