Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Best gear for balance

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 18, 2009
where's the best gear for balance that's not crowns gear, drop gear, crafting gear or waterworks gear? I know everything I just said is basically the best, but where can I just buy some really good gear? It's taking forever to do the crafting quests.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Elgal101 wrote:
where's the best gear for balance that's not crowns gear, drop gear, crafting gear or waterworks gear? I know everything I just said is basically the best, but where can I just buy some really good gear? It's taking forever to do the crafting quests.

You pretty well ruled it all out, LOL.

What level are you? I'm guessing you're over level 60, since you mentioned WW gear... I'll have a peek in the Bazaar when I log in next, and will let you know if I come across anything.

-El Veeb/Shadowsong
the Archmage of Awesomeness

(who still wears her WW Judgement gear, 20 levels later)

Delver
Oct 05, 2010
Some balance have taken to using some of the Avalon crafted gear I suggest you try it out. Not full gear but sometimes just the robe or the robe plus the hat.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
TheDarkestMask wrote:
Some balance have taken to using some of the Avalon crafted gear I suggest you try it out. Not full gear but sometimes just the robe or the robe plus the hat.

Depends on what kind of character (offensive or defensive) that you're trying to build.

I crafted some of the Avalon gear (Wyrd-Walker coat and Courtly Dirk are the two I remember), but I have a 99% power pip chance, a 50% incoming heal boost, and 35% universal resist that I'm not willing to give up, in exchange for crit block. I already have a block rating of 170 across the board... I don't need more.

That said, if you're building a hammer (hard-hitting character),this may be worth it. But be prepared to give up most of your defensive stats~ healing, power-pip chances, and resistance will all suffer.