Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I see dead people O-0

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 14, 2011
This bothers me, I'm not sure if it bothers you, but it bothers me.
Have you ever noticed that everything in Dragonspyre is either dead or evil, other than you, your drake, and cyrus drake? It just sort of bothers me that we are killing the last living things in DS, you know? For goodness sake, the entire world is basicly dead! I mean, i understand that the dragon titon killed/destroyed everything, but couldn't there have been some survivors? All the death is really starting to creep me out. Are there any other alive and not evil NPCs in DS that I don't know about?

Haley Fairygarden
Level 46 Life Wizard

"If you are walking on thin ice, you might as well dance"

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
akitahbird wrote:
Have you ever noticed that everything in Dragonspyre is either dead or evil, other than you, your drake, and cyrus drake? It just sort of bothers me that we are killing the last living things in DS, you know? For goodness sake, the entire world is basicly dead! I mean, i understand that the dragon titon killed/destroyed everything, but couldn't there have been some survivors? All the death is really starting to creep me out. Are there any other alive and not evil NPCs in DS that I don't know about?

Haley Fairygarden
Level 46 Life Wizard

You leveled! Congrats!

I don't want to ruin it for you, but there are lots of non-dead things in Dragonspyre. If you haven't already taken Castamir Silverdrake's quest, it's a very nice story with a happy ending... :)

As for non-evil, NPCs, well... there are a few in Silverdrake's quest that aren't completely off their rockers. And Sylvia~ sure, her husband's gone above and beyond the call of psycho duty, but that's hardly her fault.

I don't know how old you are, but I've heard that a lot of younger players don't like Dragonspyre, because it's the least kid-friendly world. Unlike the others before it, it's not whimsical and cheery, or filled with cute animal characters. By comparison, it's like being plunged into a deep, black pit of destruction and despair... probably why Malistaire hangs out there. LOL. But that's kinda why I like it... and, if I were a villainous NPC, I'd probably hang out there, too.

All's well that ends well~ you'll see when you get there. :D

-El Veeb

Archmage of Awesomeness,
shameless Drake fan-girl,
& lover of the beautiful dark. ;)

Explorer
Jan 14, 2011
... You have been watching my level?
I'm a level 48 now! And finally out of that death pit and into Celestia! (which isn't very fun, I have lost every battle I got into) After I made that post, I was looking around Dragonspyre and realized that there were quite a few live things that I had not noticed. Lol, I should probably look before I talk, right?
I'm not sure what you are thinking, but I am probably older than you think. Probably. I'm just, you know, a hippie at heart. The, as my history teacher would say, "gloom, doom, despair and agony" really got me down in the dumps. I have to say, I love the storyline, and the decor really is quite nice, but it just isn't my kinda place, you know? Lol.

So, anyways,
Peace, love, and rainbow pegasi
Haley Fairygarden

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
akitahbird wrote:
I'm a level 48 now! And finally out of that death pit and into Celestia! (which isn't very fun, I have lost every battle I got into) After I made that post, I was looking around Dragonspyre and realized that there were quite a few live things that I had not noticed. Lol, I should probably look before I talk, right?
I'm not sure what you are thinking, but I am probably older than you think. Probably. I'm just, you know, a hippie at heart. The, as my history teacher would say, "gloom, doom, despair and agony" really got me down in the dumps. I have to say, I love the storyline, and the decor really is quite nice, but it just isn't my kinda place, you know? Lol.

So, anyways,
Haley Fairygarden

LOL~ I've replied to a few of your other posts, when you signed off as, like, level 32 or something. You know you've spent too much time in the forums when you start to memorize the names of the other posters and their levels/wizard names... but I digress.

I have an inner hippie as well (Wysteria totally appealed to that side of me), though my inner goth-chick often gets in the way and drags me back to the crumbly old buildings and evil pits of doom. Dragonspyre definitely isn't for everyone, but it makes me... happy. :)

Hugs, fluff, & cotton candy!
-El Veeb

PS: Celestia IS a death pit~ it just hides it better. I have 2 wizards there, and I want them out, ASAP.

Survivor
Dec 04, 2009
akitahbird wrote:

So, anyways,
Haley Fairygarden

i havent been around DS in a while. XD i got to ZF btw lol.

Cole MythSword; Legendary Conjurer Level 65

Survivor
May 02, 2009
I think that Dragonspyre is an improvement. All the other worlds (especially Moo Shue) are too 'friendly'. I think that the destruction atmosphere is Dragonspyre is more suited to my tastes.

Mastermind
May 13, 2011
most of the shops in atheneum have living people. the dragon titan changed everything. it used to be nice place like WC. now its chaotic and collapsing. the air turned red, theres a 'rift' over DS and the water turned to lava. of course there are dead people there. the survivors might have died of age too. idk when the war happened

Survivor
Jan 02, 2011
akitahbird on Jul 6, 2012 wrote:

Haley Fairygarden
Level 46 Life Wizard

Actually I'm pretty sure there are two other living npcs,but I can't exactly remember who they are,cause It's been around 8 months since I was in Dragonspyre and I know for sure at least 1 of them isn't evil(I think they might give a side quest) .But even with all the dead ppl in Dspyre it was probably my favorite world

Scarlet Silverhunter
Lvl 58 Sorcerer
The Scinece Center

"In order to be irreplacable one must always be different"