Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The PvP Divide

AuthorMessage
Squire
Jan 05, 2010

Kingsisle,

You have been asking people to provide input on the pvp system and I thought I would give you an option to think about concerning any major changes.

The major problems expressed seem to be puppet teaming, high damage Treasure cards(basilisk, skeletal dragon) in low level pvp and the inability for lower levels to block criticals.

I believe it is time to separate pvp into two segments and by doing so will solve some of the problems people have with pvp right now.

One segment could be for levels 1-48, No damage cards or pet attacks above 48 could be used in this level range. Right now a level 10 can use a rank 9 basilisk and damage cards(TC's) going to get to a point where they outweigh health and become a problem. This would be a great way to separate people with criticals from lower levels who can't block criticals with gear choices.

The other segment could house levels 49 and up and would have no restrictions.
Doing this would also make it impossible for a wizard at the level cap to team with a level 1, would limit the amount of puppet teams in group arena.

KI, I honestly think it is time to separate ranked pvp into two. This would fix many issues in my opinion.

It's not a perfect solution, but a step in the right direction IMO.

Mastermind
Dec 11, 2011

I don't agree with you. Let me ATTEMPT to solve this with the answer to these problems. Treasure cards. I went there.

If you are facing a Myth using the new TC version of Basilisk, the Spirit school's shields will answer that. The Tower Shield will answer that. Myth dispels will answer that. Now, I don't believe thats a "for sure" soulotion, but, it's how I avoided one.

As for Critical Block, Conviction is avalible to train at all levels, though you must be Sergeant to train.

Dividing the PvP simpily comes to down to either PvP on the lower level and deal with it, OR, PvP on the higher lvl, and be prepared.

I know I will get a negivitave response to this. Woo.

Anyways, the best of luck in your future PvP's

Sincerly,
gtafreak101 8)

~Eric CrowSpear - Lvl 80
~Eric LifeGiver - Lvl 46
~Eric FrostSpear - Lvl 37
~Eric SoulStalker - Lvl 28

Explorer
Apr 10, 2010
travisAk wrote:

Kingsisle,

You have been asking people to provide input on the pvp system and I thought I would give you an option to think about concerning any major changes.

The major problems expressed seem to be puppet teaming, high damage Treasure cards(basilisk, skeletal dragon) in low level pvp and the inability for lower levels to block criticals.

I believe it is time to separate pvp into two segments and by doing so will solve some of the problems people have with pvp right now.

One segment could be for levels 1-48, No damage cards or pet attacks above 48 could be used in this level range. Right now a level 10 can use a rank 9 basilisk and damage cards(TC's) going to get to a point where they outweigh health and become a problem. This would be a great way to separate people with criticals from lower levels who can't block criticals with gear choices.

The other segment could house levels 49 and up and would have no restrictions.
Doing this would also make it impossible for a wizard at the level cap to team with a level 1, would limit the amount of puppet teams in group arena.

KI, I honestly think it is time to separate ranked pvp into two. This would fix many issues in my opinion.

It's not a perfect solution, but a step in the right direction IMO.

Firstly why is it 1-48 and not 1-49? It may be a small margin but still something you shouldn't leave out. As for underleveled tc use it is sort of a double edged sword. You have the low-mid rank noobs spamming chimera, basilisk ect but then there are the Overloards (1000+) facing off against people 10-20 levels above them who need to close that gap. Basilisk isn't gg all of the time if most people with commander gear have around 50% resistance. As for puppeting, yes I can see where you're coming from. It isn't healthy for the community either due to the fact that you get black-listed if you get seen on a puppet team. As for criticals, that may not change. There is gear out there that provides a chance for crit although as expected you have to throw your money at Kingsisle to get it, and if experience has taught me anything once KI gets their money they could care less about what happens so low level crit isn't going anywhere unless KI just takes it out of PvP altogether.

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
gtafreak101 wrote:

I don't agree with you. Let me ATTEMPT to solve this with the answer to these problems. Treasure cards. I went there.

If you are facing a Myth using the new TC version of Basilisk, the Spirit school's shields will answer that. The Tower Shield will answer that. Myth dispels will answer that. Now, I don't believe thats a "for sure" soulotion, but, it's how I avoided one.

As for Critical Block, Conviction is avalible to train at all levels, though you must be Sergeant to train.

Dividing the PvP simpily comes to down to either PvP on the lower level and deal with it, OR, PvP on the higher lvl, and be prepared.

I know I will get a negivitave response to this. Woo.

Anyways, the best of luck in your future PvP's

Sincerly,
gtafreak101 8)

~Eric CrowSpear - Lvl 80
~Eric LifeGiver - Lvl 46
~Eric FrostSpear - Lvl 37
~Eric SoulStalker - Lvl 28

I actually agree with most everything you have written. TC's are a good counter to everything but the issue of high level TC's in low level pvp is a hot issue right now on another popular fan site. The problem is that a group of people are using high level TC use in low level pvp as a platform to push for a COMPLETE TC restriction (limiting spells to level). I can understand how these cards can be frustrating to new players but have no problem with them personally. Really all I am trying to do is thInk of alternative ways to help them without destroying pvp (TC level limits will break pvp IMO)

Thx for the reply, honestly I feel the same as you :)

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
Lucario450 wrote:

Firstly why is it 1-48 and not 1-49? It may be a small margin but still something you shouldn't leave out.
right, I did not really factor in gear choices. I just remember back in Dragonspyre days when pvp worked so well at 50 level cap, made the line in response to that (overwhelming passion people have for the belated level 50 pvp) and the level 48 spells and pets. I do agree though, 49-50 would work better.

Lucario450 wrote:
As for underleveled tc use it is sort of a double edged sword. You have the low-mid rank noobs spamming chimera, basilisk ect but then there are the Overloards (1000+) facing off against people 10-20 levels above them who need to close that gap. Basilisk isn't gg all of the time if most people with commander gear have around 50% resistance. As for puppeting, yes I can see where you're coming from. It isn't healthy for the community either due to the fact that you get black-listed if you get seen on a puppet team. As for criticals, that may not change. There is gear out there that provides a chance for crit although as expected you have to throw your money at Kingsisle to get it, and if experience has taught me anything once KI gets their money they could care less about what happens so low level crit isn't going anywhere unless KI just takes it out of PvP altogether.

I have four rank ceiling low level overlords and understand what you've written better than anybody else, I normally face privates three times my level (15vs45).

I just though that the system might work better if the two groups were separated, this way new spells can be introduced (like insane bolt) and with a high level (above 50 card) it would have no negative effects on low level pvp do the treasure could stay usable.

The other thing would be that a level 50 teamed with a puppet would be less effective because of the lack of critical at level 50. This would basically blow this matching system exploit out of the water if you understand matching system and how it pairs. Consequently in the high level section as the cap raises the lowest level the capped wizard could team with would be 51.

I do think KI needs money, every business does. They have actually been quite open with the pvp community though and have addressed many issues in the past while. Also they have expressed to this pvp section that they are hearing our concerns.

Explorer
Dec 12, 2010
We can't just ban treasure cards because some other people can't afford it with gold. Sorry but I can't agree with you. :?

-Savvy DeathHunter Lvl 24 Life Pvp Captain 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)